Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Community Based Story! :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Knadan | 4060 Community Commissar

(Get them to a pub or similar public place, and I'll try to find a way to add a soldier/Marine to their merry band. But you're in no hurry, just keep going how you're going.)

on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:09 am

The Commissar will see you now....

Pandora's Box | 4308 Grammatical Wizard

1st LT Knadan wrote:(Get them to a pub or similar public place, and I'll try to find a way to add a soldier/Marine to their merry band. But you're in no hurry, just keep going how you're going.)

(Will do, eventually. I don't like doing back to back posts so I have to wait. But I'll try and lead the story thata way.)

on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:20 am

Kevow of Rice | 3750 Enshrined Member

"Your father... He disappeared from the guild 12 years back. He was in this very room when he disappeared. Brother brang back a scroll of the Elven. When he opened it a portal lay within. He was pulled in and the scroll was never able to be opened again..." The Guild Master confessed.
"Wait... So that day... When he returned... There was a flash of light, everyone just saw him walk in and disappeared..." She said
"Yes and no, he did go into the portal after a long discussion of a hour while the scroll was opened and had no other way of closing, it was Elven so it was indeed powerful. Everyone watched, but as he entered an aurora was put in place and everyone but the guild master, me, and Nijian. Our most powerful Wizard."
"And a week after that I left... But where's the scroll? How can I reopen it?!" She said frantically.
"The scroll is in my spell Ultimate Defense, a mile underground. And how to open it? Well it was your fathers polearm and the crystal in the middle of it, solid Mana."
"Good, once you can get [hero] a guild permit, then we can get some jobs done, hire some Mercs and we can take my weapon back from the Dark Lord..."
the old man was shocked. "The Dark Lord has it? My my... We're in danger of an impending attack... He knows of the Scroll and wishes to find the Elvens light and mix his Darkness to create.... Omni-Magic, powerful enough to destroy a city with a blast, or raise a thousand armies... Come, we must get your friend and tell the Consoul about this immediately!"

[hero] read on in his books, what he found was startling, the Master Had a hidden Library behind a secret compartment. He looked through a single golden book. "The History Of Prophecies"

The book told the secret prophecies the heroes had to face. First one was the Hero of Kabrax, who lead a War Campaign against the DawnFire Dominion. With the magic of the Power Amulet. Creating the 5 Factions of Tarynox.

The second Hero of Owolanx, Who gained the trust of the Elven to fight against the Dark Lord, with the Amulet of Peace, he created the two Scrolls, Gate of Return and Gate of Elements, which was the plane where mostly mana existed, in which ended up the Elves disappeared and the Dark-lord couldn't capture their light Magic and which it destroyed the Dark Lords faction to a lesser power then the other 4.

The Third Hero of Helios, Who sought to destroy the Super Asteroid summoned by the gods to destroy this world, destroying it by dissembling the molecular make-up with a mana machination with the Help of the Chaos Amulet.

He finished reading... And in [hero]s hands was one of the three Amulets, it was... He got up and put the book in his bag...

The girl and Guild Master waited for him in the guild Hall.
She spoke to him "We're going to the Consoul in two days, meanwhile, I found a well paid job for us, the client is in a Pub called Sharlingtons Pub."
"Well that's good, lets go!" [hero] replied while keeping the books secret to himself...

*note he actually has the amulet of Fusion

Last edited by kevow on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total

on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:22 am

When they arrived at the pub, the young woman asked [hero] to talk to the inn-keeper to get them a room and food on the guilds credit. While he did that she would meet their contact to get all the details of the job.
After some time, and bartering with the owner, [hero] had a small tray of food and keys for a room with two beds. He turned to survey the room and find his associate, and saw her waving him over. When he sat down at the table, he found another man already there. He quickly sized him up; muscular but not incredibly so, a youthful appearance and fair looks, perhaps in his mid to late twenties, but he also had the look of a veteran. The young woman began introducing the man, "[hero] this is [Marine], he heard me talking with the person hiring us, and offered to help us out. He served a tour with the Kabraxian (democracy) Marines, fighting pirates and such."
The man nodded to [hero], with a friendly, if somewhat reserved smile.

(Sooner or later we're gonna have to come up with names for these people. I guess I'll take the Marine since he's my character, just not right now. I'll leave it hear for someone else to explain the job.)

on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:58 am

MrWhiskey | 3914 Member

Later that evening at dinner [hero] and [marine] were talking very rapidily through subjects. When [hero] grew tired he retired to his room, saying goodnight to his new companion. When he went in his room he found the girl asleep in her bed shivering. She had that look of terror on her face. He knew she was having a nightmare. He stripped his bed of his blankets and put them on the girl. He began to sing an old nursery rhyme his father had onece sang to him. The girl smiled and woke up. "You know I never got your name," she said.
"My name is Tetrineze. What is yours?" He replied smiling back at the girl.
"My name is Carelinx. Well Tetrineze, I think we should both fall asleep, for we have a busy day ahead of us," Carelinx said.
"Agreed," he grinned fell on his bed and slept.
Later in the middle of the night Carelinx wakes Tetrineze up. "Tetrineze, I cannot sleep," she said.
"Why not?" Tetrineze asked. He was very curious.
"I have a sleeping disorder. It's sort of a fright thing I obtained hunting once," Carelinx replied. She felt ashamed, but Tetrineze gave her the look telling her not to be.

on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:06 am

Halo Wrexx | 2588 Legendary Member

"If you would like I can tell you a story. until you fall asleep. It's an old folk tale, you might have heard it," Tetrineze said.
"If you would that'd be nice," she remarks.
"Alright get in bed and I'll tell you the story," Tetrineze replies. She get's into bed and he begins. "There were three brothers. One a strong young lad, another a scrawny intellegent boy, and the last a shy peaceful boy. One day these boys were travelling along the Yowarx River in their boat when they were greeted by an angel. This angel was unlike others though. This angel was mortal. The strong young lad.....

on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:41 am

"asked the angel for more strength, but the angel respectfully declined. The scrawny but intelligent boy asked the angel for limitless knowledge, but again the angel respectfully declined. After the two older brothers were refused their wishes they turned to the youngest, the shy and peaceful one, and said to leave since the angel wouldn't fulfill any of their wishes. B the shy and peaceful boy walked to the angel and said 'can you be my friend?' The angel smiled for the first time since the brothers came. It gave him a feather from its wing then flew far above into the sky. That boy grew up to be the unify-er of the land and created the second ever unified empire in Tarynox history. The Seleucid Empire---"

When he looked over Carelinx was sound asleep and he thought to himself that these old folk tales sounded fascinating but are nothing more than over exaggerated stories passed through the generations...

on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:19 am

but silence was overheard with a gust of wind, there behind him stood a figure in a cloak. He got up with his sword. But the figure put its mummified hands up with a parchment. It was the quest they were assigned to go on. He cautiously grabbed the paper and as he read through it and looked back at the figure, it was gone...

The Parchment read:

-Salzar-

To Thee the receiver and companions, you are to retrieve one thing for me in which, I will reward your efforts greatly.

You must retrieve this tome from a Dark Merc. It will have a picture of an Angel on it. You must not open the book. and you must kill the one who had stolen it. The location is Halsey Mills along the gravel pathway of the great Parthinia. You have forty eight hours to complete this task before the deadline. Meet me by the riverside east of this city, I'll be waiting by a marked sign with a blue X.

Reward: 1,000 Pearls.
Future Job recommendations
a Staff of Ikride

He rolled it up and went to bed with his sword at his side. He started to have dreams the moment his eyes were closed, they were...

on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:28 am

filled with flashes. The flashes occured so fast that he couldn't truly see anything. The few flashes he could make out were of a map of Tarynox turning burning, bodies strewn about various settings, and his amulet. He could feel his heart beat faster, even though he was dreaming. Then it suddenly everything came to a halt. He was laying in a building littered with bodies. He saw Sir Kaine, [the marine], Carelinx, and many warriors and magic-users from various factions. As he stood up there was a solitary figure standing at the front of the room. It was a beautiful, tall, woman with long blonde hair and a stunning figure. She was... glowing and the glow made it hard to distinguish definite features or clothing. As she started to turn towards him he woke up to...

Notes:
(I'd like to save this dream as a reference in the future. Like a wtf did the dream even mean. Then, much, later people are like "wait what?" and either remember the dream or reread it and it clicks!)

on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:57 am

PandorasBox12 wrote:Sir Kaine, [the marine]
(I was going to name the marine next good chance I got, but I guess that works too. Although to be clear, the guy is a veteran NCO, not an officer.)

on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:26 am

1st LT Knadan wrote:
PandorasBox12 wrote:Sir Kaine, [the marine]
(I was going to name the marine next good chance I got, but I guess that works too. Although to be clear, the guy is a veteran NCO, not an officer.)

(Sorry for the mix up, but Sir Kaine is the knight that trained Tetrineze back in Eriwald. You can still name your character)

on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:32 am

PandorasBox12 wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:

(Sorry for the mix up, but Sir Kaine is the knight that trained Tetrineze back in Eriwald. You can still name your character)
(Ohhhh, okay, I got ya now. Never mind.)

on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:37 pm

The touch of Carelinx's hand on his shoulders. "Wake up." she said "Were ready to go now."
"Wait.." he replied "Hhow did you-"
"The parchment was on the table, I read through it and it seams doable." she explained.
"Ok... no time to waste." He said, but his stomach growled. "Well... At least breakfast first."

As they ate and headed out on horseback, the headed to the mill, desert trees were grown quickly and cut down, but the place was off somehow, unnatural and disrupted... They had their weapons drawn and ready to fight the unknown force that were causing this phenomenon. There by a closed road, they stopped and headed on by feet closer to the mill. [Marine] scouted forward and found the mill, but it was enclosed by a blackened force-field.

"Hahahahaha, I will kill you all!" A voice said out of nowhere.
The ground shook and fice wraiths surronded them. They were reaper like and had black cloaks with varying weapons. The first one with its kusarigama and swung the syth like flail at Carelinx, but she was able to evade its range and fired ice spikes at it. [marine] pulled out his forearm crossbow on his left forearm and his silver revolver in the other. He fired quick light bolts at the others as they spread out and attacked...

Last edited by kevow on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to fit the theme of Tarynox)

on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 pm

Halo Wrexx | 2588 Legendary Member

(Just want to remind you guys this story is set in an enviroment similar to the old west, but with magic and stuff. And similar just means architecture and a bit of weapons. You don't have to be similar it's just a reminder. I also made edits to the front to keep track of everything)

on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:28 am

Halo Wrexx wrote:(Just want to remind you guys this story is set in an enviroment similar to the old west, but with magic and stuff. And similar just means architecture and a bit of weapons. You don't have to be similar it's just a reminder. I also made edits to the front to keep track of everything)
(So, are you saying revolvers, lever actions, and the like are fair game?)

on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:15 am

Mad Mike | 4067 Gwendolyn's Minion

(This is pretty epic, feels alot like a slightly more serious final fantasy. I think I will add a character with his roots in Helios to the group, a smart guy with alot of fancy gadgets. I just need a better opportunity.)

on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:57 am

The wraiths were relatively weak, the only challenge they presented was their agility and ability to hover quickly. But it also seemed like the wraiths weren't actually defeated. Every time Tetrineze, Carelinx, or Jaysen hit one it just seemed to evaporate. As the number of wraiths were whittled down the darkness surrounding the mill began to dissipate revealing a demon's mark on the door. This demon's mark was a moon with a swirl in the middle with the swirl's tail leading down and out of the moon. It was also written in blood, but it was apparent that the blood had been there for quite some time. As they approached the entrance Jaysen said,

"That was too damn easy. I used to be part of the Kabraxian Marines and I've fought plenty, including wraiths. Those aren't even close to the wraiths I've fought before."

Carelinx replied,

"Then we should take extra care. Especially since that is a demonic mark on the door."

When they entered the mill there wasn't anything different between this mill and any other one. It was just like any old mill, but then again it had been abandoned for quite some time so it should have shown age. As they searched the rooms they found nothing and finally they came to the basement door as prepared as ever. When they entered they found it to be a library with the book they were looking for laying open on the desk with an oil lamp on. As Tetrineze took one step forward black smoke began to swirl around the desk. When the smoke dissipated a solo figure was standing there. It was a Satyr* and it held a grin and a sickle. So astonished by the appearance of a demon the group forgot to notice that the mill had been changed into it's actual run down form. The Satyr conjure up a black flame into it's free hand and said...

Notes:
(Satyrs are half-goat half-human beings of supernatural power. The'y usually harmless deities the play pranks on humans but can amass power from dark rituals and blood-pacts/sacrifices.)

Last edited by PandorasBox12 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix stuff about Jayden)

on Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:42 pm

"Abdul comes again, on the feast of the weaker. Feast for the Deep... Temple... Born again, here. Alhazred! G’yeth... G’yeth..." As the Satyr spoke, Carelinx started as she realized what it was chanting, and yelled "Jaysen (the Marine), shoot it now!" In a moment he had shouldered his rifle and fired off a shot, quickly cycled the lever, and fired again. The blessed rounds punching through whatever magical shield the Satyr had, and killing it. Tetrineze jumped out of his surprise as the first round was fired and punched into the Satyr.
Jaysen advanced to the body of the Satyr, and fired another round into it's head. This done, Jaysen looked at Carelinx, and began asking her questions. "What was he doing? I'm sure it was bad news, but what was he doing? Summoning something? Or something else?"

(The Satyrs chant is from Fallout 3, one of the audiotapes found at the Dunwich Building.)

on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55 am

"I... I don't know..." Stammered Carelinx, who was obviously frightened.

Jaysen snapped,
"What do you mean, 'I don't know?" You're supposed to be the expert on magic!"

"I'm sorry, I never really studied magic. I just practiced the art of magic, but I haven't really studied magic..."

She was obviously shaken by Jaysen's outburst but Tetrineze understood his point. They had just faced some demon that was chanting something they didn't understand and even the member with knowledge of magic didn't know what was truly happening. It seemed that Jaysen also noticed Carelinx's feelings,

"Well, let's forget it. This thing is dead and no one got hurt, haha, you don't get everyone home safely everyday."

Those words left Jaysen's lips with hidden sorrow and memories. His words still soothed the tension a bit but Carelinx was still upset. Tetrineze walk over the corpse and quickly the book which was laying on the cracked cobblestone floor. They trio started to walk towards the exit stepping past holes in the floor and moss covered walls. As they entered the main hall, where the exit was located, they stood in awe. The true form of this room was run down and littered with bodies and blood stained almost everything. The demon's symbol was drawn, in what appeared to be the victim's blood, over each person's heart. The corpses were primarily Kabrax foot-soldiers and Templars. The bodies weren't all horribly disfigured; the damaged ranged from from slashes, apparently from each other, to what appeared to be the blood being pulled from their bodies slowly by magic. None of these soldiers had fire arms, so it could be assumed that Jaysen's projectiles might have been the only thing that could have penetrated the Satyr's shield. But leaning against the door there was one body that was different, it was a priest and in his hand was a note. Before making a quick exit Tetrineze seized the note and stashed it in his bag. After they exited Carelinx doubled over and started to dry heave. What they saw wasn't easy to digest.

"Wow, I've seen plenty in war but the demon was a sick bastard..."
Muttered Jaysen under his breathe.

As they stood there the mill went alight with a black flame, much like the one that the Satyr conjured before its chant. Suddenly a booming voice came from the burning mill as they looked in astonishment,

"Hahaha! Foolish humans, You've only stalled me. Your souls looked so good I got ahead of myself, I won't make that mistake again!"

Then the fire self extinguished and along with the disappearance of the fire was the mill. There appeared to be nothing left, or rather, like there was nothing there to begin with.

Notes:
(Feel I went a bit overboard with writing, I tried to throw some insight to the characters' personalities. But oh well, how does everyone think the story is coming along?)

Last edited by PandorasBox12 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding a hint as to Jaysen's character and his past.)

on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:57 am

Mad Mike | 4067 Gwendolyn's Minion

PandorasBox12 wrote:[color=blue]"

I havn't written anything myself yet but I honestly really enjoy reading it!
It's has potential to be a real book! I really like those old legends, the factions and the story of the universe in general!
But don't get stuck in action parts for to long. It's dialoges and characters that make a interresting story.

I might also try to be a part of this if I get some time, there is alot in school right now...

on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Mad Mike wrote:I havn't written anything myself yet but I honestly really enjoy reading it!
It's has potential to be a real book! I really like those old legends, the factions and the story of the universe in general!
But don't get stuck in action parts for to long. It's dialoges and characters that make a interresting story.

I might also try to be a part of this if I get some time, there is alot in school right now...

(Thanks for the input; I try to inject as much lore and background as I can when I post. Which might be why my posts are so long. But I understand how school can be, so when you have the time or a really good idea post it up!)

on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 pm

As they stared at where the mill had been, each reacted in their own way. Tetrineze by swearing lightly under his breath, Carelinx by making herself a simple ward of protection, and Jaysen by making the Sign of the Cross.
After a quiet moment, Tetrineze spoke, "Let's get out of here." With that, they returned to their horses to meet with their employer.

As they rode, Jaysen drew next to Carelinx, "Sorry about snapping at you back there." She began to reply, saying he had been right, but he held up a hand to stop her. "Doesn't matter if I was right or not, it was uncalled for, not even the best experts can know everything." Her mouth closed, and she considered his words for a moment, before nodding once and responding.
"Apology accepted." He looked at her face for a moment, and seeing the return of relaxation to her face, he also nodded and moved his horse away from hers.

Soon they reached the meeting point where they would collect their pay. They saw two figures there, one the cloaked person or creature who had given Tetrineze the scroll, the other a weathered but friendly man who had informed Carelinx of the job. When they reached the pair, the man spoke up, "Got the book then?" Tetrineze took the book from his bag, but did not give it to the man yet.
"Our payment?"
"Fair enough, can't say I blame you for wanting to be paid." The cloaked figure pulled out a bag and poured into its hand several pearls, before pouring them back into the bag. As the figure did this, the man collected a staff that had been leaning on a nearby tree. "Here it is, as promised, we'll leave your payment here on the ground, and you leave the book on the ground. Sound fair?" Tetrineze agreed, and soon both sides had what they wanted. With a wave, their employers headed off, and the trio began making their own way back to town.

(Wrexx, fyi Sir Kaine isn't the marine, that was a misunderstanding on my part, the name of the marine is actually Jaysen.
Well Pandora, maybe it was overboard, but either way, it's good work.)

on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:03 pm

1st LT Knadan wrote:

(Quick question, what faction is Jaysen from? (Kabrax (democracy), Tartaruz (tyranny), Helios (monarchy), or Owalanx (oligarchy). Just for future reference and so I can edit my posts. And thanks for the compliment, group stories really create nice ideas. And yeah Wrexx Jaysen is the marine. Sir Kaine is just an old friend/instructor of Tetrineze)

on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 pm

PandorasBox12 wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:

(Quick question, what faction is Jaysen from? (Kabrax (democracy), Tartaruz (tyranny), Helios (monarchy), or Owalanx (oligarchy). Just for future reference and so I can edit my posts. And thanks for the compliment, group stories really create nice ideas. And yeah Wrexx Jaysen is the marine. Sir Kaine is just an old friend/instructor of Tetrineze)
(If you go back to the post where I added him, it says he served with the Kabraxian (democracy) Marines.)

on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:05 pm

"Did you Give them the tracking staff?" An echo and meatllic voice over watched the men ridding away...
"Yes Lord, we will now begin our espionage mission. Once we know the location of the scroll dimensions then we will begin our seige against the five guilds."
"Do not disappoint..."

The trio was finally back at the Cardinals guild. They paid the guild taxes (for their license to do guild jobs) and finally went to report in on what had happened.

"Of course, we had many strange reports of abandoned houses being littered with dead corpses and blood circles. I'll have to record this and report it to the authorities after we are done." The Guild Master said.

"I have a new mission for you. I'm going to send you three and someone else to take back the polearm so we can have the Elven scroll secured." he said.
"Why now?" Tetrineze asked.
The guild master pulled a book towards him and opened it in mid-air. "Reports have indicated that several spies have infiltrated the city and one was recently captured and was part of the Dark sanctuary clan. That means the Dark lord is looking for the Scroll, we must find that weapon and secure both of them."
"Ok, that makes sense, but who will we go with?" Jaysen asked.
"Don, my second star pupil will help and guide you to one of the Dark Lords Strongholds. There, you will sneak in through a series of underground tunnels and take it back. He is currently waiting for you outside."
"Ok" he agreed.

Don was sitting on a bench outside. He looked as if he was a homeless geezer of some sort. He stood up and introduced himself to Carlinex. "Hey beautiful, heard you just joined the guild."
She punched him in the face. "I'm not here to play. Just take us to where we need to go please..."
"A lady with manners and speaks with her fists, not my type, but I guess the guild master ordered me to. Fine lets get on these... Unicorns? Ponies? What ever, get on." He seamed confused at first, but as they headed out to the barren wasteland.

on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Forumotion.com | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum