Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

360 controller?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SlashedTortoise | 4315 Teh Maps? I Make!

avatar
Will we be able to use a wired Xbox 360 controller with GoC??
I prefer them to pc controls but not sure how hard it is to do



on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:35 pm

SilentGamer64 | 3931 Wort! Wort! Wort!

avatar
Im almost positive it will be a feature. Every recent halo game has forced a controller on players, and switching to pc controls would be a pain for a lot of people.



on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Pandora's Box | 4424 Grammatical Wizard

avatar
But if it was keyboard only it'd be able to feature a lot more commands/features



on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee | 2816 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
Most likely. Even if they don't for some reason, Google or this can still help you. And for the amount of buttons problem, there are ways around that. The D-Pad could open a menu with more options or something. The D-Pad has a history of being very underused in Halo games, so that's a few extra buttons there.



on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Pandora's Box | 4424 Grammatical Wizard

avatar
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Most likely. Even if they don't for some reason, Google or this can still help you. And for the amount of buttons problem, there are ways around that. The D-Pad could open a menu with more options or something. The D-Pad has a history of being very underused in Halo games, so that's a few extra buttons there.

I feel like using the D-pad would be clunky and/or slow though.



on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee | 2816 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
PandorasBox12 wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Most likely. Even if they don't for some reason, Google or this can still help you. And for the amount of buttons problem, there are ways around that. The D-Pad could open a menu with more options or something. The D-Pad has a history of being very underused in Halo games, so that's a few extra buttons there.

I feel like using the D-pad would be clunky and/or slow though.
Maybe. They could get it working one way or another though.



on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:58 pm

BloodBrothers | 1053 I used to be a troll like you...

avatar
SlashedTortoise wrote:Will we be able to use a wired Xbox 360 controller with GoC??
I prefer them to pc controls but not sure how hard it is to do
You seriously are asking this? I am disappointed.



on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:35 am

SilentGamer64 | 3931 Wort! Wort! Wort!

avatar
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Most likely. Even if they don't for some reason, Google or this can still help you. And for the amount of buttons problem, there are ways around that. The D-Pad could open a menu with more options or something. The D-Pad has a history of being very underused in Halo games, so that's a few extra buttons there.

^ Ive been looking for something like this that could get my joystick to work for pc games. Thanks for putting it up! Smile



on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:03 am

stryking | 2819 The Floaty Green Dude


you could use just about anything when it comes to pc gaming...



Last edited by stryking on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total


on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:18 pm

Kevow of Rice | 3866 Enshrined Member

avatar
PandorasBox12 wrote:But if it was keyboard only it'd be able to feature a lot more commands/features

but the D-pad, we rarely put anything on the D-pad!
(grenade switching could be turned into 1 button instead of 2) aaaaaannnnddd we have 3 extra buttons!



on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Mad Mike | 4183 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
kevow wrote:
PandorasBox12 wrote:But if it was keyboard only it'd be able to feature a lot more commands/features

but the D-pad, we rarely put anything on the D-pad!
(grenade switching could be turned into 1 button instead of 2) aaaaaannnnddd we have 3 extra buttons!

You can easily get like 15 more commands for the condtroller. All you need is for the d-pad to open a menu.
Like:
left + a = MEDIC!
left + x = NEED AMMO!
left + b = HELP!
etc
And then you also have right, up and down so you can have tons of commands and stuff!

(and it wouldn't be that comblicated, you would get used to it and learn to use it really fast)



on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:40 am

SilentGamer64 | 3931 Wort! Wort! Wort!

avatar
Mad Mike wrote:
kevow wrote:

but the D-pad, we rarely put anything on the D-pad!
(grenade switching could be turned into 1 button instead of 2) aaaaaannnnddd we have 3 extra buttons!

You can easily get like 15 more commands for the condtroller. All you need is for the d-pad to open a menu.
Like:
left + a = MEDIC!
left + x = NEED AMMO!
left + b = HELP!
etc
And then you also have right, up and down so you can have tons of commands and stuff!

(and it wouldn't be that comblicated, you would get used to it and learn to use it really fast)

Why stop there? Battlefield 3 xbox controls have tapping the back button set to make callouts to whatever the player is looking at. (pressing and holding the back button gives the scoreboard) This would leave the d-pad completely open.



on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Kevow of Rice | 3866 Enshrined Member

avatar
SilentGamer64 wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

You can easily get like 15 more commands for the condtroller. All you need is for the d-pad to open a menu.
Like:
left + a = MEDIC!
left + x = NEED AMMO!
left + b = HELP!
etc
And then you also have right, up and down so you can have tons of commands and stuff!

(and it wouldn't be that comblicated, you would get used to it and learn to use it really fast)

Why stop there? Battlefield 3 xbox controls have tapping the back button set to make callouts to whatever the player is looking at. (pressing and holding the back button gives the scoreboard) This would leave the d-pad completely open.


this can all be fitted in 1 button, down on the d-pad makes the pop-up of a commo-rose like bf3 (or the circle from halo wars) and select almost everything you can.



on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:10 pm

SlashedTortoise | 4315 Teh Maps? I Make!

avatar
RB + Left D-Pad = vehicles radio on/off
RB + Up D-Pad = Vehicle Horn
RB + Right D-Pad = .....
RB + Down D-Pad = .....
LB + Left D-Pad = .....
LB + Up D-Pad = .....
etc
etc
etc

its very possible to do it all, just little side things will have to be combo buttons



on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Guest | Guest


Yes, Im using one right now



on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 pm

camycamera | 4310 Legendary Member

avatar
Swanton007 wrote:Yes, Im using one right now

thread has been answered! REJOICE!

lol



on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:28 pm

stryking | 2819 The Floaty Green Dude


Swanton007 wrote:Yes, Im using one right now

keyboard and mouse FTW



on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:22 pm

SlashedTortoise | 4315 Teh Maps? I Make!

avatar
Swanton007 wrote:Yes, Im using one right now

YES I LOVE YOU!!! Razz



on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Sponsored content |




View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Forumotion.com | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum