Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

CWO4anthony321123 | 4515 Legendary Member

avatar
I'm an Atheist.Smile 



on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:44 am

Pandora's Box | 4424 Grammatical Wizard

avatar
I'm Protestant Surprised 



on Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 am

001 Contrite Mediation | 4364 The Floaty Green Dude

avatar
Roman Catholic



on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 am

Noble | 1679 Thus I Refute Thee

avatar
I'm an agnostic



on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:31 am

Legal | 5416 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
Atheist Smile



on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:29 am



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

Knadan | 4176 Community Commissar

avatar
Pandora's Box wrote:I'm Protestant Surprised 
Ditto.



on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:46 am



The Commissar will see you now....

Mad Mike | 4183 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
Orthodox christian.

(The syriac orthodox church is the oldest church in history and has it's roots in the first christian communities. We also speak a dialect of the Aramaic language that Jesus spoke.)



on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:05 pm

CWO4anthony321123 | 4515 Legendary Member

avatar
Legal wrote:Atheist Smile
Very Happy 



on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:33 pm

001 Contrite Mediation | 4364 The Floaty Green Dude

avatar
Mad Mike wrote:Orthodox christian.

(The syriac orthodox church is the oldest church in history and has it's roots in the first christian communities. We also speak a  dialect of the Aramaic language that Jesus spoke.)
I believe that's a tie between the Orthodox Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Church. They were both a part of early Christianity and were actually one church, then they separated in the Great Schism in 1054.



on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 am

Legal | 5416 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
Legal wrote:Atheist Smile
Very Happy 
<3 I wonder if everyone here follows their faith strictly?



on Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:57 am



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

Mad Mike | 4183 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:Orthodox christian.

(The syriac orthodox church is the oldest church in history and has it's roots in the first christian communities. We also speak a  dialect of the Aramaic language that Jesus spoke.)
I believe that's a tie between the Orthodox Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Church. They were both a part of early Christianity and were actually one church, then they separated in the Great Schism in 1054.
No, this is untrue. You are reffering to the greek-orthodox churches and the russian-orthodox churhes etc. They are very different, the syriac church is one of the Oriental-orthodox churches. They broke off from the other churches at 451

The Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch, as it is more formally called, IS the oldest Christian church in history. So old that it is infact mentioned in the bible.

Acts 11:26
"and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch."

It is not only the oldest organized church in history, it uses the oldest liturgy, and even in a dialect of the original language.

People are unaware of this because of how history is always bent towards Europe.
We spend entire terms learning about Ancient Greece, while Mesopotamia is barely even mentioned. (even though most of the greek culture originated from Mesopotamia and Egypt)
Most common people even think that Aramaic is a dead ancient language, when in fact I can speak it.



on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 am

Jony | 4817 Admin My Ass

avatar
Lutheran Smile



on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:05 pm

CWO4anthony321123 | 4515 Legendary Member

avatar
Legal wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Very Happy 
<3 I wonder if everyone here follows their faith strictly?
Wispering: Probably not.Wink 



on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Knadan | 4176 Community Commissar

avatar
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
Legal wrote:<3 I wonder if everyone here follows their faith strictly?
Wispering: Probably not.Wink 
"Every day we move closer to our judgement.  We must do our best to walk in the footsteps of our Lord and teach others how to do the same.  For many of us, the road is a difficult one, but the path is always there for us to follow, no matter how many times we may fall."
"Do you ever fall?"
"Every day.  Some days are... harder than others."
-Joshua Graham and the Courier of Fallout: New Vegas

I'm not perfect, I know I'm not and I accept this fact.  Even after a person gives their life to Christ, they'll still sin during their lifetime, that's simply a fact of the human condition.  
Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  
All I can do is take it one day at a time and do what I can to fulfill His plan for me with His help.



on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:54 pm



The Commissar will see you now....

FutureShadow202 | 3455 The Pig Roaster

avatar
I believe in a mix of things, but Roman Cathlolic overall.



on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 pm

001 Contrite Mediation | 4364 The Floaty Green Dude

avatar
FutureShadow202 wrote:I believe in a mix of things, but Roman Cathlolic overall.
Woot woot.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:00 am

Mad Mike | 4183 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
Knadan wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Wispering: Probably not.Wink 
"Every day we move closer to our judgement.  We must do our best to walk in the footsteps of our Lord and teach others how to do the same.  For many of us, the road is a difficult one, but the path is always there for us to follow, no matter how many times we may fall."
"Do you ever fall?"
"Every day.  Some days are... harder than others."
-Joshua Graham and the Courier of Fallout: New Vegas

I'm not perfect, I know I'm not and I accept this fact.  Even after a person gives their life to Christ, they'll still sin during their lifetime, that's simply a fact of the human condition.  
Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  
All I can do is take it one day at a time and do what I can to fulfill His plan for me with His help.
Well said



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 am

Knadan | 4176 Community Commissar

avatar
Mad Mike wrote:
Knadan wrote:
Well said
Thank you, I try.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:43 am



The Commissar will see you now....

Legal | 5416 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
This may hurt your feelings if you are deeply religious. Do not read if you feel you may get offended. I have warned you.

READ IF YOU DARE:
I may lose a tonne of respect for saying this. But here we go.

I just cannot believe how many intelligent people are on this forum... You all seem so well spoken and intellectual people. Most of you seem to have outstanding writing skills and knowledge of the world.

How in the hell do you incredibly intelligent people believe all the nonsense of religion? If you were born somewhere else, Israel for example, you would certainly not believe in the faith you do now. Religion was created by man to give purpose to lives that have no purpose.

Sorry to tell you this but we're an accident. A bloody amazing accident but we're here not because 'God' put us here, but because the stars died and science and nature put us here. I don't ''believe'' what I have said, I have come to that conclusion due to a lack of evidence for a intelligent creator and a supreme amount of overwhelming evidence for the laws and ideas that science put forward.

Why should we have to look at the Earth and Universe and apply some magical mystery to it. It's a wonderful place we live in without imagining there's fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Finally, I leave you with this: why do you think your God is the real one? Why? Why not Zeus? Why not Brahman? Why not Mictlantecuhtli the god of death in Aztec mythology?

p.s if any of you are young Earth creationists I ask you to leave this forum now. You are dangerous to society and I beg you don't teach your children those lies.

Religion I can tolerate, but lies I cannot.



Last edited by Legal on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total


on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:24 pm



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

camycamera | 4310 Legendary Member

avatar
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:I'm an Atheist.Smile 
ditto



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:21 pm

camycamera | 4310 Legendary Member

avatar
Legal wrote:
ouch. yeah, you started the fire all right, i don't think i'd ever have the balls to say that here....


i am interested to see where this goes.... i hope it doesn't lead to another closing off of a section of the forums.



i know this is the debating corner, but "keep it clean", somewhat, if you know what i mean (as in take into account other's feelings). especially you, Anthony (pun).



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Legal | 5416 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
Tempted to remove this before someone rages at me.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:39 pm



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

FutureShadow202 | 3455 The Pig Roaster

avatar
Legal wrote:Tempted to remove this before someone rages at me.
I think that over the years, the several different god types that have been created are all really the same god, but humans have made it into something they can comprehend. I believe there is a higher power than mortals, we just cant comprehehnd it, so we make it into whats easiest for our mind to comprehend. I respect everyones views, and I do believe that humans have twisted much of what the real truth is over the years. At the same time, I also believe in the forces of nature and the living earth, along with druidism, and other natural magics. I also believe that humams are capable of things such as telekinese, telepathy, and things of unexplainable nature, we just havent found the key to unlocking it fully.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Legal | 5416 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
FutureShadow202 wrote:
Legal wrote:Tempted to remove this before someone rages at me.
I think that over the years, the several different god types that have been created are all really the same god, but humans have made it into something they can comprehend. I believe there is a higher power than mortals, we just cant comprehehnd it, so we make it into whats easiest for our mind to comprehend. I respect everyones views, and I do believe that humans have twisted much of what the real truth is over the years. At the same time, I also believe in the forces of nature and the living earth, along with druidism, and other natural magics. I also believe that humams are capable of things such as telekinese, telepathy, and things of unexplainable nature, we just havent found the key to unlocking it fully.
Sounds interesting. As long as your beliefs don't contradict science me and you get a long perfectly well. As for the telekenesis and all that weird stuff... Maybe there is some weirdo explanation. Maybe our existence, focused in the 3 main dimensions (and time) cannot allow us to comprehend such powers. String Theory and such gives rise to up to 10 dimensions. If String Theory is found to be true, maybe there is weird stuff in other dimensions we can't understand. Pretty awesome stuff. But it all comes down to science. Not God.

If you're looking for a good read, I recommend 'a Universe from Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss. It might open your mind a bit to life without a creator.

Science truly is beautiful. I think the notion of an intelligent creator is totally created by humans. I'd prefer there wasn't a God. Wouldn't it be more fascinating if everything we knew happened by complete accident?



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:33 pm



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

Knadan | 4176 Community Commissar

avatar
Legal wrote:This may hurt your feelings if you are deeply religious. Do not read if you feel you may get offended. I have warned you.

READ IF YOU DARE:
I may lose a tonne of respect for saying this. But here we go.

I just cannot believe how many intelligent people are on this forum... You all seem so well spoken and intellectual people. Most of you seem to have outstanding writing skills and knowledge of the world.

How in the hell do you incredibly intelligent people believe all the nonsense of religion? If you were born somewhere else, Israel for example, you would certainly not believe in the faith you do now. Religion was created by man to give purpose to lives that have no purpose.

Sorry to tell you this but we're an accident. A bloody amazing accident but we're here not because 'God' put us here, but because the stars died and science and nature put us here. I don't ''believe'' what I have said, I have come to that conclusion due to a lack of evidence for a intelligent creator and a supreme amount of overwhelming evidence for the laws and ideas that science put forward.

Why should we have to look at the Earth and Universe and apply some magical mystery to it. It's a wonderful place we live in without imagining there's fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Finally, I leave you with this: why do you think your God is the real one? Why? Why not Zeus? Why not Brahman? Why not Mictlantecuhtli the god of death in Aztec mythology?

p.s if any of you are young Earth creationists I ask you to leave this forum now. You are dangerous to society and I beg you don't teach your children those lies.

Religion I can tolerate, but lies I cannot.
These are some counterpoints to Legal's statement, I hope I don't offend anyone and apologize in advance if I do.
Spoiler:

1. On location:  Yes, that's quite probably true, if one of us was raised in a different location, we probably would grow up believing in a different religion.  However, that doesn't mean we wouldn't convert to whatever belief we are now if exposed to it.
2.  How would you react Legal if suddenly, over dinner, your parents told you "son, you were an accident."  Most people would probably react negatively, because people tend to be averse to the idea that they're an accident.  Why is that, do you wonder?
3.  Where did the stars that died for us to exist come from?  Do you think the answer to that is the Big Bang?  Because last I checked, the very science you use to support your argument admits that they can't recreate a completely spontaneous explosion (for lack of a better word) to prove the theory.
4.  How did, "science and nature" put us here?  Evolution?  You do know, don't you, that scientists are still looking for that "missing link"?  Do you ever wonder if the reason they haven't found a conclusive "missing link" is because there isn't one to find?  And tell me, when was the last time you saw Iguanas morph into Parrots over several generations?
5.  Something to consider about Christianity, is our Bible.  It has dozens of authors, hundreds of translations and versions through the march of time, yet is consistent.  
6.  "p.s if any of you are young Earth creationists I ask you to leave this forum now. You are dangerous to society and I beg you don't teach your children those lies."  Legal, that is flat out disrespectful and I respectfully ask that you remove it.  I admit to strongly disagreeing with your viewpoint.  However I have striven to remain respectful and at no point have I flat out called anything you said 'lies.'  I ask that you do the same.
7.  "I'd prefer there wasn't a God."  That idea in general is probably part of why evolution and just ideas counter to the belief in a higher power are so popular.  If there's no higher power, then there's nothing I need to worry about being judged on after death.  But if that's true, then where does our basis for morality come from?
8.  Who's to say science and God can't co-exist?  After all, Newton, Galileo, Copernicus, Pascal, Kepler, along with other famous and influential scientists believed in a creator.
9.  I shall leave you with some scientific reading.
http://www.icr.org/science/
I may come up with other points later, but this is what I've got for now.
Although FutureShadow, aren't the beliefs of your later statement generally contradictory to Roman Catholicism?



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:57 pm



The Commissar will see you now....

Sponsored content |




View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Forum free | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum