Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

FutureShadow202 | 3567 The Pig Roaster

avatar
Legal wrote:
Knadan wrote:Then what do you call Martin Luther?
Martin Luther king Jr? One of my idols. I adore the man and think his work was amazing. His religious beliefs made him do good, not contradict science. If he went around saying the Earth is 7 days old and children burn in hell if they don't follow Jesus then I think he may have been a different kinda guy.

Martin Luther the monk seemed like a good guy. He pointed out the flaws in one religion and thought up another (sorry if I'm wrong I don't know much about him)

Maybe you're right on some part about religion changing then. But seriously, if you say that god doesn't exist, religion disagrees. Tell an atheist god does exist and they'll say, "give me evidence and I'll believe you."
Well, for me, I believe because I've had things happen and seen things that have happened that science or any human could explain. I respect science, it has furthered us as a species, for good and bad. As has religion, but not because of the belief, but because of how people take it and twist it for themselves.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:58 pm

FutureShadow202 | 3567 The Pig Roaster

avatar
Also remember, religion isnt ignorant, its followers can be though. I know this, seeing many people who use religion for their own benefit, or to make themselves look good.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Knadan | 4288 Community Commissar

avatar
FutureShadow202 wrote:Also remember, religion isnt ignorant, its followers can be though. I know this, seeing many people who use religion for their own benefit, or to make themselves look good.
No disagreement there, I fully agree on that point.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:04 pm



The Commissar will see you now....

Legal | 5528 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
FutureShadow202 wrote:Also remember, religion isnt ignorant, its followers can be though. I know this, seeing many people who use religion for their own benefit, or to make themselves look good.
I think when it comes down to almost anything, it's the person and not the beliefs.
People kill people. People help people. Regardless of beliefs or ideas, we can all be good or we can all be bad.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 pm



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

Legal | 5528 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
I'm glad we all atleast agree on something if not everything.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:06 pm



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

Knadan | 4288 Community Commissar

avatar
Legal wrote:I'm glad we all atleast agree on something if not everything.
(shrug) That's the most likely thing we would agree on.  Personally, regardless of whether me and another person technically have the same faith, if they're a jerk, I'm going to view them as a jerk, regardless of whatever their religious beliefs are.



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:09 pm



The Commissar will see you now....

Legal | 5528 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
Knadan wrote:
Legal wrote:I'm glad we all atleast agree on something if not everything.
(shrug) That's the most likely thing we would agree on.  Personally, regardless of whether me and another person technically have the same faith, if they're a jerk, I'm going to view them as a jerk, regardless of whatever they're religious beliefs are.
And on that note,

I HEREBY DECLARE THIS DEBATE OVER.
IF YOU WISH TO CONTINUE, MAKE A NEW THREAD EXPRESSING YOUR DESIRE TO DO SO



on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:11 pm



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

Sponsored content |




View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum