Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Call Of Duty the anti-Christ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

IDredMan | 4558 I am the one who rings the doorbell!

avatar
Think about it.
Call of Duty was an okay franchise, still not too big and not too small.
Then it instantly became super popular and was at the top of the video game sales.
That was for 7 years.
Now magically, this year, the 7th year, it's getting it's ass kicked by everyone and their -Cheesecake!- mother.
GTAV (Really kicking it off the throne)
Battlefield 4 (I think like ...Jony doesn't like it because he doesn't like BF3 ...Because of the campaign. Yes, he dislikes a BF because of it's campaign.)
And ...Other crap I don't care enough to care.



on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:56 am

Mad Mike | 4067 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
Well I do think the gaming industry is going to crash. Developers just don't give a crap anymore, everything has as little effort as possible put into it. This is mostly because of pushed production times. Just look at mass effect 3.

The previous games where widely considered as the best games ever, then with the third game they decided to -Cheesecake!- their fans to get new ones. Introducing retarded -Cheesecake!- like "action mode" and giving it more auto-dialouge. And then there's the ending...

There is no hearth put into games, and if there is wasted with low production times.

I would say that EA, Activision and Microsoft etc are the anti-gamers



on Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 am

SlashedTortoise | 4199 Teh Maps? I Make!

avatar
game industry will never crash aslong as they keep moving on which there doing, and yeah cod is pretty much dead,
Cod you can now blow up signs and block of path ways.
Battlefield you can now bring down a skyscraper and change the map!
cod is dead pretty much, people will still play it cos it is dead but there just getting worse and worse each year and thats because they bring one out each year and then it doesnt last the whole year even with a map pack every month! it just cant keep up, GTA 5 ive heard is brilliant and it looks brilliant (im not getting it unless it comes out on xbox one) but yeah no cod was the top game everyone looking forward to it but now theres battlefield, Halo, GTA, Titanfall and others so instead of one game theres loads!



on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Mad Mike | 4067 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
SlashedTortoise wrote:game industry will never crash aslong as they keep moving on which there doing, and yeah cod is pretty much dead,
Cod you can now blow up signs and block of path ways.
Battlefield you can now bring down a skyscraper and change the map!
cod is dead pretty much, people will still play it cos it is dead but there just getting worse and worse each year and thats because they bring one out each year and then it doesnt last the whole year even with a map pack every month! it just cant keep up, GTA 5 ive heard is brilliant and it looks brilliant (im not getting it unless it comes out on xbox one) but yeah no cod was the top game everyone looking forward to it but now theres battlefield, Halo, GTA, Titanfall and others so instead of one game theres loads!
The thing is that every game is becoming COD. Production times are getting lower for every game! There are VERY few games out there where you can actually tell that people have put alot of heart into.
I'm not talking about good games, I'm talking about games with heart.

Take Bioshock for instance, it was a pretty bad game when it came to graphics and gunplay. But the story in it was incredible and effected me in so many ways.

All we see now is these big budget games that looks amazing and are pretty fun, but there's no love...



on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:31 pm

camycamera | 4194 Legendary Member

avatar
Mad Mike wrote:
SlashedTortoise wrote:game industry will never crash aslong as they keep moving on which there doing, and yeah cod is pretty much dead,
Cod you can now blow up signs and block of path ways.
Battlefield you can now bring down a skyscraper and change the map!
cod is dead pretty much, people will still play it cos it is dead but there just getting worse and worse each year and thats because they bring one out each year and then it doesnt last the whole year even with a map pack every month! it just cant keep up, GTA 5 ive heard is brilliant and it looks brilliant (im not getting it unless it comes out on xbox one) but yeah no cod was the top game everyone looking forward to it but now theres battlefield, Halo, GTA, Titanfall and others so instead of one game theres loads!
The thing is that every game is becoming COD. Production times are getting lower for every game! There are VERY few games out there where you can actually tell that people have put alot of heart into.
I'm not talking about good games, I'm talking about games with heart.

Take Bioshock for instance, it was a pretty bad game when it came to graphics and gunplay. But the story in it was incredible and effected me in so many ways.

All we see now is these big budget games that looks amazing and are pretty fun, but there's no love...
actually, Bioshock 1 was praised for its graphics, but yeah the gunplay sucked, i didn't really like the game that much tbh, apart from the story.

and Dred, personally i dont think GTAV outselling CoD means a damn thing. first of all, they are completely different games, and people are going to buy the next CoD game anyway, and it will sell lots, but probably not as much as GTAV because GTA is the most recognisable franchise in gaming.

all GTAV did was break records for most money made in a couple of days, and most expensive game ever made. it isn't the godsend "A GAME HAS FINALLY OUTSOLD COD OMFG THAT MEANS THAT COD IS DEAD NOW" that EVERYONE makes it out to be.

now, on the issue of the gaming crash, there are still a few devs that give a damn about making good games that aren't re-hashes (Valve for instance) and actually take their damn time to make something great, instead of trying to make as much money as possible by rushing development and dumbing down the game as much as possible to reach a wider audience, just like EA did with ME3.

but the thing with ME3 was that Bioware actually cared about making a good game, but EA rushed development of that game because they wanted money quick, so Bioware had to scrap the original ending of ME3, and Bioware was left with hardly any employees to continue on with ME3, tight on budget, and with only ONE month to do the ending.
so don't blame the god damn developers all the time, blame the ones who caused it, and in this case, it was EA.

anyway, about that gaming crash. if the rate in which we are going where we are getting games that are pretty much the same (i played the beta folks, BF4 is pretty much the same as BF3, with a little better graphics, a few new tweaks here and there, and no ugly blue tint), where they are dumbed down as much as possible, it will eventually crash.

it wont happen suddenly. right now, games like that (CoD) are still making billions, but later, when their fanbases grow up and realise that they have been buying the same crap every year, they will just stop buying it. i have overheard huge fans of FIFA who used to buy FIFA every year say "not going to buy FIFA14 now, because it is pretty much the same, and i have all i want with FIFA13" and stuff along those lines.

if it does crash, obviously be prepared for a lack of games to look foward to, especially AAA ones. i think that indies will pull us out of the ditch, then they will rise to AAA developers, because of the popularity they would gain. then we will live in the glory days of good games once again.


that's not to say that this generation is not so bad. hopefully some things will happen that will scare publishers and developers that will scare them, and make quality titles that aren't rushed, dumbed down and made for the dime.



on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:08 am

Mad Mike | 4067 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
True, Valve is amazing. They still provide good quality games.

I know ME3 was mostly EA's fault, but Bioware handled everything so badly...

Casey Hudson giving us a bunch of BS on artistic integrity, and the extended cut was made with as little effort as possible... a slide show and a new ending that ends with "DIDN'T LIKE OUR ENDINGS? F*** YOU, YOU LOOSE!" and then there's a 10 second clip..

(They even had the indoctrination theory which fans would have loved to be official, but NO!)

Even if they did care at some level, they are only puppets for EA. Dumbing down the game, auto-dialouge, action mode... Shame on you Bioware!


Yeah, the game companies are still making millions, but their stocks are only going down, not up... :/



on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:40 am

Pandora's Box | 4308 Grammatical Wizard

avatar
If we're talking about companies that take their time and put their soul into making games I'll drop this name:

Blizzard

It took them over a decade to drop SC2 and the Starcraft series has and always will be one of my favorite. The story and universe is very interesting and well thought out



on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Knadan | 4060 Community Commissar

avatar
Wrong section.
(Bump!)



on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:03 pm



The Commissar will see you now....

Legal | 5300 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
Knadan wrote:Wrong section.
(Bump!)
<3 Good work.



on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:21 pm



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

mini0013xx | 4167 Undaunted Member

avatar
Misinformation. Anti-Christ does good for 3 and 1/2 years, and then for the next 3 and 1/2 years, he totally screws everything up.

Either way, CoD became a hit after 4 years.



on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:25 pm

IDredMan | 4558 I am the one who rings the doorbell!

avatar
mini0013xx wrote:Misinformation. Anti-Christ does good for 3 and 1/2 years, and then for the next 3 and 1/2 years, he totally screws everything up.

Either way, CoD became a hit after 4 years.
I'm only talking about the years of massive success of CoD. And what you're saying backs that up.
It did amazing, and now it's going down.
MW3 received a lot of hate even from the CoD community, heck, I didn't even recognize MW2 and MW3 as 2 different games.
BO2 was a step in the right direction, but it was 2 years too late, got hit pretty hard by lots of backlash.
And now CoD Ghosts is shaping up to be the least hyped CoD ever, if you compare the numbers.



on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:04 am

mini0013xx | 4167 Undaunted Member

avatar
IDredMan wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:Misinformation. Anti-Christ does good for 3 and 1/2 years, and then for the next 3 and 1/2 years, he totally screws everything up.

Either way, CoD became a hit after 4 years.
I'm only talking about the years of massive success of CoD. And what you're saying backs that up.
It did amazing, and now it's going down.
MW3 received a lot of hate even from the CoD community, heck, I didn't even recognize MW2 and MW3 as 2 different games.
BO2 was a step in the right direction, but it was 2 years too late, got hit pretty hard by lots of backlash.
And now CoD Ghosts is shaping up to be the least hyped CoD ever, if you compare the numbers.
Check your dates my friend. 2003 - 2006 The 4 years Cod games weren't all that popular.
2007-2010 The 4 years where Cod was popular, and indeed amazingly good to go with it. Maybe not like the classic 2003-2006 games, but some of these games (specifically MW1 and WaW) will be considered classics.
2011-2012 The 2 games released were meh at best. MW3's multiplayer was a bit blah, as well as it's survival mode. It's campaign was an okay campaign. BO2's was a bit... boring though. In any case, these games aren't going to be remembered very well.

Now, take a look at the dates. 4 years of quiet, 4 years of glory, 2 years of decline.

Your time scales are off. 4 years is not 3 and a half. Get your facts straight.

Furthermore, I didn't see it unify the entire world to play it and only it, now did I? Also, I don't see a CoD one world government, so yeah. Nuff said there. Get yo facts straight niglet.



on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:49 am

Mad Mike | 4067 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
mini0013xx wrote:
Furthermore, I didn't see it unify the entire world to play it and only it, now did I? Also, I don't see a CoD one world government, so yeah. Nuff said there. Get yo facts straight niglet.
To be fair I think Dred meant the anti-christ of the gaming world :PBut yeah not all gamers like it, obviously. 4 years is pretty damn close to 3 years, so he almost had it right.

But yeah, if anyone is gonna bring down gaming, it's those greddy publishers..



on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Sponsored content |




View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | Games | Action | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum