Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Keep Communicating - 7/10/2012

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Noble

avatar
Thus I Refute Thee
I'd like to start off this announcement by apologizing for all the turbulence that was caused by us in attempting to move the site to a new host (which we ended up not doing). To make up for the lack of game progress updates I've been spending that last couple of days working diligently on the BVG Studios site to overhaul the forum design and give it a Bungie inspired theme. I'm very pleased to announce that majority of the forum design is complete and there are a few kinks that will be worked out over the next couple of days. Many of you have noticed most of the new features and are already jumping out of your seat to find out more.

'But Noble, what do I get for spending time here on the BVG Studios forums?' Great question! Members can now qualify for ranks within the site. These are based on a secret formula that calculates -Cheesecake- and also -Cheesecake- to place you within a qualifying rank, simply speaking, playing an active role here on the site is sure to progress you smoothly up the ladder through our community. Members with higher rankings are placed first for alpha, beta, and even early access to Galaxy of Combat. Even if Dev Members are not constantly posting on the site we are always looking at suggestions from the community to create a Halo themed game that was made by the fans, for the fans.

The current ranks are based lowest to highest.
-Member
-Enshrined Member
-Champion Member

There are 3 others that will be seen as users progress Wink
Moderators are marked with a blue title bar that has an outline around it. Dev team members have gold title bars that can say various things, such as Thus I Refute Thee.

Prefixes have also been added to the forums. These will appear before a user's rank and are assigned by Dev team members themselves for outstanding members of the community. Consider yourself very lucky to receive one of these.

-Honorable
-Triumphant
-Noble

Update images will also appear to the side of the first post on every thread, as you can see to the right of this post.

Until our next update, community keep communicating! It'll be worth your effort.



Last edited by Noble on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

I looked around and didn't find anything but we need an indicator for how close we are to the next rank.

well everyone thought it was the amount of posts until you went up a rank but it aparently it isnt that :S so no one knows now Razz but i think it is still
300- heroic
600- enshrined
1000- legendary

Post on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:07 am  Guest

Well then, I suppose the answer is in the cake, or in this case......le cheesecake!

avatar

Post on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:19 am  Jony

If anyone is confused about this thing, Noble did some Jquary coding to forums, and Prefixes(Illustrious,Honorable..) Are now added automatically to player rank, he didn't tell why it randomly adds it, maybe activity or something?

Yeah I think do but then again I'm on here as much as you are jony and so are others so I dunno

I'm a forthright member Very Happy

001 Contrite Mediation wrote:I'm a forthright member Very Happy
As am I, Brother.

avatar

Post on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:45 am  A10spartanap117

Halo where you can do anything? Thats badass pluss cryengine this will be one the most successful game ever!

avatar

Post on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:04 am  Rex

A10spartanap117 wrote:Halo where you can do anything? Thats badass pluss cryengine this will be one the most successful game ever!

Honorable. Beat That.

avatar

Post on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:16 am  Jony

A10spartanap117 wrote:Halo where you can do anything? Thats badass pluss cryengine this will be one the most successful game ever!

This is not MMORPG, this is MMOFPS, so no roleplaying= You can't do everything.

Jony wrote:
A10spartanap117 wrote:Halo where you can do anything? Thats badass pluss cryengine this will be one the most successful game ever!

This is not MMORPG, this is MMOFPS, so no roleplaying= You can't do everything.
That would be awesome if we could though.

CPL Rex wrote:
A10spartanap117 wrote:Halo where you can do anything? Thats badass pluss cryengine this will be one the most successful game ever!

Honorable. Beat That.
I think you quoted the wrong post...

001 Contrite Mediation wrote:I'm a forthright member Very Happy

SAME, i dont know how long for but ive just noticed Razz WE IS AWSOME ;P

Whats better Honorable or Forthright? Well i guess they're special in their own way lol

avatar

Post on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:54 pm  Jony

I believe Honorable is better, but does it really matter? lol

It surely does, because I will stay as number 1, for ever. ;D

Jony wrote:I believe Honorable is better, but does it really matter? lol

It surely does, because I will stay as number 1, for ever. ;D
How the hell are you Illustrious? Well known, respected and admired? Yeaaaah.. suree... Wink

avatar

Post on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:03 pm  Jony

I'm famous,well respected, and amazing ;D

Jony wrote:I'm famous,well respected, and amazing ;D
Sure you are Smile Just kidding XD You do have like 1500 posts o-o

avatar

Post on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm  Jony

Remember, prefix points are not earned only with posting.

I don't have 1500 posts yet, probably like 1450 or something.

I will get new rank soon.

Jony wrote:Remember, prefix points are not earned only with posting.

I don't have 1500 posts yet, probably like 1450 or something.

I will get new rank soon.
Yeah but I mean when you say well respected and famous. You're famous for having SO many posts and every knows you. So they gave you that prefix.

Im trying to be as active as possible at the moment. Im gonna try and get up to Legendary. Im probably like 500 off... no idea though D:

I think we should be able to see how many posts we have done :C

avatar

Post on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:17 pm  Jony

Moderator position sucks. Why?

Because, Swanton said:

"You are not allowed to talk with community"

"Don't be active"

Only because "Most forums" have this thing. Uhh, what? I would like to hear some of those forums.

Bungie
RS
TNB
Waypoint

All those forums have ACTIVE moderators.

Jony wrote:Moderator position sucks. Why?

Because, Swanton said:

"You are not allowed to talk with community"

"Don't be active"

Only because "Most forums" have this thing. Uhh, what? I would like to hear some of those forums.

Bungie
RS
TNB
Waypoint

All those forums have ACTIVE moderators.
I wanted to be a moderator but i think I prefer being a regular part of the community because of the ranks and stuff.

Legal wrote:Im trying to be as active as possible at the moment. Im gonna try and get up to Legendary. Im probably like 500 off... no idea though D:


same though whenever i want to post something i notice that someone else has already posted something saying that same thing so it's kinda hard to post stuff and when theres nothing that hasnt already been said

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com