Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Keep Communicating - 7/10/2012

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Noble

avatar
Thus I Refute Thee
I'd like to start off this announcement by apologizing for all the turbulence that was caused by us in attempting to move the site to a new host (which we ended up not doing). To make up for the lack of game progress updates I've been spending that last couple of days working diligently on the BVG Studios site to overhaul the forum design and give it a Bungie inspired theme. I'm very pleased to announce that majority of the forum design is complete and there are a few kinks that will be worked out over the next couple of days. Many of you have noticed most of the new features and are already jumping out of your seat to find out more.

'But Noble, what do I get for spending time here on the BVG Studios forums?' Great question! Members can now qualify for ranks within the site. These are based on a secret formula that calculates -Cheesecake- and also -Cheesecake- to place you within a qualifying rank, simply speaking, playing an active role here on the site is sure to progress you smoothly up the ladder through our community. Members with higher rankings are placed first for alpha, beta, and even early access to Galaxy of Combat. Even if Dev Members are not constantly posting on the site we are always looking at suggestions from the community to create a Halo themed game that was made by the fans, for the fans.

The current ranks are based lowest to highest.
-Member
-Enshrined Member
-Champion Member

There are 3 others that will be seen as users progress Wink
Moderators are marked with a blue title bar that has an outline around it. Dev team members have gold title bars that can say various things, such as Thus I Refute Thee.

Prefixes have also been added to the forums. These will appear before a user's rank and are assigned by Dev team members themselves for outstanding members of the community. Consider yourself very lucky to receive one of these.

-Honorable
-Triumphant
-Noble

Update images will also appear to the side of the first post on every thread, as you can see to the right of this post.

Until our next update, community keep communicating! It'll be worth your effort.



Last edited by Noble on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

The Alpha most likely won't be for a while still.

avatar

Post on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:26 am  Retro

mini0013xx wrote:I wonder what rank I am...

Aww, just member? Lame...

i'm just a member too :3

can a dev or admin or someone tell me where i come in the rankings, cos im not on the ranking list on this update thing but you also said there 3 that we have to find out for our selfs :S what do i mean to you :S

avatar

Post on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:29 am  Jony

SlashedTortoise wrote:can a dev or admin or someone tell me where i come in the rankings, cos im not on the ranking list on this update thing but you also said there 3 that we have to find out for our selfs :S what do i mean to you :S

Well, Anto have 282 posts, and you have like 270, so you are probably like 11th top poster. lol

SlashedTortoise wrote:can a dev or admin or someone tell me where i come in the rankings, cos im not on the ranking list on this update thing but you also said there 3 that we have to find out for our selfs :S what do i mean to you :S
Actually, Noble added in at least one new rank; "Heroic". I believe it is right below "Enshrined".

Post on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:08 pm  Guest

Greetings!

202 FutureShadow wrote:Greetings!

Welcome to the forum! There is already a monitor here called 001 Contrite Mediation actually! But I'm sure you will get along well Smile



Last edited by Mad Mike on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jony wrote:
SlashedTortoise wrote:can a dev or admin or someone tell me where i come in the rankings, cos im not on the ranking list on this update thing but you also said there 3 that we have to find out for our selfs :S what do i mean to you :S

Well, Anto have 282 posts, and you have like 270, so you are probably like 11th top poster. lol

oh realy thas not bad Razz haha

SlashedTortoise wrote:
Jony wrote:Well, Anto have 282 posts, and you have like 270, so you are probably like 11th top poster. lol

oh realy thas not bad Razz haha
Close guess Jony! He's actually 10th. lol

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
SlashedTortoise wrote:
Jony wrote:Well, Anto have 282 posts, and you have like 270, so you are probably like 11th top poster. lol

oh realy thas not bad Razz haha
Close guess Jony! He's actually 10th. lol

wait whos 10th and where am i??
im gonna predict 17th?!?!

SlashedTortoise wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Close guess Jony! He's actually 10th. lol

wait whos 10th and where am i??
im gonna predict 17th?!?!
I meant you were 10th. Congrats!

202 FutureShadow wrote:Greetings!
Greetings! I am 001 Contrite Mediation, the monitor of Installation 01 of the Halo Array. How very glad I am to finally have contact with another monitor!

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
SlashedTortoise wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Close guess Jony! He's actually 10th. lol

wait whos 10th and where am i??
im gonna predict 17th?!?!
I meant you were 10th. Congrats!

SAY WHAAAAA?!?!?!? i feel ultra special now Very Happy haha

avatar

Post on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 pm  Jony

SlashedTortoise wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
SlashedTortoise wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Close guess Jony! He's actually 10th. lol

wait whos 10th and where am i??
im gonna predict 17th?!?!
I meant you were 10th. Congrats!

SAY WHAAAAA?!?!?!? i feel ultra special now Very Happy haha

Gratz!

Jony wrote:
SlashedTortoise wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
SlashedTortoise wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Close guess Jony! He's actually 10th. lol

wait whos 10th and where am i??
im gonna predict 17th?!?!
I meant you were 10th. Congrats!

SAY WHAAAAA?!?!?!? i feel ultra special now Very Happy haha

Gratz!

cheers good things do come to those who wait... or post alot Razz

Oh goodness, I've been gone too long. Now its going to be dang hard to get into the alpha test... Well. Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing in the next days.

avatar

Post on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:15 am  Jony

kongumaster wrote:Oh goodness, I've been gone too long. Now its going to be dang hard to get into the alpha test... Well. Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing in the next days.

You just need like 300 posts.

Jony wrote:
kongumaster wrote:Oh goodness, I've been gone too long. Now its going to be dang hard to get into the alpha test... Well. Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing in the next days.

You just need like 300 posts.

Seriously? Well this is going to be hard....

avatar

Post on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:44 am  Jony

kongumaster wrote:
Jony wrote:
kongumaster wrote:Oh goodness, I've been gone too long. Now its going to be dang hard to get into the alpha test... Well. Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing in the next days.

You just need like 300 posts.

Seriously? Well this is going to be hard....

Lol, I have almost 1000, it's not that hard, just post every day. And if you are not living in US, I suggest you post during evening or night, most of people are from US, so that means, it's day for them, so they post during that time.

Jony wrote:
kongumaster wrote:
Jony wrote:
kongumaster wrote:Oh goodness, I've been gone too long. Now its going to be dang hard to get into the alpha test... Well. Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing in the next days.

You just need like 300 posts.

Seriously? Well this is going to be hard....

Lol, I have almost 1000, it's not that hard, just post every day. And if you are not living in US, I suggest you post during evening or night, most of people are from US, so that means, it's day for them, so they post during that time.

1000 Surprised im way off i reckon im on 350 Razz anyway im in UK and im 10th Very Happy so ya know but i do post at night sometimes if im not too tired and i havent got work... which i always so i hardly ever go on at night Razz

avatar

Post on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:07 pm  Jony

SlashedTortoise wrote:


Yeah, UK and Finland have almost same time zone. SO it's good idea to post at night.

Jony wrote:
kongumaster wrote:
Jony wrote:
kongumaster wrote:Oh goodness, I've been gone too long. Now its going to be dang hard to get into the alpha test... Well. Looks like I know what I'm going to be doing in the next days.

You just need like 300 posts.

Seriously? Well this is going to be hard....

Lol, I have almost 1000, it's not that hard, just post every day. And if you are not living in US, I suggest you post during evening or night, most of people are from US, so that means, it's day for them, so they post during that time.

I probably only have like 20 posts. I'll have to check.

avatar

Post on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:39 pm  Jony

Tarson wrote:

I probably only have like 20 posts. I'll have to check.

http://www.bvgstudios.net/portal

Go to right on site, you can check cool stuff! Like post counts etc

Jony wrote:
Tarson wrote:

I probably only have like 20 posts. I'll have to check.

http://www.bvgstudios.net/portal

Go to right on site, you can check cool stuff! Like post counts etc

I checked. This is my 61st post. Got a ways to go.

avatar

Post on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:47 pm  Jony

Tarson wrote:
Jony wrote:
Tarson wrote:

I probably only have like 20 posts. I'll have to check.

http://www.bvgstudios.net/portal

Go to right on site, you can check cool stuff! Like post counts etc

I checked. This is my 61st post. Got a ways to go.

Well, keep posting every day! And btw, just go to your profile, easier to check that way.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum