Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Viking village names for minecraft.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CWO4anthony321123 | 4633 Legendary Member

avatar
I was thinking of names to call my minecraft Nordic villages. The easiest way I could think of was to translate something that sounded cool into German. What do you think of the names?

English:

House iron mace/ Iron mace.

Mead sun.

Armor bane.

House wine road/ Wine road.

German translations:

Haus Eisenkeule. Eisen Keule.

Mead Sonne.

Rüstung Fluch.

Hauswein Straße. Weinstraße

Note:

Ws are pronounced "V", and ß is like an "S"

What do you think?



on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:16 pm

Legal | 5534 Viva La Sovereign

avatar
I like the German but vikings werent German were they?



on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:51 pm



My Gamertag: Legaaal
My Team: Sigma 7

Youtube Channel

Clan Website

Mad Mike | 4301 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
Dude, wtf you use German for a Viking village???

Just tell me a cool name and I'll come up with a cool translation in Swedish Razz



on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:53 pm

CWO4anthony321123 | 4633 Legendary Member

avatar
Here it is in Swedish. Doesn't sound nearly as cool though.Sad 

Hus järn muskotblomma / Iron muskotblomma.

Mead solen.

Armor Bane.

Husets vin road / vin väg.



on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:07 pm

camycamera | 4428 Legendary Member

avatar
Valhalla?



on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Mad Mike | 4301 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Here it is in Swedish. Doesn't sound nearly as cool though.Sad 

Hus järn muskotblomma / Iron muskotblomma.

Mead solen.

Armor Bane.

Husets vin road / vin väg.
Those translations are completely wrong, both in grammar and in the actual words. You can't trust google translate Razz

Hold on, I'll try to translate it for you in a way that makes it sound cool



on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Mad Mike | 4301 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
Iron Mace = Järn stridsklubba (what you said would be a nutmeg flower... not very cool at all lol) Razz

Mead Sun = Mjöd Sol ("solen" would mean THE sun)

Armor Bane = Rustnings Bane

Wine Road = Vin Väg (that is correct)


But those names you had weren't that cool and there's not much else I can do with them. You have any other names?



on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:48 pm

CWO4anthony321123 | 4633 Legendary Member

avatar
Mad Mike wrote:Iron Mace = Järn stridsklubba  (what you said would be a nutmeg flower... not very cool at all lol) Razz

Mead Sun = Mjöd Sol ("solen" would mean THE sun)

Armor Bane = Rustnings Bane

Wine Road = Vin Väg (that is correct)


But those names you had weren't that cool and there's not much else I can do with them. You have any other names?

:'( Being original is hard.

P.S. nutmeg flower? WTF?



on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:31 pm

001 Contrite Mediation | 4482 The Floaty Green Dude

avatar
Whiterun. Now that's a cool name for a viking village Razz



on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:15 am

CWO4anthony321123 | 4633 Legendary Member

avatar
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:Whiterun. Now that's a cool name for a viking village Razz
Something NOT already taken by other places.



on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:23 am

Mad Mike | 4301 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
P.S. nutmeg flower? WTF?
You have to remember that there are synonyms and stuff that can really mess up translations. The only way to get accurate translations is through a good old dictionary book Razz

I'll try to come up with some name that could sound good, but it's hard because the way you Americans pronounce Swedish makes everything sound retarded Razz I will try to find something that sounds good in English



on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Mad Mike | 4301 Gwendolyn's Minion

avatar
This is just at the top of my head:

Black Valley = Svartdal
Warrior Valley = Krigardal

Holmgard (holm means holme)
You could also use Halmgård but I think that's a real city...

Northern Kingdom = Nordarike

Sword Town = Svärdtorp
Axe Town = Yxtorp

Battle Village = Slagby
Warrior Village = Krigarby


This is variations of how real viking and Swedish towns/villages usually sound like. Like any of these?



on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:32 pm

CWO4anthony321123 | 4633 Legendary Member

avatar
Mad Mike wrote:This is just at the top of my head:

Black Valley = Svartdal
Warrior Valley = Krigardal

Holmgard (holm means holme)
You could also use Halmgård but I think that's a real city...

Northern Kingdom = Nordarike

Sword Town = Svärdtorp
Axe Town = Yxtorp

Battle Village = Slagby
Warrior Village = Krigarby


This is variations of how real viking and Swedish towns/villages usually sound like. Like any of these?
Sure. Smile 



on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:15 pm

SilentGamer64 | 4049 Wort! Wort! Wort!

avatar
Geneva?

That's the name of the town right next to mine. Its high school is also my high school's biggest rivals...

Their sports mascot is the Vikings. I'm pretty sure its because of the town name.

Anyways, just a suggestion. Besides, its a lot easier to pronounce than:

Mad Mike wrote:Svartdal
Halmgård
Nordarike
Svärdtorp
Yxtorp
^ How do you even pronounce that last one with the "Y" in it? :/

Edit: Just realized you wanted something original...my bad. lol



on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:49 pm

Sponsored content |




View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Forum create on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum