Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Battlefield 4 disappoints me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Battlefield 4 disappoints me. - Page 2 Empty Mad Mike | 8983 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
Have posted this so many times, but it's just so spot on when it comes to modern game companies...

Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Battlefield 4 disappoints me. - Page 2 Empty camycamera | 9110 Legendary Member

camycamera
Mad Mike wrote:Have posted this so many times, but it's just so spot on when it comes to modern game companies...

oh yeah.....

that ep was hilarious, i miss arby n the chief Sad

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Battlefield 4 disappoints me. - Page 2 Empty Jony | 9627 Admin My Ass

Jony
Legal wrote:
Who buys BF4 for the story?

It's not really about if someone buys it for the story. I didn't buy it for the story, but the campaign is still part of the game and it should affect the overall review.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:27 am

Battlefield 4 disappoints me. - Page 2 Empty mini0013xx | 9083 Undaunted Member

mini0013xx
camycamera wrote:
why can't they go back to the good ol' days? the only companies who still add maps and content for free are Valve and CD Projekt Red.

Maybe it's because the companies that make these games (not too sure about EA, but I know Activision, Microsoft, and many others) are living in a country undergoing recession. Maybe some of these publishing companies didn't play their cards right early on (well, Microsoft did) and totally got screwed over, and are now forced to make games faster and with less quality to stay afloat.

It IS a good marketing strategy, they don't seem to be losing that many buyers from doing this. Just so long as they don't just change the rosters like they did in FIFA, and actually add some new graphics and modes, assets, etc., then it should be fine.

I understand that you want a new game bad, but sometimes you're gonna have to deal with a similar one. I mean, hell, most people were fine when Halo 3 released as pretty much the same thing as Halo 2, what's wrong with the other games doing that too?

Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:17 am

Battlefield 4 disappoints me. - Page 2 Empty Mad Mike | 8983 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
mini0013xx wrote:
camycamera wrote:
why can't they go back to the good ol' days? the only companies who still add maps and content for free are Valve and CD Projekt Red.

Maybe it's because the companies that make these games (not too sure about EA, but I know Activision, Microsoft, and many others) are living in a country undergoing recession. Maybe some of these publishing companies didn't play their cards right early on (well, Microsoft did) and totally got screwed over, and are now forced to make games faster and with less quality to stay afloat.

It IS a good marketing strategy, they don't seem to be losing that many buyers from doing this. Just so long as they don't just change the rosters like they did in FIFA, and actually add some new graphics and modes, assets, etc., then it should be fine.

I understand that you want a new game bad, but sometimes you're gonna have to deal with a similar one. I mean, hell, most people were fine when Halo 3 released as pretty much the same thing as Halo 2, what's wrong with the other games doing that too?

I see your point, but on a side note, I do not think that halo 2= halo 3 at all!

Halo 3 changed things, made things fresh in creative ways. Forge mode alone made it into a completely different game, maybe you didn't play alot of custom games, but it was pretty much where I spent 50% of my time in halo 3. And the gametypes I played were nothing like the traditional halo 2 gameplay.
And they also introduced theater mode, which made things alot easier for machinima makers and was fun for the community.

Gameplay wise, the campaign had alot of epic encounters that we didn't get to do in halo 2, like fighting the scarabs and such. And the equipment did make things more interesting and still managed to keep it completely balanced.

Halo 3 was the right kind of change, it wasn't a copy/paste and it didn't change the core of the game either (like halo 4 did). Halo needs to evolve, not change, and that's where 343 are dropping the ball...

Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:49 am

Battlefield 4 disappoints me. - Page 2 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com