Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Daily Story Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 12]

Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Empty Legal | 10174 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
I should be able to sort you out with a title if you want... and I thought there was a page about Justin?

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Legal
Looks like someone, probably Dred, deleted a page of the wiki. Luckily i've restored that page lol

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:24 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Empty Knadan | 8934 Community Commissar

Knadan
Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Jackie_chan_meme
Why do people make two posts when they can just edit the other stuff into the first post??

Legal wrote:Looks like someone, probably Dred, deleted a page of the wiki. Luckily i've restored that page lol
Uhh, Legal...
Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Uhh_11

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Empty lordpyromon | 9121 Friendly Dragon Slayer

lordpyromon
Legal wrote:I should be able to sort you out with a title if you want...
If you could change my title to "Your Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Slayer" that would be cool.

Last edited by lordpyromon on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:57 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Empty Mad Mike | 8941 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
Knadan wrote:Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Jackie_chan_meme
Why do people make two posts when they can just edit the other stuff into the first post??

Takes too much skillz. Only for us pros. (although the old "multi-quote" option would make it a lot faster...)

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:31 pm

Legal
Knadan wrote:
Uhh, Legal...

Sorted http://bvg.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_BVG

lordpyromon wrote:
Legal wrote:I should be able to sort you out with a title if you want...
If you could change my title to "Your Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Slayer" that would be cool.
Thats the best I could do... But I'm not sure why the 'Palatial' won't disappear o_o it's not even saved as a rank in the database... weird.

EDIT: nevermind... sorted it. Only problem is that everyone who was a palatial member has had their rank removed Wink If anyone has a complaint. I'll give you a personal rank. Also, 'Your friendly neighbourhood dragon slayer' was too long sorry ;(

EDIT Part 2: I changed your rank cuz i got bored ahahahah, if you don't like it. I will change it back <3

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:04 am

lordpyromon
Legal wrote:
Knadan wrote:
Uhh, Legal...

Sorted http://bvg.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_BVG

lordpyromon wrote:
Thats the best I could do... But I'm not sure why the 'Palatial' won't disappear o_o it's not even saved as a rank in the database... weird.

EDIT: nevermind... sorted it. Only problem is that everyone who was a palatial member has had their rank removed Wink If anyone has a complaint. I'll give you a personal rank. Also, 'Your friendly neighbourhood dragon slayer' was too long sorry ;(

EDIT Part 2: I changed your rank cuz i got bored ahahahah, if you don't like it. I will change it back <3
Well you could shorten it to just "Dragon slayer" and that would be fine as well.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:38 am

Legal
lordpyromon wrote:
Well you could shorten it to just "Dragon slayer" and that would be fine as well.
Are you sure you don't like your current rank? Wink

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:46 am

lordpyromon
Legal wrote:
lordpyromon wrote:
How about you make me a moderator and we call it even. Razz

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:41 pm

Knadan
Legal wrote:
Knadan wrote:
Uhh, Legal...
Sorted
Yup, looks good on my end.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Legal
lordpyromon wrote:
Legal wrote:
lordpyromon wrote:
How about you make me a moderator and we call it even. Razz
I think I'll just keep my hands off your pancakes <3

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:29 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Empty CWO4anthony321123 | 9273 Legendary Member

CWO4anthony321123
I feel like writing a book... about vampires... that may or may not be the descendants of angels sent to Earth to test the faith of the people, and whether they put the word of the church over the word of God. I don't know why, being an Atheist and all, but I just struck inspiration about this concept last night and am thinking about how that would go.

What do you guys think?

Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:52 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Empty Dr_EvilOranges | 6883 Member

Dr_EvilOranges
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:about vampires... that may or may not be the descendants of angels
That sounds like the start of a cheesy vampire romance, angels and vampires in my mind aren't the two to be related. All stories depend on their plot points,and you haven't given us any, So none of us can pass any desired sagacious judgement or even really much more than opinions.

On the topic of atheism and books, I've always thought about "what if I wrote a book that sympathizes a misjudged god that obviously carries pro-satanist hints?" It'd basically be a book about Satan trying to show he's a great guy and was wrongly punished for giving humanity a brain to think with, and rebelling against the christian god in the bible was him trying to remove another more powerful angel from power, sorta like in the His Dark Materials series (for which of you who don't know is the series "The Golden Compass" is associated with if you'd heard of the movie).
I'm an atheist myself, and I don't shy away from saying it rather than trying to make it taboo with agnostic or "spirituallist agnostic."

P.S. When I like to fantasize about Vampires, I don't really associate much with religion origin rather than having a vampyric religion, I think it's a really cool idea that they would be a split in evolution unable to synthesize blood naturally and have cities where they have humans in ghettos as blood farms. Vampires would follow a religion believing that they were a cursed people (or maybe priviledged fits proud vampire race) who asked for too much but lost the ability to create their own blood which may symbolize something...

Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:37 pm

CWO4anthony321123
Dr_EvilOranges wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:about vampires... that may or may not be the descendants of angels
That sounds like the start of a cheesy vampire romance, angels and vampires in my mind aren't the two to be related. All stories depend on their plot points,and you haven't given us any, So none of us can pass any desired sagacious judgement or even really much more than opinions.

On the topic of atheism and books, I've always thought about "what if I wrote a book that sympathizes a misjudged god that obviously carries pro-satanist hints?" It'd basically be a book about Satan trying to show he's a great guy and was wrongly punished for giving humanity a brain to think with, and rebelling against the christian god in the bible was him trying to remove another more powerful angel from power, sorta like in the His Dark Materials series (for which of you who don't know is the series "The Golden Compass" is associated with if you'd heard of the movie).
I'm an atheist myself, and I don't shy away from saying it rather than trying to make it taboo with agnostic or "spirituallist agnostic."

P.S. When I like to fantasize about Vampires, I don't really associate much with religion origin rather than having a vampyric religion, I think it's a really cool idea that they would be a split in evolution unable to synthesize blood naturally and have cities where they have humans in ghettos as blood farms. Vampires would follow a religion believing that they were a cursed people (or maybe priviledged fits proud vampire race) who asked for too much but lost the ability to create their own blood which may symbolize something...
I think you misunderstood what I meant by "descended". I don't mean "Oh an angel and a vampire loved each other very much...". I meant they were created by them specifically for the purpose of testing the masses of the misguided.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:55 pm

lordpyromon
Dr_EvilOranges wrote:
Funny, that's a lot like a side plot in a story I'm writing but instead of living in a city or ghetto they live in the woods and can substitute human blood from the sap of a mutated breed of tree known as a "blood iron tree" which they also can make weapons out of, the problem with the blood iron tree is that they don't get all the nutrients they need from the sap and they can only get the sap whenever it rains so they have no real choice but to hunt animals and humans most of the time. The really funny thing is that this is coming from a hardcore Baptist (don't worry, I don't fall into all that Westboro BS).

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:19 am

Mad Mike
I really don't like vampires at all. The only time I can stand them is if they're basically like in Van Helsing, just pissed off sadist freaks and minions of Dracula. As long as it inpired by the myths of Vlad Tepes it's ok in my book. For me, giving them "feelings" or "deep motives" is like making zombies relatable (lol imagine a Twillight-like book about a Zombie-human romance... KILL IT WITH FIRE!)

But like Dr_EvilOranges said: vampires, zombies aliens or evil robots or anything like that are just gimmicks. The most important thing is that you have substance and that they fit in with the actual story you're trying to tell. In a book, plot is the most important thing, background is secondary. But to give you an answer I can definitely see your idea being great, it also depends on what kind of atmosphere it has overall.

Just to clarify about what you said, Dr_evilOranges: Satan was not really punished for tempting humanity. Lucifer was basically God's second in command and became mad with power, thinking he should be in charge instead. So good banished him from heaven and let him have his own place were he and his followers could run things the way they want. The short version basically...
Don't wanna be a smart ass, just clarifying incase you got things wrong Smile

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:31 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Empty Dr_EvilOranges | 6883 Member

Dr_EvilOranges
:/ Excuse my mistake, it's been a while since I'd learned anything Christian bible related. I remember the part about Lucifer thinking himself better than the Christian god and his likewise thinking follower angels thinking the same, and both being sent to hell, and that fuels the story idea I had. That Yahweh was a corrupt angel controlling humanity and to quench Lucifer's sentiments he labeled him as an incarnation of evil.

Just to be clear, I am not a satanist and if I ever wrote a small story on this idea I'd substitute names to avoid controversy.

Also on the note of Van Helsing vampires, Vampire-hunters are the coolest thing next to Sapkowski's "witchers."

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Mad Mike
While we're talking about book ideas, I have been taking notes and basically been building up a universe for a sci-fi book I might or might not write some time in the future. I have MANY ideas but I want to tell you specifically about this alien race I've thought of. (I suck at comming up with names, so everything I write here will be pretty abstract. I'll just call the aliens "the Aliens" and such)

They are is essentially refugees who where forced to flee to Earth for a undecided reason. They aren't that scientifically advanced and most of their tech and knowledge was lost once they reached Earth. Their fysiology is the most interesting thing however! They are extremely adaptable since they have a complex genome with several thousand chromosomes. Before a mother lays it's eggs, she will alter the epi-genetics to decide which genes become dominant. This means in theory that they can become anything from somewhat humaniod to bird or fish or insect like creatures. But they usually stick to humanoid like forms, according to their old traditions.

They a very peaceful, intelligent race and value their ancient traditions, every form of the species is treated equally and with mutual respect. However, how much and how acurately they are able to change the abilities and strenght of their offspring is proportionate to how much of a certain substance they have in their body. This substance also make them very aggressive so it is forbidden in their culture to create offspring that would have high amount of it in it's system.

The Aliens were formally accepted and allowed to live on Earth peacefully, but at the same time they were constantly being hunted by human terrorists, mostly because of the high value of that substance on the black market (in it's pure form it gives you incredible strenght but makes you insane basically, drugs man...). Some humans are also experimenting with it to try and find a way to change their own epi-DNA and activate specific genes of adult humans, making genetherapy a possiblility.

So some of the aliens got fed up with the humans hunting them and wanted revenge, so they decided to completely ignore their traditions and create "breeders", which is an Alien form with an extremely high amount of the substance in it's system. This makes it batsh*t crazy but allows it to give birth to REALLY powerful offspring almost equally insane to act as soldiers against the humans. But the more conservative Aliens view these as abominations since they become nothing more than animals (they're still just as intelligent but can only act on instinct and lose most of their sense of moral). Creating mindless war drones completely contradicts their old culture of treating each of their kind equally.

The appearance of these Aliens is very inspired of the Metalheads from Jak and Daxter. The peaceful intelligent ones would look something like this, but less cartoony:
Spoiler:

And the agressive ones bred for combat, created by the other faction,  would look something like these (more realistic though, and many more shapes or sizes):
Spoiler:

After they started attacking humans everything backfired for them and they ended up getting slaghtered by the combined forces of all human miltitary armies. Those who survived went into hidding, the faction who attacked the humans could hide their offspring in the seas, high mountains and other hard to find places. But the peaceful conservative ones (which were not involved in the attacks to begin with) suffered much greater losses. Since the conservatives where not bred for combat and were easier for humans to kill (with most of them being humaniod) they where almost exterminated.

About a hundred years latter, all of Earths nations collapsed and most of the human race died by something completely unrelated to the Aliens (I'm thinking maybe a plauge or something, haven't decided). Now the surviving humans live in a handful of completely new nations scattered all over the world. With most of the Earths surface abandoned, the Aliens were able to re-emerge. Their adaptabilty had allowed them to survive (the plauge?) with minimal losses compared to the humans. The aggressive faction of the Aliens that had attacked humans returned from the mountains and oceans and quickly reproduced to take control of large parts of the planet. By this time, the peaceful conservatives are in a very small minority. (The diffrent factions of the Aliens do not attack eachother).

There are many conspiracies amongst the remaining humans suggesting that the Aliens were responsible for what happened, since everything worked out in their favor. The new human nations are not in direct conflict with the Aliens for now, (since the nations are busy being at war with themselves instead) Humans and most of the Aliens will gladly kill eachother at any chance they get, but are more or less maintaining the status quo when it comes to teritory.

But these Aliens are acually a VERY minor part of the main story, this is all backstory stuff (which should indicate just how much ideas and concepts I have for this universe, too many for just one book!) One of the conservative humanoid Aliens might be a main character, which would be interesting considering the remaining humans being fed with propaganda about them being responsible for the fall of the old civilization (and lots of satire rediculing their reproductive system) But aside from this, they have a very minor part in this universe as I said.

I haven't even said anything about the idiologies of the remaining nations, the complicated wars between them, the everyday life of the people in the nations, the elements of transhumanism, the 1700s enlightenment era philosophy vs the 1800s romantic era philosophy, proxy wars, propaganda and much more I have planned out. If I where to tell you about it all we would have a few more walls of text of this size... didn't mean to write so much, sorry.

Tell me what you think about the idea behind this race, does it sound interesting, is it original (aside from the Metalhead inspired appearence)? Also, please let me know if you have any name ideas for the things I mentioned, I suck at names like I said...

Dr_EvilOranges wrote::/ Excuse my mistake, it's been a while since I'd learned anything Christian bible related. I remember the part about Lucifer thinking himself better than the Christian god and his likewise thinking follower angels thinking the same, and both being sent to hell, and that fuels the story idea I had. That Yahweh was a corrupt angel controlling humanity and to quench Lucifer's sentiments he labeled him as an incarnation of evil.

Just to be clear, I am not a satanist and if I ever wrote a small story on this idea I'd substitute names to avoid controversy.

Also on the note of Van Helsing vampires, Vampire-hunters are the coolest thing next to Sapkowski's "witchers."

Religion is not a very sensitive topic here, we've had a few debates before and everyone usually keeps it cool Smile I'm in the Syriac Orthodox Church (I'm a Syriac/Aramaic living in Sweden by the way) but I don't mind fiction based on the bible at all as long as it's not intentionally trying to provoke, in which case I just take it with a grain of salt or ignore it Smile

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Knadan
Mad Mike wrote:
Dr_EvilOranges wrote::/ Excuse my mistake, it's been a while since I'd learned anything Christian bible related. I remember the part about Lucifer thinking himself better than the Christian god and his likewise thinking follower angels thinking the same, and both being sent to hell, and that fuels the story idea I had. That Yahweh was a corrupt angel controlling humanity and to quench Lucifer's sentiments he labeled him as an incarnation of evil.

Religion is not a very sensitive topic here, we've had a few debates before and everyone usually keeps it cool Smile I'm in the Syriac Orthodox Church (I'm a Syriac/Aramaic living in Sweden by the way) but I don't mind fiction based on the bible at all as long as it's not intentionally trying to provoke, in which case I just take it with a grain of salt or ignore it Smile
Roughly what Mike said; pretty much as long as you're being polite and respectful when talking about another belief, while we may make a correction or politely disagree, we (generally) won't get in your face just 'cause you have a different view.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:21 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Empty Pandora's Box | 9182 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
Knadan wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

Roughly what Mike said; pretty much as long as you're being polite and respectful when talking about another belief, while we may make a correction or politely disagree, we (generally) won't get in your face just 'cause you have a different view.

It's like this forum is a game of EU4 and we all took the Humanist idea group.

Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:13 am

Mad Mike
I just noticed the logo at the top, guess I officially have to stop calling it BVG and start calling it the Bay for now... Also, wtf is up with the "scumbags" section leading to project redacted? XD

In other news, I just discovered the amazing program for Halo Custom Edition called Open Sauce! I don't know how I could ever play that game without it... the standard field of view is so freakin small it gives you a headache. Now I can bring the FoV up to 100 instead of playing the game through a telescope. You can also adjust the weapon models however you want, I've been bringing them to the center of the screen to simulate a ADS style aiming. So much fun Very Happy

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:34 am

Legal
Mad Mike wrote:I just noticed the logo at the top, guess I officially have to stop calling it BVG and start calling it the Bay for now...  Also, wtf is up with the "scumbags" section leading to project redacted? XD
Keep your mouse over the '-Redacted-' Wink

Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:20 am

CWO4anthony321123
I just watched Interstellar. If you haven't watched it, F0CKING WATCH IT!!! It's emotional, it's gripping, it's f0cking scientifically accurate. Ten out of ten. Very Happy WATCH IT!!!

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:18 am

Mad Mike
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:I just watched Interstellar. If you haven't watched it, F0CKING WATCH IT!!! It's emotional, it's gripping, it's f0cking scientifically accurate. Ten out of ten. Very Happy WATCH IT!!!

I wanted to see that, I think we watched the hobbit 3 or something instead though (THAT was a bad movie). I might pick it up now though Wink

Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:03 am

lordpyromon
Mad Mike wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:I just watched Interstellar. If you haven't watched it, F0CKING WATCH IT!!! It's emotional, it's gripping, it's f0cking scientifically accurate. Ten out of ten. Very Happy WATCH IT!!!

I wanted to see that, I think we watched the hobbit 3 or something instead though (THAT was a bad movie). I might pick it up now though Wink
I liked the hobbit movies, some of the changes I thought were necessary for a more modern story. The whole thing with Tauriel and Kili was stupid but at least it added some character. Watch Linkara's review of the Hobbit comics, he basically explains my views the only difference being that I actually like the original book for what it was.

Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 7 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com