Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Daily Story Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Knadan | 4178 Community Commissar

Finally saw Age of Ultron today, I quite liked it myself.

on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:21 pm

The Commissar will see you now....

So yeah:

on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Mad Mike | 4185 Gwendolyn's Minion

I didn't know shirtless Jaws from James Bond was going to be in the Suicide Squad. Too bad the Joker isn't in it though...

Spoiler:
Jokers aside (bad pun inteded), I'm not sure about this one. Don't like what they've done to the characters so far, but on the other hand it's only a first look, not even a trailer. We'll see.

on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:02 am

Pandora's Box | 4426 Grammatical Wizard

Thought I'd leave this epic Halo 5 fan-made trailer here for you guys

on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:23 pm

SirMarty | 2532 Member

My daily story: not having a working computer sucks monkey balls. :/

on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Gen. Eastwood's thoughts on the renaming of the Imperial Guard:

on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:31 pm

Knadan wrote:Gen. Eastwood's thoughts on the renaming of the Imperial Guard:

You're off the case McGarnagle (Clint Eastwood)!

Speaking of which, I was in a book store the other day and noticed that they had an bookshelf full of Warhammer 40k books. Since you're obviously a fan of the series, have you read any of the books? I'm curious on weather they would be good for someone who has little to no knowledge about the games (like me).

on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:14 pm

Mad Mike wrote:
Knadan wrote:Gen. Eastwood's thoughts on the renaming of the Imperial Guard:

You're off the case McGarnagle (Clint Eastwood)!

Speaking of which, I was in a book store the other day and noticed that they had an bookshelf full of Warhammer 40k books. Since you're obviously a fan of the series, have you read any of the books? I'm curious on weather they would be good for someone who has little to no knowledge about the games (like me).
As a matter of fact I have. I have Dan Abnett's "The Founding" which is a collection of works about an Imperial Guard unit dubbed "Guant's Ghosts." Personally I quite liked it, but don't even bother if you're looking for something that isn't war stories.

on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Knadan wrote:but don't even bother if you're looking for something that isn't war stories.

Doesn't that describe the whole W40k universe? Haha, as far as I know the universe is like 100% war

on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:39 am

Dr_EvilOranges | 2127 Member

I was once recommended an omnibus called... Eisenhorn? Also written by Dan Abnett
Haven't gotten around to it yet but I from what I searched it seems to be about an imperial inquisitor, rising and falling through the ranks of the ordos trying to root out corruption.

I heard it was less shooting, stabby space marines and more about political intrigue.

on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:58 am

lordpyromon | 4365 Friendly Dragon Slayer

I want my opinion to be heard!

on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:31 am

Dr_EvilOranges wrote:I was once recommended an omnibus called... Eisenhorn? Also written by Dan Abnett
Haven't gotten around to it yet but I from what I searched it seems to be about an imperial inquisitor, rising and falling through the ranks of the ordos trying to root out corruption.

I heard it was less shooting, stabby space marines and more about political intrigue.

I'll see if I can find that one in the bookstore I was talking about. Might try to read a little bit there and see if I like it or not, then decide if it's worth a buy Smile

on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:12 am

on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:49 pm

Hey boys, I'm back from another short hiatus haha. Who's still active? Or at least conscious?

on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Pandora's Box wrote:Hey boys, I'm back from another short hiatus haha. Who's still active? Or at least conscious?
Yo, I still keep an eye on things, although admittedly there isn't much to be keeping an eye on lately.

on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:09 am

Knadan wrote:Yo, I still keep an eye on things, although admittedly there isn't much to be keeping an eye on lately.

I know what you mean. Life makes it a little hard to visit the site regularly at times, especially when activity is generally low. But I plan on at least checking in more often now

on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:28 am

CWO4anthony321123 | 4517 Legendary Member

Hey, what's that? It's another Minecraft dump!!!

on Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Dr_EvilOranges | 2127 Member

Large minecraft city projects look so empty. I prefer landscaping.

I've taken up CoH2, and I'm really liking what I see. From what I gathered about the negativity around it, it's apparent an offensive p2w business model was set up that not only made the game unfair to players who didn't invest extra cash but also butchered one of the key strategic features that was loved in CoH1.

The balance is enjoyable right now, some balance hiccups though can make the game frustrating. Perfect depiction:

on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:47 pm

CWO4anthony321123 | 4517 Legendary Member

Dr_EvilOranges wrote:Large minecraft city projects look so empty. I prefer landscaping.

I've taken up CoH2, and I'm really liking what I see. From what I gathered about the negativity around it, it's apparent an offensive p2w business model was set up that not only made the game unfair to players who didn't invest extra cash but also butchered one of the key strategic features that was loved in CoH1.

The balance is enjoyable right now, some balance hiccups though can make the game frustrating. Perfect depiction:

I was never a real RTS fan, but I get it. I wish I could see people in my city, but it's just not meant to be. I've been thinking a lot about making a D&D world out of it. I just need to find people who would play it.

on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Looks beautiful, especially with those textures. I'd take part if I had time but school is kind of limiting that. Sad

on Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Pandora's Box wrote:Hey boys, I'm back from another short hiatus haha. Who's still active? Or at least conscious?

I am always watching...

Although school keeps taking all my time and energy, and since I'm mostly using an android pad these days typing stuff is sort of a hassle..

CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Hey, what's that? It's another Minecraft dump!!!

I don't remember minecraft looking that good (never thought I'd say that)! I guess there has been a lot of mods over the years.
Speaking of mods, have any of you played this amazing mod for Halo Custom Edition?

I played this a few months back, but I just realized now that I never mentioned it here. This mod is incredible, I spent atleast 6 hours in just that single map! It really feels like a full game (it did take 3 years to make after all). Infact it's so good that I would rather have them give the rest of the campaign the same treatment than have a fully finished Galaxy of Combat Razz

Unfortunately the mod is a bit demanding specs wise, I have to disable most visual effects to get a smoth 60fps...

on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:02 pm

Wow... That looks sweet. If my computer had a graphics card that was usable I'd give it a go. Maybe when I'm out of school and working I'll get a new computer/upgrades

on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:32 pm

SirMarty | 2532 Member

I'd be way more active and try getting everyone to play Halo if I could. Having no working ethernet port Xbox 360, not having an Xbox One and not having a working PC suck major ****.

on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:34 pm

SirMarty wrote:I'd be way more active and try getting everyone to play Halo if I could. Having no working ethernet port Xbox 360, not having an Xbox One and not having a working PC suck major ****.

Get a cheap laptop if you can, doesn't take much to run Halo CE (unless you wanna play the mods above..) and you can get the game free. I think CE is our best choice to play as a group since everyone doesn't have their xbox anymore. But sucks that you don't have internet :/ hope you get that sorted out soon.

on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:36 pm

SirMarty | 2532 Member

Mad Mike wrote:
SirMarty wrote:I'd be way more active and try getting everyone to play Halo if I could. Having no working ethernet port Xbox 360, not having an Xbox One and not having a working PC suck major ****.

Get a cheap laptop if you can, doesn't take much to run Halo CE (unless you wanna play the mods above..) and you can get the game free. I think CE is our best choice to play as a group since everyone doesn't have their xbox anymore. But sucks that you don't have internet :/ hope you get that sorted out soon.

Oh jeez, not again am I going to put myself through that. There's a laptop I have from like 2008 that I had to share with my sister for around the first 2 years I think, but she eventually got her own. As for this one, it got  more and more crummy until it ended up semi-crashing late last year. Now I refuse to turn it on because I don't wanna lose all my data.

When that crummy laptop became solely mine I pressured my dad to help me get a good gaming PC. I needed it so I could play lots of spec-intensive games on it and have space to hold machinima data on it. What my dad would do is just push it aside many, many times.

I'm guessing he did that so he could tell me what he wanted to in late 2013. In a letter I got he said that I would have to get a job to pay for anything I wanted related to gaming and that really pissed me off. The letter's premise was about something completely different that also pissed me off, but he included that as well and I tore it to shreds and threw it in the garbage. God, I was so mad. Still am tbh.

I actually have purchased copies of CE and Halo 2 Vista. Both work online. And with that being said, how come no one else here has their Xbox anymore? That really sucks. Sad

on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:23 pm

Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Forumotion.com | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum