Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Update 10/6/12

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

20121006

Update 10/6/12

Guest


Guest
Hey community, Swanton007 here.
It’s been a long time since our last update, a really long time. Don’t get use to updates; they won’t be getting any shorter in the time between them. However, throughout this week we will be showing off some models, animations, maybe maps and older content you may have not seen.


The progress

Last time we showed you guys some content was back in early august. We had around 30 members at that time. Now we have almost 60 (If you cant do that math our team size just about doubled). If you look at that in the grand scene of things our team size has almost tripped since our last trailer. We are still in alpha, we are cutting right through alpha like a hot knife though butter, only thing is that butter is about 1 mile long. We hope that we will be able to show you some awesome content in the months to come. However the next trailer we make will not be a boring/non-descriptive one. It will look and play the way GOC is supposed to, and in order to nail that down we will not be making one anytime soon. Sorry, but we really need just solid development time.

On the brighter note

So although some of this content was shown on the forums we would still like to show you in a official update:



This is just a animation our lead animator made for the battle rifle for C:SS. The actual animation will not be used in Galaxy of Combat.

Some random images:




Hey its a bridge? Yes that's a bridge. You don't realize the significance of that bridge do you? Bridge! You still don't get it? Its a bridge, it lets you pass over CANYONS, and VALLEYS, and WATER. Yes that's what a bridge does. Swanton likes bridges, and so does Sam.



Thats a pistol, its a quite cool looking pistol I must say.

And finally for something brand new:

The Cougar



The Cougar was a ground anti air vehicle that got cut from Halo: Wars. It is a single person vehicle with both a auto cannon and a fully automatic Heavy machine gun. It bears slight resemblance to the modern day APC. However as of the human covenant war the Cougar has been primarily used as a single person assault vehicle capable of taking down targets in a short amount of time. Some marines describe it as a cross between a tank and a warthog.

The making of our old trailer

Although the trailer we last showed off is rather outdated now I think that is beneficial to show ya'll the amount of progress we are capable of doing in about a week's time.
Please note the trailer that you all saw was launched on June 24th 2012:





Thats all for now, Dont forget to stay updated to the Events Page for all the latest news and coverage of BVG's Anniversary!

Additonally I'm told that the Galaxy of Combat page just went live, make sure to check it out here!


Thanks for reading, and youll be hearing more from me and the rest of the developers in due time. Cya Then

Swanton Out.


>Disconnecting
>3
>2
>1
>Hes behind you.....

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:25 pm  Jony

Mike, you are only thinking Main soundtrack of Halo 1,2 and 3. Have you ever listened closely to other soundtracks? (Like in level 343 Guilty Spark, Cortana, Library) Those are very similar sounding.

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 pm  Mad Mike

Jony wrote:Mike, you are only thinking Main soundtrack of Halo 1,2 and 3. Have you ever listened closely to other soundtracks? (Like in level 343 Guilty Spark, Cortana, Library) Those are very similar sounding.

Those had a more "horror movie" type of music. Halo 4 sounds nothing like that, it just sounds super dramatic.

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:29 pm  Jony

Oh gawd, Mike, do you know what i'm listening to right now? Those soundtracks from Halo 2 and 3. Go to Youtube and listen, it's similar to some Halo 4 soundtrack...

Edit: This argument, it's fact, that some of Halo 4 soundtrack have some similatiries to old Halo soundtracks, but you are only worried about, when it doesn't have MAIN theme of Halo games.

End of the story.

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:41 pm  Mad Mike

Jony wrote:Oh gawd, Mike, do you know what i'm listening to right now? Those soundtracks from Halo 2 and 3. Go to Youtube and listen, it's similar to some Halo 4 soundtrack...

Edit: This argument, it's fact, that some of Halo 4 soundtrack have some similatiries to old Halo soundtracks, but you are only worried about, when it doesn't have MAIN theme of Halo games.

End of the story.

I've listened to those examples you gave, cortana and library suite. They sound nothing like halo 4!

The choirs in halo 4 are are completely different and sound nothing like a halo choir, mostly because they sing in latin. The feel is way to dramatic rather than epic, mysterious, alien or sad.
Even if they might sound a little like halo for a few seconds it's not close enough...

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:50 pm  Judge Dredd

The music sounds ...Good.

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:25 pm  Jenkins

Very neat. Good job BVG!

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:43 pm  Simply Five

Mad Mike wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing more of your composers awesome music!

In my opinion he is so much better than halo 4's composer. The BVG composer makes amazingly epic songs, and I mean REALLY amazing! And he manages to respect the music style of halo while making it fresh at the same time.
Halo 4's composer failed with that...
I would have to strongly disagree with this statement. I believe Halo: 4's composer has done an excellent job of bringing a new feeling and a new life into the Halo series and at the same time respecting the old theme with throwback elements into the music. Without some change, the music of this game would become stagnant and boring. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the original soundtrack, but i also love this new soundtrack. Quite honestly i believe that this new composer and the old composer are both musical geniuses in their own right.

But on the topic of BVG's composer, he has a style that i personally enjoy more than Marty or Niel (at least from the first song i've heard from him) and i really look forward to hearing more of his work. Well done BVG.

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:50 pm  Legal

All hail Neil Davidge

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:51 pm  001 Contrite Mediation

You should make a covenant trailer! That would be awesome!! Very Happy

avatar

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:59 pm  SilentGamer64

Simply Five wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:I'm looking forward to hearing more of your composers awesome music!

In my opinion he is so much better than halo 4's composer. The BVG composer makes amazingly epic songs, and I mean REALLY amazing! And he manages to respect the music style of halo while making it fresh at the same time.
Halo 4's composer failed with that...
I would have to strongly disagree with this statement. I believe Halo: 4's composer has done an excellent job of bringing a new feeling and a new life into the Halo series and at the same time respecting the old theme with throwback elements into the music. Without some change, the music of this game would become stagnant and boring. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the original soundtrack, but i also love this new soundtrack. Quite honestly i believe that this new composer and the old composer are both musical geniuses in their own right.

But on the topic of BVG's composer, he has a style that i personally enjoy more than Marty or Niel (at least from the first song i've heard from him) and i really look forward to hearing more of his work. Well done BVG.

I respectfully disagree, without Marty's music, Neil would have nothing to inspire the music of halo 4. It's like saying the song "Ice Ice Baby" is more original than "Under Pressure" if you know what I mean.

Besides discrepancies with halo music, the update is fantastic! We are all grateful for the hard work you all put into this game.

Post on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:56 pm  stryking

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 am  Halo Wrexx

AWESOME!!!! What I've been waiting for! Sorry I don't post much recently. I am on a vacation in Mexico and theres very little WiFi :'(

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:48 am  camycamera

great progress guys! and i hope the BR animations are as good, if not better than those CS:S ones, because those animations are AWESOME!

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:04 am  Jony

Simply Five wrote:

I would have to strongly disagree with this statement. I believe Halo: 4's composer has done an excellent job of bringing a new feeling and a new life into the Halo series and at the same time respecting the old theme with throwback elements into the music. Without some change, the music of this game would become stagnant and boring. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the original soundtrack, but i also love this new soundtrack. Quite honestly i believe that this new composer and the old composer are both musical geniuses in their own right.

But on the topic of BVG's composer, he has a style that i personally enjoy more than Marty or Niel (at least from the first song i've heard from him) and i really look forward to hearing more of his work. Well done BVG.

You sir, are amazing.

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:11 am  Jony

SilentGamer64 wrote:

What? That's not point of the thing right now. Neil respects Marty's music and they are good friends, point is, Neil did amazing job bringing a new feeling to game and it's only good thing, because music would get boring.

ODST and Reach had different soundtrack, than Halo 1,2 and 3 had. Marty explained this.

Different music for ODST, was because it was story about, how Rookie was alone in dark city, and he wanted it to have sad feeling.

Different music for Reach, was because he wanted it to have dark and deep music, because Reach had dark fate.

So, you accept Marty's explanation, but when Neil says same thing, you can't accept it? Great logic.

And, Silent, i'm not trying to attack you, but I mean everyone who says music of Halo changed.

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:17 am  Legal

Halo Wrexx wrote:AWESOME!!!! What I've been waiting for! Sorry I don't post much recently. I am on a vacation in Mexico and theres very little WiFi :'(
Good to see you Wrexx!

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:22 am  SilentGamer64

Jony wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

What? That's not point of the thing right now. Neil respects Marty's music and they are good friends, point is, Neil did amazing job bringing a new feeling to game and it's only good thing, because music would get boring.

ODST and Reach had different soundtrack, than Halo 1,2 and 3 had. Marty explained this.

Different music for ODST, was because it was story about, how Rookie was alone in dark city, and he wanted it to have sad feeling.

Different music for Reach, was because he wanted it to have dark and deep music, because Reach had dark fate.

So, you accept Marty's explanation, but when Neil says same thing, you can't accept it? Great logic.

And, Silent, i'm not trying to attack you, but I mean everyone who says music of Halo changed.

I dont feel offended, i have taken much worse critisism than this. Anyhow, halo odst and reach's music changed because they were sidestories, and werent part of the original triglogy. As you have seen, Marty has stayed consistent by keeping the main halo theme throughout all three games, with some changes to each (guitar in halo 2, extra parts of the theme to halo 3) while adding new scores of his own. The only problem is, while Neil's music sounds fantastic, he has not kept the core theme song of halo. This is part of the trilogy, even though its a new trilogy, the story is linked to the original trilogy, and therefore, so should some of the music. Yes, i know hes going for a new approach, and some of the stuff sounds kinda like halo, but the least he could do was add and maybe even make some changes to this core theme:



Its just one song, its not like i want him to copy all three of the trilogy's soundtracks. Its like puting both the dmr and br into halo 4. There will be plenty of new, but just keep a little of the old. They have the rights to all of the halo songs, is it really too much to ask for they use one? Thats all im saying.

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:57 pm  Jony

Halo Reach and ODST are linked to original trilogy too, and still didn't have original score.

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 pm  SilentGamer64

Jony wrote:Halo Reach and ODST are linked to original trilogy too, and still didn't have original score.

Well, since you want to be so specific, how about we say "original trilogy" refers to any game where you play as the Master Cheif. Reach and ODST linked to the original trilogy in ways, but you werent Cheif, so they were side stories. And again, its just one song. They have the rights for it, and should put it in. Then they can put whatever new stuff they want to their heart's content.

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:56 pm  001 Contrite Mediation

I like the new BR animations; they're a lot smoother than the animation in the pre-alpha trailer.

avatar

Post on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:34 pm  CWO4anthony321123

Can people please stop arguing over halo music. I can here halo in halo 4 and goc's music. I think flexability is key for any game or music and that is what I hear in all there songs, inspired flexibility. If we had the same music in every game, we would get bored and overly familliar with it. Change is key keep us interested. Thats my mutual opinion and I just want needless fighting to end. If anyone wants to yell at me, I probably won't read it since I'm not on often anymore. We're all freinds here. Lets not go at each others throats over misc opinions.

Post on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am  Guest

*overloads with excitement and explodes*

avatar

Post on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 pm  Mad Mike

SilentGamer64 wrote:
Jony wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

What? That's not point of the thing right now. Neil respects Marty's music and they are good friends, point is, Neil did amazing job bringing a new feeling to game and it's only good thing, because music would get boring.

ODST and Reach had different soundtrack, than Halo 1,2 and 3 had. Marty explained this.

Different music for ODST, was because it was story about, how Rookie was alone in dark city, and he wanted it to have sad feeling.

Different music for Reach, was because he wanted it to have dark and deep music, because Reach had dark fate.

So, you accept Marty's explanation, but when Neil says same thing, you can't accept it? Great logic.

And, Silent, i'm not trying to attack you, but I mean everyone who says music of Halo changed.

I dont feel offended, i have taken much worse critisism than this. Anyhow, halo odst and reach's music changed because they were sidestories, and werent part of the original triglogy. As you have seen, Marty has stayed consistent by keeping the main halo theme throughout all three games, with some changes to each (guitar in halo 2, extra parts of the theme to halo 3) while adding new scores of his own. The only problem is, while Neil's music sounds fantastic, he has not kept the core theme song of halo. This is part of the trilogy, even though its a new trilogy, the story is linked to the original trilogy, and therefore, so should some of the music. Yes, i know hes going for a new approach, and some of the stuff sounds kinda like halo, but the least he could do was add and maybe even make some changes to this core theme:



Its just one song, its not like i want him to copy all three of the trilogy's soundtracks. Its like puting both the dmr and br into halo 4. There will be plenty of new, but just keep a little of the old. They have the rights to all of the halo songs, is it really too much to ask for they use one? Thats all im saying.

Exactly. Well said.

avatar

Post on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm  Jony

Mike, I don't want continue this, but sometimes you say Halo 4 music sucks and sometimes you say it's alright, and sometimes you say you want totally new, and sometimes you say you only want 10 seconds of original Halo music into Halo 4, and it would be good, it doesn't make any sense, so what do you want?

avatar

Post on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:12 pm  Mad Mike

Jony wrote:Mike, I don't want continue this, but sometimes you say Halo 4 music sucks and sometimes you say it's alright, and sometimes you say you want totally new, and sometimes you say you only want 10 seconds of original Halo music into Halo 4, and it would be good, it doesn't make any sense, so what do you want?

I want it to have some new elements, BUT still feel like halo. It's good to have some new stuff but the old stuff has got to stay!

What I don't like is that we havn't seen any old stuff and it doesn't feel like halo anymore imo. Maybe one or two songs are good and halo-ish but not most of it.

That's what I think basically, but I also don't want to continue this lol Razz

Post   Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum