You are not connected. Please login or register

What Should I Make Next?

25% 25% [ 2 ]
25% 25% [ 2 ]
25% 25% [ 2 ]
25% 25% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

SilentGamer64 | 3933 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64 here with a proposal for making another life sized map! Im not getting halo 4 any time soon, so I will have time on my hands to make at least one more map. This time I'm going to let the community vote on what I should make next. All of these maps will be recreations of different halo campaign levels/areas from previous games. Some may be more linear for invasion gametypes, others might serve well as simple slayer maps. Your choices are above. ^

on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:20 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee | 2818 Viva La Sovereign

I voted for the CCS, but now that I think about it, that's been done quite a few times already. Pretty sure I can change it...

Edit: Nope. Bottom of the poll is cut off. Still, the third option sounds good.

on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:55 pm

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:I voted for the CCS, but now that I think about it, that's been done quite a few times already. Pretty sure I can change it...

Edit: Nope. Bottom of the poll is cut off. Still, the third option sounds good.

let me change that, i forgot to turn the change vote thing on.

Edit: cant change it, sorry. Someone should change some of the poll options when we get the new site. Ill take your vote for option 3 into account.

on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:06 pm

Knadan | 4178 Community Commissar

I say one of the sections from the Covenant because those aren't as linear as the mine or cruiser and might work better for semi-regular multiplayer.
(PS I already voted for option 3)

on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:13 pm

The Commissar will see you now....

1st LT Knadan wrote:I say one of the sections from the Covenant because those aren't as linear as the mine or cruiser and might work better for semi-regular multiplayer.
(PS I already voted for option 3)

cool, thats two out of three people accounted for. the third person seems to be annonymous...

(I didnt vote myself because its not my choice, its everyone elses)

on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:29 pm

Jony | 4819 Admin My Ass

Threshold Gas Mine, I loved that place in Halo 2. And there are not many maps about it.

on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:14 am

Legal | 5418 Viva La Sovereign

I could imagine the CCS looking awful ( no offence ) So I think you should do something different.

on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:58 am

Jony | 4819 Admin My Ass

Legal wrote:I could imagine the CCS looking awful ( no offence ) So I think you should do something different.

Gas Mine! You gotta agree with me.

on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 am

Mad Mike | 4185 Gwendolyn's Minion

the 3 towers could look amazing in forge world! The inviroment is pretty much identical.

That's what I vote for.

on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:46 am

Let me get some input in here...

Legal, I know the CCS would look bad because I've seen several forge world maps of it. But I'm going to focus entirely on the inside of it. I could never portray the exterior of the ship accurately enough, because of the budget limit. That's why I'm doing the interior, hopefully the whole thing based off the halo ce level. It really isn't that hard to make corridors with a hangar, grav lift room, brig, and engine room.I could even put some wraiths and ghosts in the storage area! (Undrivable of course)

Jony, I think I like the gas mine idea the most too, but I also think it would be hard to not make it linear. I saw that someone already made an invasion map out of half of it, but I want to do the whole thing, from the phantom dropout zone, to the seraph hangar, to the cable room. The level itself is one big line. I would have to figure out how to make it a circle for slayer/ free for all game types (maybe even some flood-like infection?

Either way, neither of these choices are winning, because Kusa said he wanted option 3 instead of option 1. So really, The Covenant 3 tower area is winning. It also might be the easiest to build, since I already have the ocean and cliff side. I will run the polls till early Saturday morning, maybe we'll have some game changers, but otherwise, it looks like its option 3.

on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 am

Here's how it looks so far:

Option 1: 1 vote
Option 2: 2 votes
Option 3: 3 votes
Option 4: 1 vote

I changed one person's vote for them, so now the poll displayed above is off. Keep up the voting!

on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:30 am

Jony | 4819 Admin My Ass

I'm sure you want challenge, so you MUST do whole gas mine Very Happy

My crappy ways trying to convince you to do it...

on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:31 am

Legal | 5418 Viva La Sovereign

The inside of a CCS would look cool. But I'd go for somethin that hasnt already been done.

on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 pm

Polls are closed everyone! Looks like I will be making the level from "The Covenant" with the assault on the three towers! Thanks for your votes!

Polls arent really closed, so you can vote as much as you want, but the deadline has been reached, so this is the map I'm making. Since Threshold came in second by a close margin, I will try to also forge this map if I have time, but my priority is on The Covenant map right now.

on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:37 am

SlashedTortoise | 4317 Teh Maps? I Make!

Haha and you wonder why I forge so much Wink
Anyway the last one Razz

on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:25 pm

SlashedTortoise wrote:Haha and you wonder why I forge so much Wink
Anyway the last one Razz

Sorry, but it's too late, I already "closed" the polls (I can't really do that, but I'm not accepting any more votes). Option 3 ended up winning.

on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:29 pm

SlashedTortoise | 4317 Teh Maps? I Make!

SilentGamer64 wrote:
SlashedTortoise wrote:Haha and you wonder why I forge so much Wink
Anyway the last one Razz

Sorry, but it's too late, I already "closed" the polls (I can't really do that, but I'm not accepting any more votes). Option 3 ended up winning.

ah okay nw, that was my second option anyway Razz good luck mate

on Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:51 am

SlashedTortoise wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

ah okay nw, that was my second option anyway Razz good luck mate

Thanks. Everyone should expect to see a post regarding the finished map within 2 weeks. (But you all will probably be playing halo 4 by then anyways...)

on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Thor 'Karamee | 3438 Member

All of the above Smile

-Thor

on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:46 pm

001 Contrite Mediation | 4366 The Floaty Green Dude

Haha, four way tie at two votes each Smile

on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 am

I forgot to close the poll...

The map was discontinued ever since halo 4 came out, but since it is practically unbearable to play now, I might just still make the map (technically, the three towers map won and since I've already started it, I might as well finish it. Don't know when though. I'll probably make a new post about it when I start it up again)

I'm surprised this thread even came back to life...

on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Deadpool | 3501 Joy Killer

A giant Chimichanga!

on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com