Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Protocol Dictates Action: 06/27/2012

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Noble

avatar
Thus I Refute Thee
This is just a quick update to describe the overhaul that is going to be taken care of over the next few days. Since the creation of Halo: Galaxy of Combat the team here at BVG Studios has strived to uphold Microsoft's Custom Content Policy, but due to recent changes in this policy we must make changes to our game in order to conform to these new rules. In addition, we are beginning on getting game play mechanics in place along with menu design.

I. Name Change
Halo: Galaxy of Combat is no longer allowed to be the running name of the game. The new rules state that the name cannot have 'Halo' in it and it the logo cannot resemble the 'Halo' logo.

In addition, your Items may not use the name of the Microsoft Game in their title. For example, we don't object to "Red vs. Blue". We don't object to "Operation Chastity". But we do object to "Halo [insert the title of your Item here]". We want to make sure consumers don't get confused.
Along those same lines, please don't use actual logos from the Microsoft Game as part of your Item's logos.

We contacted bsangel from the Waypoint forums and she confirmed that no exceptions could be made and the changes had to be done.
We are currently in the process of brainstorming names. We're trying to find a name that can sum up the Human-Covenant War and can be easily identifiable as Halo. (My current name suggestion is Winter Contingency). We will open a poll to the community to allow them to vote on their favorite name that will replace Halo: Galaxy of Combat.

II. Game Mechanics
Another issue that has come up is how exactly the multiplayer will work. Members of the team are coming up with ideas for how the mechanics would work and they will be introduced to the community soon, again where it will be voted on but not finalized by the community.
NOTE: The game WILL NOT feature open-world environments, however, the maps will be on an extremely large scale.

III. Menu Design
Menu concepts will also be created for members of the community to vote on. They will fit into the game mechanics that are described by the proposer.

This Thursday (June 28th) we will be having a livestream, so make sure to get on around 5pm (Central).

Livestream Link



Last edited by Noble on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

avatar

Post on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:37 pm  Jony

Yep, knew about this for sometime already(don't ask how)

And please, don't get angry to me or anything, but I must say...

CAN'T YOU FUCKIN' READ? Read before you start making game -__-...

Please note that we are creating the game Halo: Galaxy of Combat while following Microsoft's "Custom Content and Rules Policy" TO THE LETTER!

Surely..... Great job guys!

I will give you second chance. You tried to keep Halo name.

Edit: Wiltz, this is the bad news I talked about.

avatar

Post on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 pm  Noble

Jony wrote:Yep, knew about this for sometime already(don't ask how)

And please, don't get angry to me or anything, but I must say...

CAN'T YOU FUCKIN' READ? Read before you start making game -__-...

Please note that we are creating the game Halo: Galaxy of Combat while following Microsoft's "Custom Content and Rules Policy" TO THE LETTER!

Surely..... Great job guys!

I will give you second chance. You tried to keep Halo name.

Edit: Wiltz, this is the bad news I talked about.

I'm not quite appreciating your tone in this matter. The content policy was just recently changed, get your facts straight.

avatar

Post on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:44 pm  Rex

Well -Cheesecake!-.



Last edited by Rex on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

avatar

Post on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 pm  Jony

Sorry Sad Didn't really read it Sad. I'm sorry, well, I hate microsoft. I must cancel my own game now too -________-

Jony wrote:Sorry Sad Didn't really read it Sad. I'm sorry, well, I hate microsoft. I must cancel my own game now too -________-
:'(
Your canceling it because you can't think of a new name...?

avatar

Post on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 pm  Jony

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:Sorry Sad Didn't really read it Sad. I'm sorry, well, I hate microsoft. I must cancel my own game now too -________-
:'(
Your canceling it because you can't think of a new name...?

I mean, I will cancel Halo story for it. I must edit it. And all files team did are now worthless. But it will be sci-fi game, that is for sure. I must start re-writing story.....

Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:Sorry Sad Didn't really read it Sad. I'm sorry, well, I hate microsoft. I must cancel my own game now too -________-
:'(
Your canceling it because you can't think of a new name...?

I mean, I will cancel Halo story for it. I must edit it. And all files team did are now worthless. But it will be sci-fi game, that is for sure. I must start re-writing story.....
...Why would their files be worthless?

avatar

Post on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:39 pm  Jony

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:Sorry Sad Didn't really read it Sad. I'm sorry, well, I hate microsoft. I must cancel my own game now too -________-
:'(
Your canceling it because you can't think of a new name...?

I mean, I will cancel Halo story for it. I must edit it. And all files team did are now worthless. But it will be sci-fi game, that is for sure. I must start re-writing story.....
...Why would their files be worthless?

I'm not talking about BVG. I'm talking files made by team i'm member of....And what use Halo files would be in non-Halo game?

Jony wrote:I'm not talking about BVG. I'm talking files made by team i'm member of....And what use Halo files would be in non-Halo game?
...I know your not talking about BVG. I'm just wondering why you quit making a Halo-based game.

avatar

Post on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:54 pm  Jony

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:I'm not talking about BVG. I'm talking files made by team i'm member of....And what use Halo files would be in non-Halo game?
...I know your not talking about BVG. I'm just wondering why you quit making a Halo-based game.

Ehh, Did you read what Noble posted....

Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:I'm not talking about BVG. I'm talking files made by team i'm member of....And what use Halo files would be in non-Halo game?
...I know your not talking about BVG. I'm just wondering why you quit making a Halo-based game.

Ehh, Did you read what Noble posted....
Yes, did you? They aren't quitting the game because of this...

OT(because our entire conversation was irrelevant...): It's good to hear that the maps will be really big, I kind of miss the plans for an open-world sort of thing though.

Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:I'm not talking about BVG. I'm talking files made by team i'm member of....And what use Halo files would be in non-Halo game?
...I know your not talking about BVG. I'm just wondering why you quit making a Halo-based game.

Ehh, Did you read what Noble posted....

Yeah, we read what Noble posted. We can't directly use the name "Halo" anymore, but we can still use assets from it, to my belief.

kongumaster wrote:
Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:I'm not talking about BVG. I'm talking files made by team i'm member of....And what use Halo files would be in non-Halo game?
...I know your not talking about BVG. I'm just wondering why you quit making a Halo-based game.

Ehh, Did you read what Noble posted....

Yeah, we read what Noble posted. We can't directly use the name "Halo" anymore, but we can still use assets from it, to my belief.

If we need to clarify.

We are stilling continuing on the game as planned, just the "Halo" in Halo: Galaxy of Combat cannot be used no more. We are coming up with an alternate name in the coming days.

I'd also like to point out that it doesn't say the word Halo cannot be used. It says it can't be at the beginning of the title. Wink

avatar

Post on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:52 am  Wiltz

Hope you get a good name, can't wait for the poll.

LH Justin wrote:I'd also like to point out that it doesn't say the word Halo cannot be used. It says it can't be at the beginning of the title. Wink

Actually but it did, read more carefully.

we do object to "Halo [insert the title of your Item here]". We want to make sure consumers don't get confused.

WarheadKillor wrote:
LH Justin wrote:I'd also like to point out that it doesn't say the word Halo cannot be used. It says it can't be at the beginning of the title. Wink

Actually but it did, read more carefully.

we do object to "Halo [insert the title of your Item here]". We want to make sure consumers don't get confused.
That still fits what Justin said. Halo is at the beginning there. I think you guys are just interpreting it differently...

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
WarheadKillor wrote:
LH Justin wrote:I'd also like to point out that it doesn't say the word Halo cannot be used. It says it can't be at the beginning of the title. Wink

Actually but it did, read more carefully.

we do object to "Halo [insert the title of your Item here]". We want to make sure consumers don't get confused.
That still fits what Justin said. Halo is at the beginning there. I think you guys are just interpreting it differently...

Reading his post more into it...and I apparently made an oops. Well, we all make mistakes. (I read the first sentence, then completely misread the next)

We're still probably on ending up not keeping the Halo name in there, unless people were to come up with a name or something.

WarheadKillor wrote:Reading his post more into it...and I apparently made an oops. Well, we all make mistakes. (I read the first sentence, then completely misread the next)

We're still probably on ending up not keeping the Halo name in there, unless people were to come up with a name or something.
Just to be safe, it would probably be good to not have Halo in it at all though.

avatar

Post on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:14 am  Jony

Pro tip:

You can't just change name, and then keep UNSC, Covenant, warthogs, Weapons, carriers, elites, grunts etc...It will not work. I'm pretty sure Microsoft would put stop to that.

Jony wrote:Pro tip:

You can't just change name, and then keep UNSC, Covenant, warthogs, Weapons, carriers, elites, grunts etc...It will not work. I'm pretty sure Microsoft would put stop to that.
Why would they put a stop to it? It only says that "Halo" can't be at the start of the name. Nothing about the actual game. There was some stuff about not being able to use Halo logos though.

avatar

Post on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:26 am  Wiltz

Jony wrote:Pro tip:

You can't just change name, and then keep UNSC, Covenant, warthogs, Weapons, carriers, elites, grunts etc...It will not work. I'm pretty sure Microsoft would put stop to that.
Think about RvB, it uses Halo Assets, heck it uses the Halo game and it doesn't get stopped because it doesn't mention Halo and also it advertises the Halo games, which is a bonus for Microsoft. Microsoft have been known to be exceptionally lenient when it comes to copyrighting, try and do the same thing with EA and you won't get anywhere.

Wiltz wrote:Think about RvB, it uses Halo Assets, heck it uses the Halo game and it doesn't get stopped because it doesn't mention Halo and also it advertises the Halo games, which is a bonus for Microsoft. Microsoft have been known to be exceptionally lenient when it comes to copyrighting, try and do the same thing with EA and you won't get anywhere.
RvB has some sort of magical agreement with them though. I mean, they can get plenty of money from their Halo things...

avatar

Post on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:38 am  Jony

Wiltz wrote:
Jony wrote:Pro tip:

You can't just change name, and then keep UNSC, Covenant, warthogs, Weapons, carriers, elites, grunts etc...It will not work. I'm pretty sure Microsoft would put stop to that.
Think about RvB, it uses Halo Assets, heck it uses the Halo game and it doesn't get stopped because it doesn't mention Halo and also it advertises the Halo games, which is a bonus for Microsoft. Microsoft have been known to be exceptionally lenient when it comes to copyrighting, try and do the same thing with EA and you won't get anywhere.

What about Rockstar games.... Don't even try to do let's play about some game. Most of let's plays from youtube have gotten deleted.lol

And there were Game dev rules, and other agreements. RvB is not game....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Private forum on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum