Welcome to the Bay!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Protocol Dictates Action: 06/27/2012

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Noble

avatar
Thus I Refute Thee
This is just a quick update to describe the overhaul that is going to be taken care of over the next few days. Since the creation of Halo: Galaxy of Combat the team here at BVG Studios has strived to uphold Microsoft's Custom Content Policy, but due to recent changes in this policy we must make changes to our game in order to conform to these new rules. In addition, we are beginning on getting game play mechanics in place along with menu design.

I. Name Change
Halo: Galaxy of Combat is no longer allowed to be the running name of the game. The new rules state that the name cannot have 'Halo' in it and it the logo cannot resemble the 'Halo' logo.

In addition, your Items may not use the name of the Microsoft Game in their title. For example, we don't object to "Red vs. Blue". We don't object to "Operation Chastity". But we do object to "Halo [insert the title of your Item here]". We want to make sure consumers don't get confused.
Along those same lines, please don't use actual logos from the Microsoft Game as part of your Item's logos.

We contacted bsangel from the Waypoint forums and she confirmed that no exceptions could be made and the changes had to be done.
We are currently in the process of brainstorming names. We're trying to find a name that can sum up the Human-Covenant War and can be easily identifiable as Halo. (My current name suggestion is Winter Contingency). We will open a poll to the community to allow them to vote on their favorite name that will replace Halo: Galaxy of Combat.

II. Game Mechanics
Another issue that has come up is how exactly the multiplayer will work. Members of the team are coming up with ideas for how the mechanics would work and they will be introduced to the community soon, again where it will be voted on but not finalized by the community.
NOTE: The game WILL NOT feature open-world environments, however, the maps will be on an extremely large scale.

III. Menu Design
Menu concepts will also be created for members of the community to vote on. They will fit into the game mechanics that are described by the proposer.

This Thursday (June 28th) we will be having a livestream, so make sure to get on around 5pm (Central).

Livestream Link



Last edited by Noble on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Jony wrote:What about Rockstar games.... Don't even try to do let's play about some game. Most of let's plays from youtube have gotten deleted.lol

And there were Game dev rules, and other agreements. RvB is not game....
The "Game Content Usage Rules" talk more about videos than games actually. RvB uses plenty of "assets" from Halo.

avatar

Post on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:58 am  Wiltz

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:What about Rockstar games.... Don't even try to do let's play about some game. Most of let's plays from youtube have gotten deleted.lol

And there were Game dev rules, and other agreements. RvB is not game....
The "Game Content Usage Rules" talk more about videos than games actually. RvB uses plenty of "assets" from Halo.
Yes, Game Content Rules virtually state the same thing, why would Microsoft need something different between a video and a game? Both are meant to be free and not mention Halo, this way people can't profit of their ideas and if it doesn't mention Halo then people can't track the game back to them if it's bad. Nothing more.

avatar

Post on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:58 am  Noble

To clear things up nothing in the game is affected by these new rules, we just have to change the name and logo of the game.

avatar

Post on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 pm  IDredMan

jony i don't think you're getting this, these are the agreements that allow bvg to actually use halo content.. they just can't use halo as a name or a logo ...they can still use whatever they have now IN-GAME ...for a name (if the ODSTs are the main guys) i think "hell jumper" would be good.

how long till the livesteam lads, im GMT so can you just give me how long

avatar

Post on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 pm  deaddudaman31122

Noble wrote:This is just a quick update to describe the overhaul that is going to be taken care of over the next few days. Since the creation of Halo: Galaxy of Combat the team here at BVG Studios has strived to uphold Microsoft's Custom Content Policy, but due to recent changes in this policy we must make changes to our game in order to conform to these new rules. In addition, we are beginning on getting game play mechanics in place along with menu design.

I. Name Change
Halo: Galaxy of Combat is no longer allowed to be the running name of the game. The new rules state that the name cannot have 'Halo' in it and it the logo cannot resemble the 'Halo' logo.

In addition, your Items may not use the name of the
Microsoft Game in their title. For example, we don't object to "Red vs. Blue". We don't object to "Operation Chastity". But we do object to "Halo [insert the title of your Item here]". We want to make sure consumers don't get confused.
Along those same lines, please don't use actual logos from the Microsoft Game as part of your Item's logos.

We contacted bsangel from the Waypoint forums and she confirmed that no exceptions could be made and the changes had to be done.
We are currently in the process of brainstorming names. We're trying to find a name that can sum up the Human-Covenant War and can be easily identifiable as Halo. (My current name suggestion is Winter Contingency). We will open a poll to the community to allow them to vote on their favorite name that will replace Halo: Galaxy of Combat.

II. Game Mechanics
Another issue that has come up is how exactly the multiplayer will work. Members of the team are coming up with ideas for how the mechanics would work and they will be introduced to the community soon, again where it will be voted on but not finalized by the community.
NOTE: The game WILL NOT feature open-world environments, however, the maps will be on an extremely large scale.

III. Menu Design
Menu concepts will also be created for members of the community to vote on. They will fit into the game mechanics that are described by the proposer.

This Thursday (June 28th) we will be having a livestream, so make sure to get on around 5pm (Central).

Livestream Link

Here's some advice on making the name you guys,first think about what we will be mostly playing as in the game I say this because halo has a lot of nicknames for it's character's and if you guys a really fans you should be able to think of some. For example I saw ODST soldiers in the preview in halo there nicknamed hell jumpers. Next think about where will we be mostly fighting at. Sometimes this can be fairley easy pick a location in the halo universe and put in the title or go with a broad attempt.I know this can range due to multiplayer but in halo reach not all the multiplayer maps on reach,and actually there best map is on halo so don't worry.Halo reach set a very clear location while Galaxy of combat was a very good way set a broad locations. This gave you the ability to set a large amount of areas and possible story situations but there are many other ways to do this as you probably already know but this is just a reminder. For example use "combat of war" it is a broad name not only does it help convey the overall message it probably helps to signify the certain style of combat being used in the game. There is a great example of this in the first halo title "HALO:COMBAT EVOLVED".It helped tell me that something is going to happen on halo and that thers some different combat. I don't know if other people fell this way but I think this meant how they were going to fight this war was changed when master chief, halo(forunners), and Cortana stepped into the picture. It worked for them so why can't it work for you. Finally try to have in your title or clearly in your game what your fighting for the thing that wants to make player comeback and "finish the fight". This message doesn't have to be in your title but at least in your game clearly and strongly. For example "Halo Reach" fulfilled two of my advice's it identified whre we will be fighting at and what we will be fighting for and, at least to my measures also did a good job showing the emotions through a compelling campaign.In conclusion tell who were playing as give us either a clear constant location or broad one and forget about multiplayer locations.Finally find a way to get the idea for fight for something across the player's minds.

Here's some great example:
1.HELLJUMPERS:COMBAT OF WAR
2.HELLJUMPERS: Battles for Home
3.HELLJUMPERS: Battle for Earth

I know I only used one name and if I took longer I probably could come up with better names but that's not my duty so take my advice and use it and if you already new this than just take as helpful hints and a reminder that great minds think alike.

Well, if we want to put this in perspective. The ODST's right now are the only character in the game so far. We're only 2 months into development.

There will be more, so don't just keep your mind on Helljumper!

What time is the broadcast for est?

Michaelanthony321123 wrote:What time is the broadcast for est?

The Livestream link should tell you the time according to your timezone.

WarheadKillor wrote:
Michaelanthony321123 wrote:What time is the broadcast for est?

The Livestream link should tell you the time according to your timezone.
Oh, 6pm. Thanks. Grin

Damn that sucks. I found out about this game by searching youtube for halo trailers. Now that you wont have "Halo" in the title its going to be harder for people to find this game.

As for names, Winter Contingency fits perfectly. It sums up the game (epic halo battles) and the fact that its a halo game all in one. Ill probably be voting for that (unless you come up with something even better of course)

I think you guys should just continue to name it galaxy of combat, just take out "halo" and leave the subtitle. that's what I would do.


but still, in my own FULL opinion: MUTHA F*** THA POLICE. jk

i kno my death will come after this but...
chocolate sauce is better than cheesecake



Last edited by Ghost121 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Ghost121 wrote:i kno my death will come after this but...
chocolate sauce is better than cheesecake
That was highly inappropriate Ghost.

err....yea....Sad

It sucks that you cant use halo in the title Sad but a good name that you could use is The Fight For Home or something along that line. Mabye you could do The fight against those guys with 4 mouth pieces.jk

avatar

Post on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:10 am  Jony

Graketton wrote:It sucks that you cant use halo in the title Sad but a good name that you could use is The Fight For Home or something along that line. Mabye you could do The fight against those guys with 4 mouth pieces.jk

They already chose name. Winter Gongiency won, I believe...

Jony wrote:They already chose name. Winter Gongiency won, I believe...
It managed to win by one vote. XD

avatar

Post on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:24 pm  Jony

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:They already chose name. Winter Gongiency won, I believe...
It managed to win by one vote. XD

GoC won Razz

Jony wrote:
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:They already chose name. Winter Gongiency won, I believe...
It managed to win by one vote. XD

GoC won Razz
Yes, we know that now Jony. Razz

When the game have Alpha Test and who will test it?

Blackdragon216 wrote:When the game have Alpha Test and who will test it?
There is already a private alpha; community members were chosen by the dev team. I don't know when the public alpha is.

avatar

Post on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:42 am  Arathmorr

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Did GoC or WC win the poll. I didn't check the site recently and missed quite a bit.

avatar

Post on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 am  Noble

Arathmorr wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Did GoC or WC win the poll. I didn't check the site recently and missed quite a bit.

Galaxy of Combat

Arathmorr wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Did GoC or WC win the poll. I didn't check the site recently and missed quite a bit.
GoC won, but I like Winter Contingency. It sounds more like Halo than Galaxy of Combat.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum