Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty CWO4anthony321123 | 9271 Legendary Member

CWO4anthony321123
I'm an Atheist.Smile 

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:44 am

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Pandora's Box | 9180 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
I'm Protestant Surprised 

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:54 am

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9120 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
Roman Catholic

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:25 am

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Noble | 6435 Thus I Refute Thee

Noble
I'm an agnostic

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:31 am

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Legal | 10172 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
Atheist Smile

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:29 am

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Knadan | 8932 Community Commissar

Knadan
Pandora's Box wrote:I'm Protestant Surprised 
Ditto.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:46 am

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Mad Mike | 8939 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
Orthodox christian.

(The syriac orthodox church is the oldest church in history and has it's roots in the first christian communities. We also speak a dialect of the Aramaic language that Jesus spoke.)

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty CWO4anthony321123 | 9271 Legendary Member

CWO4anthony321123
Legal wrote:Atheist Smile
Very Happy 

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9120 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
Mad Mike wrote:Orthodox christian.

(The syriac orthodox church is the oldest church in history and has it's roots in the first christian communities. We also speak a  dialect of the Aramaic language that Jesus spoke.)
I believe that's a tie between the Orthodox Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Church. They were both a part of early Christianity and were actually one church, then they separated in the Great Schism in 1054.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 am

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Legal | 10172 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
Legal wrote:Atheist Smile
Very Happy 
<3 I wonder if everyone here follows their faith strictly?

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:57 am

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Mad Mike | 8939 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:Orthodox christian.

(The syriac orthodox church is the oldest church in history and has it's roots in the first christian communities. We also speak a  dialect of the Aramaic language that Jesus spoke.)
I believe that's a tie between the Orthodox Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Church. They were both a part of early Christianity and were actually one church, then they separated in the Great Schism in 1054.
No, this is untrue. You are reffering to the greek-orthodox churches and the russian-orthodox churhes etc. They are very different, the syriac church is one of the Oriental-orthodox churches. They broke off from the other churches at 451

The Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch, as it is more formally called, IS the oldest Christian church in history. So old that it is infact mentioned in the bible.

Acts 11:26
"and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch."

It is not only the oldest organized church in history, it uses the oldest liturgy, and even in a dialect of the original language.

People are unaware of this because of how history is always bent towards Europe.
We spend entire terms learning about Ancient Greece, while Mesopotamia is barely even mentioned. (even though most of the greek culture originated from Mesopotamia and Egypt)
Most common people even think that Aramaic is a dead ancient language, when in fact I can speak it.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 am

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Jony | 9583 Admin My Ass

Jony
Lutheran Smile

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:05 pm

CWO4anthony321123
Legal wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Very Happy 
<3 I wonder if everyone here follows their faith strictly?
Wispering: Probably not.Wink 

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:17 pm

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Knadan | 8932 Community Commissar

Knadan
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
Legal wrote:<3 I wonder if everyone here follows their faith strictly?
Wispering: Probably not.Wink 
"Every day we move closer to our judgement.  We must do our best to walk in the footsteps of our Lord and teach others how to do the same.  For many of us, the road is a difficult one, but the path is always there for us to follow, no matter how many times we may fall."
"Do you ever fall?"
"Every day.  Some days are... harder than others."
-Joshua Graham and the Courier of Fallout: New Vegas

I'm not perfect, I know I'm not and I accept this fact.  Even after a person gives their life to Christ, they'll still sin during their lifetime, that's simply a fact of the human condition.  
Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  
All I can do is take it one day at a time and do what I can to fulfill His plan for me with His help.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty FutureShadow202 | 8211 The Pig Roaster

FutureShadow202
I believe in a mix of things, but Roman Cathlolic overall.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:14 pm

001 Contrite Mediation
FutureShadow202 wrote:I believe in a mix of things, but Roman Cathlolic overall.
Woot woot.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:00 am

Mad Mike
Knadan wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Wispering: Probably not.Wink 
"Every day we move closer to our judgement.  We must do our best to walk in the footsteps of our Lord and teach others how to do the same.  For many of us, the road is a difficult one, but the path is always there for us to follow, no matter how many times we may fall."
"Do you ever fall?"
"Every day.  Some days are... harder than others."
-Joshua Graham and the Courier of Fallout: New Vegas

I'm not perfect, I know I'm not and I accept this fact.  Even after a person gives their life to Christ, they'll still sin during their lifetime, that's simply a fact of the human condition.  
Romans 3:23- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  
All I can do is take it one day at a time and do what I can to fulfill His plan for me with His help.
Well said

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:33 am

Knadan
Mad Mike wrote:
Knadan wrote:
Well said
Thank you, I try.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:43 am

Legal
This may hurt your feelings if you are deeply religious. Do not read if you feel you may get offended. I have warned you.

READ IF YOU DARE:

Last edited by Legal on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:24 pm

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty camycamera | 9066 Legendary Member

camycamera
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:I'm an Atheist.Smile 
ditto

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:21 pm

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty camycamera | 9066 Legendary Member

camycamera
Legal wrote:
ouch. yeah, you started the fire all right, i don't think i'd ever have the balls to say that here....

i am interested to see where this goes.... i hope it doesn't lead to another closing off of a section of the forums.

i know this is the debating corner, but "keep it clean", somewhat, if you know what i mean (as in take into account other's feelings). especially you, Anthony (pun).

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Legal
Tempted to remove this before someone rages at me.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:39 pm

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty FutureShadow202 | 8211 The Pig Roaster

FutureShadow202
Legal wrote:Tempted to remove this before someone rages at me.
I think that over the years, the several different god types that have been created are all really the same god, but humans have made it into something they can comprehend. I believe there is a higher power than mortals, we just cant comprehehnd it, so we make it into whats easiest for our mind to comprehend. I respect everyones views, and I do believe that humans have twisted much of what the real truth is over the years. At the same time, I also believe in the forces of nature and the living earth, along with druidism, and other natural magics. I also believe that humams are capable of things such as telekinese, telepathy, and things of unexplainable nature, we just havent found the key to unlocking it fully.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Legal
FutureShadow202 wrote:
Legal wrote:Tempted to remove this before someone rages at me.
I think that over the years, the several different god types that have been created are all really the same god, but humans have made it into something they can comprehend. I believe there is a higher power than mortals, we just cant comprehehnd it, so we make it into whats easiest for our mind to comprehend. I respect everyones views, and I do believe that humans have twisted much of what the real truth is over the years. At the same time, I also believe in the forces of nature and the living earth, along with druidism, and other natural magics. I also believe that humams are capable of things such as telekinese, telepathy, and things of unexplainable nature, we just havent found the key to unlocking it fully.
Sounds interesting. As long as your beliefs don't contradict science me and you get a long perfectly well. As for the telekenesis and all that weird stuff... Maybe there is some weirdo explanation. Maybe our existence, focused in the 3 main dimensions (and time) cannot allow us to comprehend such powers. String Theory and such gives rise to up to 10 dimensions. If String Theory is found to be true, maybe there is weird stuff in other dimensions we can't understand. Pretty awesome stuff. But it all comes down to science. Not God.

If you're looking for a good read, I recommend 'a Universe from Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss. It might open your mind a bit to life without a creator.

Science truly is beautiful. I think the notion of an intelligent creator is totally created by humans. I'd prefer there wasn't a God. Wouldn't it be more fascinating if everything we knew happened by complete accident?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Knadan
Legal wrote:This may hurt your feelings if you are deeply religious. Do not read if you feel you may get offended. I have warned you.

READ IF YOU DARE:
These are some counterpoints to Legal's statement, I hope I don't offend anyone and apologize in advance if I do.
Spoiler:
I may come up with other points later, but this is what I've got for now.
Although FutureShadow, aren't the beliefs of your later statement generally contradictory to Roman Catholicism?

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Just wondering, what's everybody's religion? Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com