Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty Guest | Guest

Thel 'Vadam wrote:A Message to the Dev Team Concerning Space Battles:

Please do NOT make these Space Battles be playable on rails! This would make the Space Battles part of this game just a mini-game and like a "Halo Star Fox" thing that a lot of us would be disappointed in once the game is released—I'd know this through experience with the SWTOR community.

We need Space Battles to be open to where we can destroy other players' ships and expand on Exploration. Where we can have tons of Frigates and Capital ships trying to destroy each other and other ships that fly around them.

Remember that players want PvP Space Warzones! They do NOT want a railed Space Battles-type system! No "Halo Star Fox"!
It would be awesome if you made it like the Star Wars Battlefront 2 space battles, they are very engaging, between flying ships and boarding others to destroy them from within.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:59 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty Guest | Guest

Mad Mike wrote:
Do read The Fall of Reach! It'll prepare you devs on how you can implement the Space combat features and how you can explain how it works to the community.

649 FutureShadow wrote:
I'm sure they can make it similar to that, but possibly better, too! BFII has been around for a long time, so it being 2012 I'd have higher expectations. Wink

Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:50 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8689 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
I know freedom in space battles without barriers sounds great, but if someone was to try to fly a fighter as far as they could just to dick around, it could really hurt the team. I would say give capital ships unlimited movement room and add boundaries to keep fighters around the capital ship to stay in the fight.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:35 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty Halo Wrexx | 7462 Legendary Member

Halo Wrexx
SilentGamer64 wrote:I know freedom in space battles without barriers sounds great, but if someone was to try to fly a fighter as far as they could just to dick around, it could really hurt the team. I would say give capital ships unlimited movement room and add boundaries to keep fighters around the capital ship to stay in the fight.

That's a great idea. Nice man. So like the carrier can move any where but fighters have to be on some distance of the ship

Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:55 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8689 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
Exactly Smile because in reach the frigate was scripted, and the barriers were rather tight for that scale of battle

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 am

I'm wondering though, will Capital ship turrets be controlled by AI or players, or can the turrets be used by both? Also in the space battles will there be a few AI pilots?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:23 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty Gamer 217 | 8836 Member

Gamer 217
Maybe you can drive the ship around select a target activate what weapons you want to use then hit the fire button and the activated weapons will fire. Though certain weapons should have a restricted targeting arc.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:41 pm

SilentGamer64
I would like to have the capital ship be more like star wars battle front star destroyers and mon calaamaris, where you choose one of several turrets to fire. If you remember the space mission from reach you know that the frigate has plenty of turrets to choose from. I would also like to see capital ships be armed with missiles on the human ships and plasma torpedoes on covenant ships (with lock on capabilities) the only real space battle example from the halo games is reach's space mission, so why not improve off of that and make it better?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:16 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:I would like to have the capital ship be more like star wars battle front star destroyers and mon calaamaris, where you choose one of several turrets to fire. If you remember the space mission from reach you know that the frigate has plenty of turrets to choose from. I would also like to see capital ships be armed with missiles on the human ships and plasma torpedoes on covenant ships (with lock on capabilities) the only real space battle example from the halo games is reach's space mission, so why not improve off of that and make it better?
Ya I do remember the space battles from SWBF2 and they operated well, but that was also due to AI to fill the gap for players. That's why I think for large scale battles (ground and space) we should have a few AI soldiers tag along, but if they are killed, it doesn't effect the score, but increase your chance to get a.....well I'll call it a hero bonus.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:47 pm

SilentGamer64
But won't a match be like 60 players? I think this is a large scale battle were talking here, unless 30 vs 30 isn't enough, I don't think ai's would be nessesary, although they would be fun to have as cannon fodder Smile

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:46 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty Jony | 9585 Admin My Ass

Jony
SilentGamer64 wrote:But won't a match be like 60 players? I think this is a large scale battle were talking here, unless 30 vs 30 isn't enough, I don't think ai's would be nessesary, although they would be fun to have as cannon fodder Smile

Well, max player numbers, that Cryengine 3 can support is 64 players, but they can probably make it 40 vs 40.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:19 am

SilentGamer64
Jony wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:But won't a match be like 60 players? I think this is a large scale battle were talking here, unless 30 vs 30 isn't enough, I don't think ai's would be nessesary, although they would be fun to have as cannon fodder Smile

Well, max player numbers, that Cryengine 3 can support is 64 players, but they can probably make it 40 vs 40.

Well depending on the map sizes, ai's may not be nessesary, although they would be interesting to see

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty Pandora's Box | 9182 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
But it would be sick to have a "Flood Survival Mode" on any of the maps where it's like one whole UNSC or Covenant team tries to survive. (Like a 30 person survival game)

It would be a cool feature if it was one life per person per a set of waves so that when "Reinforcements" come (like from ODST) actual people will be brought to the battlefield to combat the flood

Last edited by PandorasBox12 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Addition)

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:30 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty Jony | 9585 Admin My Ass

Jony
Well...Can't say much, but you'll be happy Wink

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:39 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty alistair3149 | 8506 Member

alistair3149
PandorasBox12 wrote:But it would be sick to have a "Flood Survival Mode" on any of the maps where it's like one whole UNSC or Covenant team tries to survive. (Like a 30 person survival game)

It would be a cool feature if it was one life per person per a set of waves so that when "Reinforcements" come (like from ODST) actual people will be brought to the battlefield to combat the flood
Human vs Covenant, but there are flood as AI,
Both Human and Covenant need to kill their enemies and the flood also for surviving

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:09 am

Jony
There is good chance, that 3rd faction will be included, but probably not.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:48 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty alistair3149 | 8506 Member

alistair3149
SilentGamer64 wrote:
Jony wrote:

Well depending on the map sizes, ai's may not be nessesary, although they would be interesting to see
I suggest that AI are used to replace some empty player slots and also spawn as some soldiers as NPCs

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Jony
A.I are confirmed, there will be A.I Grunts, Marines etc.

I mean, there is huge war. 32 vs 32 is not really super huge, we need A.I!

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:42 pm

alistair3149
Jony wrote:A.I are confirmed, there will be A.I Grunts, Marines etc.

That's the idea

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:44 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty Mad Mike | 8941 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
Jony wrote:A.I are confirmed, there will be A.I Grunts, Marines etc.

But then maybe they wont let us be marines or grunts! Sad Sad Sad

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Jony
I want play as Grunt Ultra...If not, inb4 rage.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:00 pm

SilentGamer64
thats kind of disappointing, since marines arent too far off from the physical build and strength of the odst's. not too upset about the grunts though, since if they were playable there would probably be alot of confetti on the battlefield...

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Jony
Just put Grunt Deacon as playable character (Deacon is Grunt)

Grunt Deacon can easily kill 3-5 marines.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:21 pm

alistair3149
Jony wrote:Just put Grunt Deacon as playable character (Deacon is Grunt)

And a player can easily kill a hundred of Grunt Deacon

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Jony
alistair3149 wrote:
Jony wrote:Just put Grunt Deacon as playable character (Deacon is Grunt)

And a player can easily kill a hundred of Grunt Deacon

If player is Grunt Deacon and if there are like 3 A.I Deacons, it may be hard.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:31 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 3 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com