Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Ideas and suggestion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 24 of 24]

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8745 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
1st LT Knadan wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Hmm, so sprinting will be a movement staple in the game eh? Well if that's the case, there should be infinite sprint like in battlefield. If the maps are going to be as large as I think they are, having limited sprint could get very annoying. Maybe heavy weapons like launchers could have slower running speeds, and walking with a ripped off turret obviously would force you to walk.

To balance, maybe zooming in after sprinting long distances could make your sights wobbly since you would be recovering from the run. The longer you run, the longer it takes for your aim to become steady from catching your breath.

I'm really just spewing ideas for this as they come to me, so just ignore me if its already been figured out.
Not a bad idea actually, but it could be tricky to implement.

Exactly my point. It took me about 2 minutes to come up with the idea and type it up, but programming it could be a -Cheesecake!-

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty Knadan | 8990 Community Commissar

Knadan
SilentGamer64 wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:
Not a bad idea actually, but it could be tricky to implement.

Exactly my point. It took me about 2 minutes to come up with the idea and type it up, but programming it could be a -Cheesecake!-
To put it mildly.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:43 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9178 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
SilentGamer64 wrote:Hmm, so sprinting will be a movement staple in the game eh? Well if that's the case, there should be infinite sprint like in battlefield. If the maps are going to be as large as I think they are, having limited sprint could get very annoying. Maybe heavy weapons like launchers could have slower running speeds, and walking with a ripped off turret obviously would force you to walk.
I like the idea of changing speeds depending on your weapon, but I see a lot of potential for bugs when implementing that.

SilentGamer64 wrote:Exactly my point. It took me about 2 minutes to come up with the idea and type it up, but programming it could be a -Cheesecake!-
Yes. Yes it would.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:38 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty UltimateCovie97 | 8943 Legendary Member

UltimateCovie97
SilentGamer64 wrote:
UltimateCovie97 wrote:And sorry for the double post but I would like their to be reloading while sprinting please.

Hmm, so sprinting will be a movement staple in the game eh? Well if that's the case, there should be infinite sprint like in battlefield. If the maps are going to be as large as I think they are, having limited sprint could get very annoying. Maybe heavy weapons like launchers could have slower running speeds, and walking with a ripped off turret obviously would force you to walk.

To balance, maybe zooming in after sprinting long distances could make your sights wobbly since you would be recovering from the run. The longer you run, the longer it takes for your aim to become steady from catching your breath.

I'm really just spewing ideas for this as they come to me, so just ignore me if its already been figured out.

well the walking with turrets might not be that hard.I also really like the idea of the wobbly sights after sprinting, and of course unlimited sprint.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty Insurrectionist Soldier | 8156 Member

Insurrectionist Soldier
UltimateCovie97 wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

well the walking with turrets might not be that hard.I also really like the idea of the wobbly sights after sprinting, and of course unlimited sprint.

Maybe Feature the Innies in some way

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty Knadan | 8990 Community Commissar

Knadan
Insurrectionist Soldier wrote:Maybe Feature the Innies in some way
Totally not biased at all. Totally.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty Halo Wrexx | 7518 Legendary Member

Halo Wrexx
You should add something like a commander player, like how BF4 has it. You have all of your team and the commander who can drop vehicles, call in airstrikes, and give orders.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8745 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
Halo Wrexx wrote:You should add something like a commander player, like how BF4 has it. You have all of your team and the commander who can drop vehicles, call in airstrikes, and give orders.

So then Elites would get Field Marshalls? Im down for that.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty UltimateCovie97 | 8943 Legendary Member

UltimateCovie97
Halo Wrexx wrote:You should add something like a commander player, like how BF4 has it. You have all of your team and the commander who can drop vehicles, call in airstrikes, and give orders.

Actually, that could be an excellent idea. Of course, players will be able to take vehicles from deployment and use them in battle, the commander would sit at base or behind large armies and do background help.

The commander would be able to assign objectives to all field units and tell them to hold certain areas and take certain objectives. He would also be able to redirect squads if another needs help. He could also tell dropship and fast air commanders where their help is needed and say that for ex: dropship-bravo squad needs a vehicle

Each faction would of course have there own powers that there commander could call in, some of them including

UNSC
-Shortsword strike
-pelican ammo drop
-Orbital MAC cannon
-etc

Covies
-glassing beam
-deploy scarab
-etc

I personally feel that while the commander would be able to help, he should ultimately sit in the background and issue orders and support, and leave the airstrikes up to actual players. He also should not be out on the field obviously.

If done right this could be an excellent idea! If anybody has anything to add go ahead!

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty Halo Wrexx | 7518 Legendary Member

Halo Wrexx
Wouldnt it be awesome if GoC had a "retro"mode? I mean like if you do a certain character combo it would begin playing the first ever GoC trailer(the one with the tron music and ODST" ad then reloaded the main menu as the one Noble made. I would really enjoy that

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:49 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty FutureShadow202 | 8269 The Pig Roaster

FutureShadow202
Guest wrote:Okay, I just posted this in the vehicle wishlist forum so I'm copying and pasting it here:
We could actually have a Covenant Cruiser (or any other suitable ship) that hangs in the planets orbit to provide a explanation as to how ground and air forces are getting their units and support. The same could go for the UNSC....wait a second, I just got a idea. What if, with the ships hovering above, deploying needed supplies/troops to ground forces, are engaging one another and players can choose to do space or ground/air battles. For instance, if the UNSC ship and Covenant ship are deploying supplies and units to the surface, people engaged in space combat can stop the opposing ship, by destroying or crippling it, from sending troops/supplies, thus crippling ground forces. However if the opposing ground team manages to successfully destroy the other teams ground forces, they can open fire with ground defense turrents (controlled by AI or players) to take down the enemies ship. That would throw more strategy into the mix. What do you all think.
Hey my old account! Hi old account! *Waves*

Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty plasmafish43 | 8454 Member

plasmafish43
Has hand-to-hand combat already been suggested?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:15 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty CWO4anthony321123 | 9329 Legendary Member

CWO4anthony321123
Counter Knifing? Razz

Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty FutureShadow202 | 8269 The Pig Roaster

FutureShadow202
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Counter Knifing? Razz
Yes, like in Battlefield 4!

Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty CWO4anthony321123 | 9329 Legendary Member

CWO4anthony321123
FutureShadow202 wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Counter Knifing? Razz
Yes, like in Battlefield 4!
Exactly!!! And idea; What if you could counter a counter? (And so on.) Smile

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty Mad Mike | 8997 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
What I REALLY want in a halo game is a advanced energy sword combat systems and fights! If you guys remember the good old halo 3 days, you would also remember how epic a energy sword duel could be in swords slayer.

In halo 3, winning a energy sword duel took alot of skill! You had to know when to use the fast melee button and when to use the sword lounge, because back then there was actually a difference. If you where skilled with the sword you could win with 10 points in sword slayer.

But in halo reach and 4, the energy sword takes zero skill and if two players counter eachother, both will just die eventually -.-

Now what I want is a system where you can melee with the sword in ALOT of different ways! There should be a attack where you can quickly turn around and strike down anyone who tries to sneak behind you, like the elites. When you are in a duel with another sword wielder, you should have to use combo attacks and stuff to win the duel!

when you use the sword you should feel as badass as the AI elites who use them!

Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:35 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty Kusa 'Aezotee | 7640 Viva La Sovereign

Kusa 'Aezotee
Mad Mike wrote:
This would actually be pretty nice. I miss Halo 3 swords too, and they were definitely better than how the system works in the newer games.

The melee attack, at least in Reach, actually is faster than a lunge. It's just not near as pronounced as it was in Halo 3. There is skill in the new system, it's just different and maybe not quite as good.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:55 pm

CWO4anthony321123
I know everyone hates this, but I still want a low damage, auto shotgun.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty mini0013xx | 9097 Undaunted Member

mini0013xx
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:I know everyone hates this, but I still want a low damage, auto shotgun.

As long as it's low damage, it'll work for me. (Just gotta balance rate of fire with damage and spread. Possibly bloom.)

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 pm

SilentGamer64
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:I know everyone hates this, but I still want a low damage, auto shotgun.

Like brute mauler-level damage? 1-2 shots to strip shields, and then maybe 1-2 more to finish them off? I'd go for this.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 am

FutureShadow202
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Like brute mauler-level damage? 1-2 shots to strip shields, and then maybe 1-2 more to finish them off? I'd go for this.
Yes! The Mauler should be brought back. I used to wreak havok with that and a smg.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:18 am

SilentGamer64
FutureShadow202 wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Yes! The Mauler should be brought back. I used to wreak havok with that and a smg.

I want them to add an assassination animation for the mauler where you use the bottom blade to slit someone's throat >: )

I actually want all the bladed brute weapons to have their own unique assassinations. I think it would look really cool. Especially the hammer 0.0

Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:10 pm

FutureShadow202
SilentGamer64 wrote:
FutureShadow202 wrote:

I want them to add an assassination animation for the mauler where you use the bottom blade to slit someone's throat >: )

I actually want all the bladed brute weapons to have their own unique assassinations. I think it would look really cool. Especially the hammer 0.0
Heres a few cool ideas for Hammer assassinations:
1. Player smashes the end of the hammer into the victims spine then raises the hammer and smashes it on the victims head.
2. (When the hammer is out of energy) Player swings hammer 180° using the blade part of the hammer to slice the waist of the victim.
3. (When hammer is out of energy and player is in mid air) Player brings the bladed part of the hammer down on the victims skull, then kicks them to the ground to free the blade.
4. (When sprinting towards a enemy) Player swings the hammer up like a golf club into the victims groin area, sending the victim flying through the air. (Bladed part if the hammer is out of energy) (this would also be a bit of a wink to RvB, poor Grif)
5. (When crouched behind an enemy) player jumps up and uses the handle to strangle the victim. (With energy, player brings blade across the victims throat after strangling them)

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:43 pm

UltimateCovie97
I do like the ideas of all the different weapons having different types of assassinations, it could be really cool. It would also be good to have the better type of energy sword combat like a few people suggested.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 24 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com