Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty mini0013xx | 9039 Undaunted Member

mini0013xx
Now, if you know me well enough, then you will know that I have a large imagination. While I may not present it, I spend a lot of my time writing down ideas and stashing them. (I have 3 bins full, plus my desk, which is cluttered with papers).

This level is created in the CoD WaW radiant, their map editor. This is a very large WIP. Currently, there are no enemies, not a lot of walking space, no music, no SOUND, and virtually no lighting done.

Anyway, this is version 0.40. You can watch the video below:

I hope you enjoy this video. I think I even did a nice commentary on this one as well. I was really happy when I did this one.

Now if you'll excuse me, my kind BVG, please leave a comment below.

Last edited by mini0013xx on Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:33 pm; edited 6 times in total

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 am

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty mini0013xx | 9039 Undaunted Member

mini0013xx
Oh, and I must say this:

Do not leave hate on this thread because it has to do with Call of Duty. Please keep it clean in here. Thank you.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 am

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9120 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
Wtf no CoD on this site! Sounds really cool mini! When do you think you'll be done with 1.0?

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 pm

mini0013xx
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:Wtf no CoD on this site! Sounds really cool mini! When do you think you'll be done with 1.0?

Haha!

I have no idea to tell you the truth. Each version is just me adding something new to the map. The finalized version will probably be like. But I'd say give me until March and you'll have a version 0.5 update.

I'm hoping to get version 1.0 done by summer.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9120 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
mini0013xx wrote:
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:Wtf no CoD on this site! Sounds really cool mini! When do you think you'll be done with 1.0?

Haha!

I have no idea to tell you the truth. Each version is just me adding something new to the map. The finalized version will probably be like. But I'd say give me until March and you'll have a version 0.5 update.

I'm hoping to get version 1.0 done by summer.
Sweet, I'm looking forward to it
Very Happy (CoD WaW and MW2 aren't bad imo)

Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty Legal | 10172 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
I wanna see more progress on this!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 pm

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty Jony | 9583 Admin My Ass

Jony
Legal wrote:I wanna see more progress on this!

I can spam too Sad

Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty camycamera | 9066 Legendary Member

camycamera
this is about creation, not hatin', obviously. and tbh WaW was okay anyway. just sayin'

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty camycamera | 9066 Legendary Member

camycamera
oh, ad nice job btw, for version 0.10 anyway XD

question:

how do you get the numbers as in v0.10 v0.12 etc? do you make them up?

just wondering, i dont make stuff, lol

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 pm

mini0013xx
camycamera wrote:oh, ad nice job btw, for version 0.10 anyway XD

question:

I actually have things to do, and when I'm done with them, I upgrade the version. Of course now, each version is probably nothing. You won't see a very big change in version .20, except different textures, some more area to move, some more detail here and there, etc. etc.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:11 pm

mini0013xx

Nice try on hiding spam legal. But we caught you.

Anyway, more progress will be available soon.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty Legal | 10172 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
mini0013xx wrote:

Nice try on hiding spam legal. But we caught you.

Anyway, more progress will be available soon.
I was being serious

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm

camycamera
mini0013xx wrote:
camycamera wrote:oh, ad nice job btw, for version 0.10 anyway XD

question:

I actually have things to do, and when I'm done with them, I upgrade the version. Of course now, each version is probably nothing. You won't see a very big change in version .20, except different textures, some more area to move, some more detail here and there, etc. etc.

yes, i know that the numbers go up when you progress, but where do you get these numbers from? are they from the map editor itself, or do you make them up? i've always been curious, whether it was Minecraft or DayZ, how they get the numbers.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:39 pm

mini0013xx
camycamera wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:

yes, i know that the numbers go up when you progress, but where do you get these numbers from? are they from the map editor itself, or do you make them up? i've always been curious, whether it was Minecraft or DayZ, how they get the numbers.

The people set a goal. When they reach that goal in development, a new it becomes a new version. I'm just calling it that because I like version numbers. Razz

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 pm

001 Contrite Mediation
camycamera wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:

They're made up. Each studio makes up their own system, but full release is always 1.0.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:33 pm

mini0013xx
New version listed above!

Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:26 pm

mini0013xx
Version 0.30!!!

Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:30 am

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty SilentGamer64 | 8687 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
Really cool stuff. If you have any expirience with other level editors, you should help work on GOC. Smile

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 pm

mini0013xx
SilentGamer64 wrote:Really cool stuff. If you have any expirience with other level editors, you should help work on GOC. Smile

Thanks! Sadly though, my expertise with level design goes down only to Singleplayer. (Except in Halo Reach and 4, which only have forge).

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:45 pm

mini0013xx

^^ Version 0.40 update.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:36 am

mini0013xx
Hey everybody! Feels like a forever since I posted on this thread, but I know it's been less than 2 weeks.

Just would like to let you know, I'm still working on this. You just have to remember that I'm working on 6 different projects at the moment. (Something I will never do again). 2 large and 1 small FPSC project, 1 animation project and 2 custom campaigns. I've been busy. The good news is that soon I'll be able to finish the small FPSC project, and continue working on one of the big ones again. That one is Boarded, and I have a few new scripts that'll really help the game.

As for the custom campaigns, such as this one, those will be dealt with soon enough.

Well, thanks for reading up. version 0.50, I'm setting a goal to get it done by next week.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 am

mini0013xx
Yeah, I made a post of customcod.com (The website I showcase the mod on as well, and get help from more advanced users on it), about a glitch in which the ground turns pitch black in areas and polygons deleting themselves but keeping the same textures.

Though it has yet to be answered, I know that it will be someday.

And when it is, I'll be able to showcase version 0.50

Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:01 am

mini0013xx
Hello everybody! After a long, LONG time of development (4 months or so) I've finally been able to dish out version 0.50!

Now, don't think that I was working super hard on it the whole time, the development process was spotty at best.

Now, I speckled along a LOT in a few days, including lots of blend maps, grass, trees, rocks, and rock walls, as well as a little bit of ground!

Version 0.50 was no doubt a critical step in the development of the level, and now that I've gotten past it, I believe that I'll be able to finish up the map the way I want to do it!

The next update is version 0.51, which I'll complete the encounter design for that first area!

Anyway, here's the link:

Now, this is a WW2 mod meant for a WW2 game, I'm not going to stop at one level. I have an agenda for an entire 24 level custom campaign that covers these battles:

Battle of Guadalcanal (2 levels) [America vs. Japan]
Invasion of Normandy (3 levels) [America vs. Nazi Germany]
Battle of Moscow (1 level) [Russia vs. Nazi Germany]
Siege of Stalingrad (5 levels) [Russia vs. Nazi Germany]
Battle of Falaise (3 levels) [America vs. Nazi Germany]
Battle of Angaur (2 levels) [America vs. Japan]
Battle of Paris (1 level) [America vs. Germany]
Battle of Iwo Jima (4 levels) [America vs. Japan]
Battle of Kharkov (2 levels) [Russia vs. Nazi Germany]
Battle of the Sahklin Island (1 level) [Russia vs. Japan]

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty FutureShadow202 | 8211 The Pig Roaster

FutureShadow202
Awesome stuff dude, as far as the black stuff in the water goes, just blame it on BP. The coconuts, definetly should hide a margarita one some where. I noticed that the shadowing and light differences on your character when he was walking under trees and other objects. Water animations look great along with the ground textures. Even though you may only have experience with single player programming, you could definetly help BVG with the enviromental creation of the game.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:56 pm

mini0013xx
FutureShadow202 wrote:Awesome stuff dude, as far as the black stuff in the water goes, just blame it on BP. The coconuts, definetly should hide a margarita one some where. I noticed that the shadowing and light differences on your character when he was walking under trees and other objects. Water animations look great along with the ground textures. Even though you may only have experience with single player programming, you could definetly help BVG with the enviromental creation of the game.

Thanks man! Everything pre-came with the editor, it's just that I'm creating the enviornment. (It's much harder, but much more open than FPSC).

Believe it or not, I will actually have to script in this one. Sad You see, I have to script every single encounter, when enemies appear, and stop respawning, etc. etc.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Call of Duty World at War Allied Offensive WIP Thread Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com