Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Oil shortage solutions. Empty mini0013xx | 9097 Undaunted Member

mini0013xx
Free energy?

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Oil shortage solutions. Empty CWO4anthony321123 | 9329 Legendary Member

CWO4anthony321123
mini0013xx wrote:Free energy?
That comes form what? And how do we make it economically stable?

Oil est. time till it runs out is about 47 years from now more or less. Just sayin'.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Oil shortage solutions. Empty Pandora's Box | 9238 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
I saw this on a show. The countries of Earth banded together to create a solar ring around the Earth that was tethered around the equator. In the show it solved the worlds energy crisis but I don't know if it i a viable option especially with current technology and diplomacy...

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:25 pm

CWO4anthony321123
Pandora's Box wrote:I saw this on a show. The countries of Earth banded together to create a solar ring around the Earth that was tethered around the equator. In the show it solved the worlds energy crisis but I don't know if it i a viable option especially with current technology and diplomacy...
That's the stupidest solution I've ever heard. O.O

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:54 pm

Oil shortage solutions. Empty lordpyromon | 9177 Friendly Dragon Slayer

lordpyromon
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
Pandora's Box wrote:I saw this on a show. The countries of Earth banded together to create a solar ring around the Earth that was tethered around the equator. In the show it solved the worlds energy crisis but I don't know if it i a viable option especially with current technology and diplomacy...
That's the stupidest solution I've ever heard. O.O
Ditto

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:44 am

mini0013xx
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:Free energy?
That comes form what? And how do we make it economically stable?

Oil est. time till it runs out is about 47 years from now more or less. Just sayin'.
Free energy was something Nicola Tesla invented. It's infinite.

Energy crisis: over.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:02 am

Oil shortage solutions. Empty Mad Mike | 8997 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
mini0013xx wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:That comes form what? And how do we make it economically stable?

Free energy was something Nicola Tesla invented. It's infinite.

Nah, zero-point energy only works in Stargate Razz

It's still in the sci-fi stage, and if it ever works it's going to take a LONG time..

I believe more in fusion and fission generators, that's where the future is at.

Fusion can be run with heavy water, which most of the surface is full of, it's does not send out very much radiation and is loses it's radioactive abilities relatively fast. Just needs some more research to become more efficient

Or we can just stick to fission power and improve it, if you use Thorium in the procces instead of Uranium, it removes all risk of a meltdown. The reaction can only be sustained as long as you have a active proton beam. If you turn the beam off, the reaction will stop.

And the waste is only radioactive for around 500 years. And you can even apply the proton beam untill the waste is completely safe.

These things just need more research to become cost effective.

(Then there was also the petrol from air thing that was on the news a while ago)

Last edited by Mad Mike on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Mad Mike
But then again, the problem with energy is not the technological side, it's the political side. This goes into what I said about the petro-dollar before.

The governments (mostly America of course) don't want other power sources that would make the oil obsolete. Because the trading of oil has a "duct tape" effect on inflation.

If you where to remove the need for oil in the state the echonomy is in now, it would cause hyper inflation in America which would cause disaster to the rest of the world aswell. (most big echonomical crises usually start from America since they are so important to the global echonomy)

It is more likely that when the oil situation becomes worse, it will lead to more tension, and possibly a new world war. We all know what would have happened if USA attacked Syria: China and Russia were ready to strike back and defend them.
I'm not gonna tell you that there WILL be a new world war, but it is seriously a huge possibility.

The colonies in Africa was one of the causes of the first world war, the oil is what people need these days. And humanity does not learn from it's mistakes...

(when making any thread in the debate section, you can expect a wall of text from me Razz)

Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:47 pm

CWO4anthony321123
In Africa, a team of students created a generator that runs on urine, about 8 liters for a days worth of power, and a team in America is working on using poop eating bacteria to generate power and at a small scale it works pretty well. I don't remember where, but there is an apartment building somewhere I read about that runs completely off the grid by growing algae in thin glass tanks lining the wall. They use the algae to make power, and during the winter they just burn all the dead algae. If the whole world ran like this we wouldn't have an energy problem or global warming.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:32 pm

mini0013xx
Mad Mike wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:Free energy was something Nicola Tesla invented. It's infinite.

Nah, zero-point energy only works in Stargate Razz

It's still in the sci-fi stage, and if it ever works it's going to take a LONG time..

I believe more in fusion and fission generators, that's where the future is at.

Fusion can be run with heavy water, which most of the surface is full of, it's does not send out very much radiation and is loses it's radioactive abilities relatively fast. Just needs some more research to become more efficient

Or we can just stick to fission power and improve it, if you use Thorium in the procces instead of Uranium, it removes all risk of a meltdown. The reaction can only be sustained as long as you have a active proton beam. If you turn the beam off, the reaction will stop.

And the waste is only radioactive for around 500 years. And you can even apply the proton beam untill the waste is completely safe.

These things just need more research to become cost effective.

(Then there was also the petrol from air thing that was on the news a while ago)
I've seen free energy devices before my friend. While not on a bit scale (that would be extremely expensive), the things run forever with no source of power other than the energy on the atomic level. And atoms don't really have a very big reputation for running out of energy.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Oil shortage solutions. Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9178 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
How about the sun Surprised there's an energy source that won't run out for the next couple billion years.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:11 am

CWO4anthony321123
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:How about the sun :othere's an energy source that won't run out for the next couple billion years.
5 billion years actually. But the amount of space needed to power the WORLD with solar would take way to much.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:27 am

Mad Mike
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:How about the sun :othere's an energy source that won't run out for the next couple billion years.
5 billion years actually. But the amount of space needed to power the WORLD with solar would take way to much.
How about we grab a few big magnifying glass and take them close to the sun, then we use a set of mirrors and move the glass so that it sends a highly concentrated beam of sunlight towards a huge solar cell on earth?

That way we have a power source and the Hammer of Dawn from GoW Razz

Nah but seriously, there is actually potential in using the moon for resources and energy. Solar cells for example function ALOT better on the moon than here. The energy can be sent to earth using microwaves.
But people seem to have completely lost interest in the moon...

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:44 pm

CWO4anthony321123
Mad Mike wrote:
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:5 billion years actually. But the amount of space needed to power the WORLD with solar would take way to much.
How about we grab a few big magnifying glass and take them close to the sun, then we use a set of mirrors and move the glass so that it sends a highly concentrated beam of sunlight towards a huge solar cell on earth?

That way we have a power source and the Hammer of Dawn from GoW Razz

Nah but seriously, there is actually potential in using the moon for resources and energy. Solar cells for example function ALOT better on the moon than here. The energy can be sent to earth using microwaves.
But people seem to have completely lost interest in the moon...
That second one ACTUALLY sounds like a good idea!!!Surprised 

Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Oil shortage solutions. Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com