Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Community Keep Communicating - 7/10/2012

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Noble

Noble
Thus I Refute Thee

I'd like to start off this announcement by apologizing for all the turbulence that was caused by us in attempting to move the site to a new host (which we ended up not doing). To make up for the lack of game progress updates I've been spending that last couple of days working diligently on the BVG Studios site to overhaul the forum design and give it a Bungie inspired theme. I'm very pleased to announce that majority of the forum design is complete and there are a few kinks that will be worked out over the next couple of days. Many of you have noticed most of the new features and are already jumping out of your seat to find out more.

'But Noble, what do I get for spending time here on the BVG Studios forums?' Great question! Members can now qualify for ranks within the site. These are based on a secret formula that calculates -Cheesecake- and also -Cheesecake- to place you within a qualifying rank, simply speaking, playing an active role here on the site is sure to progress you smoothly up the ladder through our community. Members with higher rankings are placed first for alpha, beta, and even early access to Galaxy of Combat. Even if Dev Members are not constantly posting on the site we are always looking at suggestions from the community to create a Halo themed game that was made by the fans, for the fans.

The current ranks are based lowest to highest.
-Enshrined Member
-Champion Member

There are 3 others that will be seen as users progress Wink
Moderators are marked with a blue title bar that has an outline around it. Dev team members have gold title bars that can say various things, such as Thus I Refute Thee.

Prefixes have also been added to the forums. These will appear before a user's rank and are assigned by Dev team members themselves for outstanding members of the community. Consider yourself very lucky to receive one of these.

-Honorable
-Triumphant
-Noble

Update images will also appear to the side of the first post on every thread, as you can see to the right of this post.

Until our next update, community keep communicating! It'll be worth your effort.

Last edited by Noble on Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Share this post on: reddit

Tarson

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:52 pm  Tarson

Jony wrote:
Tarson wrote:
Jony wrote:
Tarson wrote:

I probably only have like 20 posts. I'll have to check.

http://www.bvgstudios.net/portal

Go to right on site, you can check cool stuff! Like post counts etc

I checked. This is my 61st post. Got a ways to go.

Well, keep posting every day! And btw, just go to your profile, easier to check that way.

Alright, thanks.

Sergeant Novan

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:38 pm  Sergeant Novan

Grr...only halfway to reaching Heroic Member.

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:21 pm  Guest

So just a question, shall this be a alternate story line to the Halo series?

001 Contrite Mediation

Post Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:28 pm  001 Contrite Mediation

649 FutureShadow wrote:So just a question, shall this be a alternate story line to the Halo series?
According to the latest livestream, there won't be a campaign Sad . All that I know about the background story is that it takes place during the Human-Covenant War, probably after the fall of Reach. Whatever they include in the game (dialogue, terminals, etc.) will follow Halo canon though.

Jony

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:56 am  Jony

649 FutureShadow wrote:So just a question, shall this be a alternate story line to the Halo series?

It's MMORPG, no Campaign.

Kusa 'Aezotee

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:47 am  Kusa 'Aezotee

Jony wrote:

Not really an MMORPG...

Jony

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:48 am  Jony

Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:
Jony wrote:

Not really an MMORPG...

LOL, MY BAD! OMG

001 Contrite Mediation

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:19 am  001 Contrite Mediation

I would call it an MMOFPS

Jony

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:07 am  Jony

001 Contrite Mediation wrote:I would call it an MMOFPS

I know, it was accident.

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:30 pm  Guest

Jony wrote:

I know that it won't have a campaign like all of Halo's previous FPS's but I am wondering if it will have some sort of new galactic peril that will immerse you and others players to work together against it. I am really looking forward to this especially since the Halo MMO was cancelled, which I think 343 may pick it back up after the Reclaimer Trilogy (Halo 4-6).

Last edited by 649 FutureShadow on Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : post didn't go through)

Uberdobber2

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 pm  Uberdobber2

649 FutureShadow wrote:
Jony wrote:

I know that it won't have a campaign like all of Halo's previous FPS's but I am wondering if it will have some sort of new galactic peril that will immerse you and others players to work together against it. I am really looking forward to this especially since the Halo MMO was cancelled, which I think 343 may pick it back up after the Reclaimer Trilogy (Halo 4-6).
What do you mean the halo mmo was cancelled, when was there going to be a halo mmo

CWO4anthony321123

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:54 pm  CWO4anthony321123

Uberdobber2 wrote:
649 FutureShadow wrote:
Jony wrote:

What do you mean the halo mmo was cancelled, when was there going to be a halo mmo
Few years back, makers of halo wars were going to make one. I am personaly glad it was cancelled. It didn't even look like halo. It looked like some kind of fix between star trek and world of warcraft.

Post Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:45 pm  Guest

CWO4anthony321123 wrote:
Uberdobber2 wrote:
649 FutureShadow wrote:
Jony wrote:

Few years back, makers of halo wars were going to make one. I am personaly glad it was cancelled. It didn't even look like halo. It looked like some kind of fix between star trek and world of warcraft.
I think it would have gone well, especially with all the new species they were going to show, along with weapons, vehicles, etc. I think that it may turn out to be more like this game instead of the regular 3rd person mmo, or it may even have a option for both.

Jony

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:56 am  Jony

CWO4anthony321123 wrote:

Because it was supposed to be rpg.

A10spartanap117

Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:02 pm  A10spartanap117

I'm glad I did what now? O_o?

Jony

Post Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:23 am  Jony

A10spartanap117 wrote:I'm glad I did what now? O_o?

What do you do now? If you want get to Alpha, well, try to get Heroic/Enshrined member rank at least. Oh, and be nice, help other people...

Crisco8828

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:59 am  Crisco8828

this game sounds & looks amazing! i am so excited for this game even though i am not a PC gamer right now. I am more of a Xbox gamer than PC because of Halo! One of the greatest games ever! but this game looks amazing looks awesome!I am going to post some things up in the suggestions area about what I would like in the game. Thank you so much BVG Studios for making this game! Hope this is a awesome game! -Crisco 8828

Jony

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:28 am  Jony

Crisco8828 wrote:this game sounds & looks amazing! i am so excited for this game even though i am not a PC gamer right now. I am more of a Xbox gamer than PC because of Halo! One of the greatest games ever! but this game looks amazing looks awesome!I am going to post some things up in the suggestions area about what I would like in the game. Thank you so much BVG Studios for making this game! Hope this is a awesome game! -Crisco 8828

Welcome!

Before you post your suggestions, make sure to check long thread written by Thel 'Vadam, so you don't suggest same things. And all vehicle suggestions should go to "wishlist ofvehicles" thread.

EpicGhostKilla121

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 am  EpicGhostKilla121

Jony wrote:
Crisco8828 wrote:this game sounds & looks amazing! i am so excited for this game even though i am not a PC gamer right now. I am more of a Xbox gamer than PC because of Halo! One of the greatest games ever! but this game looks amazing looks awesome!I am going to post some things up in the suggestions area about what I would like in the game. Thank you so much BVG Studios for making this game! Hope this is a awesome game! -Crisco 8828

Welcome!

Before you post your suggestions, make sure to check long thread written by Thel 'Vadam, so you don't suggest same things. And all vehicle suggestions should go to "wishlist ofvehicles" thread.

Look at you! Tryin to be all helpful and what not. Lol. Wink

SlashedTortoise

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 am  SlashedTortoise

haha, hes trying to not give us a chance.... KILL HIS JONY GRUNT, na i joke its nice of you ;D and welcome new comer to this amazing place of wisdome and stuff to do with a new halo but none halo game Very Happy hope i helped ;P

SlashedTortoise

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 am  SlashedTortoise

oh an P.S..... cheesecake is god... just thought id clean that up for you incase your wondering what all talk is about cheesecake, if not than... now you know ;D

EpicGhostKilla121

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:14 pm  EpicGhostKilla121

SlashedTortoise wrote:oh an P.S..... cheesecake is god... just thought id clean that up for you incase your wondering what all talk is about cheesecake, if not than... now you know ;D

And owls are evil...just to let you know.

SlashedTortoise

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:28 am  SlashedTortoise

I BE IN THE ENRISHNMENT!!!!!! Very Happy

Jenkins

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:09 pm  Jenkins

Noble wrote:

Prefixes have also been added to the forums. These will appear before a user's rank and are assigned by Dev team members themselves for outstanding members of the community. Consider yourself very lucky to receive one of these.

-Honorable
-Triumphant
-Noble

Where would Forthright fall in here?

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:14 pm  Guest

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet or if there is a forum that answers this question, but is there a way we can keep track of how close we are to ranking up?

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com