Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Update 10/6/12

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Update 10/6/12 - Page 3 Empty Update 10/6/12

Hey community, Swanton007 here.
It’s been a long time since our last update, a really long time. Don’t get use to updates; they won’t be getting any shorter in the time between them. However, throughout this week we will be showing off some models, animations, maybe maps and older content you may have not seen.

The progress

Last time we showed you guys some content was back in early august. We had around 30 members at that time. Now we have almost 60 (If you cant do that math our team size just about doubled). If you look at that in the grand scene of things our team size has almost tripped since our last trailer. We are still in alpha, we are cutting right through alpha like a hot knife though butter, only thing is that butter is about 1 mile long. We hope that we will be able to show you some awesome content in the months to come. However the next trailer we make will not be a boring/non-descriptive one. It will look and play the way GOC is supposed to, and in order to nail that down we will not be making one anytime soon. Sorry, but we really need just solid development time.

On the brighter note

So although some of this content was shown on the forums we would still like to show you in a official update:

This is just a animation our lead animator made for the battle rifle for C:SS. The actual animation will not be used in Galaxy of Combat.

Some random images:

Update 10/6/12 - Page 3 Bridge10

Hey its a bridge? Yes that's a bridge. You don't realize the significance of that bridge do you? Bridge! You still don't get it? Its a bridge, it lets you pass over CANYONS, and VALLEYS, and WATER. Yes that's what a bridge does. Swanton likes bridges, and so does Sam.

Update 10/6/12 - Page 3 Pistol10

Thats a pistol, its a quite cool looking pistol I must say.

And finally for something brand new:

The Cougar

Update 10/6/12 - Page 3 Ss_20111

The Cougar was a ground anti air vehicle that got cut from Halo: Wars. It is a single person vehicle with both a auto cannon and a fully automatic Heavy machine gun. It bears slight resemblance to the modern day APC. However as of the human covenant war the Cougar has been primarily used as a single person assault vehicle capable of taking down targets in a short amount of time. Some marines describe it as a cross between a tank and a warthog.

The making of our old trailer

Although the trailer we last showed off is rather outdated now I think that is beneficial to show ya'll the amount of progress we are capable of doing in about a week's time.
Please note the trailer that you all saw was launched on June 24th 2012:

Thats all for now, Dont forget to stay updated to the Events Page for all the latest news and coverage of BVG's Anniversary!

Additonally I'm told that the Galaxy of Combat page just went live, make sure to check it out here!

Thanks for reading, and youll be hearing more from me and the rest of the developers in due time. Cya Then

Swanton Out.

>Disconnecting
>3
>2
>1
>Hes behind you.....

Share this post on: reddit

LH Justin

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:18 pm  LH Justin

Stop arguing about music and stay on topic.

Jony

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:26 pm  Jony

LH Justin wrote:Stop arguing about music and stay on topic.

We already stopped arguing about it, I even said I don't want continue this, and I asked question peacefully, and he answered for me peacefully.

UltimateCovie97

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:11 pm  UltimateCovie97

001 Contrite Mediation wrote:You should make a covenant trailer! That would be awesome!! Very Happy

Yes...Just...yes

LH Justin

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:11 pm  LH Justin

Jony wrote:
LH Justin wrote:Stop arguing about music and stay on topic.

We already stopped arguing about it, I even said I don't want continue this, and I asked question peacefully, and he answered for me peacefully.
You're still incredibly off topic and your comment didn't look very peaceful to me.

SilentGamer64

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 pm  SilentGamer64

LH Justin wrote:
Jony wrote:

You're still incredibly off topic and your comment didn't look very peaceful to me.

We are done with it, mike just decided to back me up. Lets get on topic now, ok?

SilentGamer64

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:44 pm  SilentGamer64

UltimateCovie97 wrote:
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:You should make a covenant trailer! That would be awesome!! Very Happy

Yes...Just...yes

BVG! You have catered twice to the 60% (Humans) Now its time to appeal to the 40%! (Covenant)

LH Justin

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:22 pm  LH Justin

SilentGamer64 wrote:
UltimateCovie97 wrote:

Yes...Just...yes

BVG! You have catered twice to the 60% (Humans) Now its time to appeal to the 40%! (Covenant)
Elite textures aren't finished.

SilentGamer64

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:43 pm  SilentGamer64

LH Justin wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

So...do you know what they look like? Are they cartoony like in halo 3, or badass like in reach? (just my opinion, not biased towards reach at all)

LH Justin

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 pm  LH Justin

SilentGamer64 wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

So...do you know what they look like? Are they cartoony like in halo 3, or badass like in reach? (just my opinion, not biased towards reach at all)
I'm working on them. It's like some sort of mesh between Halo 2, 3, and a little bit of Reach as far as the textures go. I forget who made the model, but it looks like a mix between Halo3 and Reach. It actually looks okay so far, but I plan to make improvements to work I've already done.

Tempted to throw an image on here, but no. Razz

SilentGamer64

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:14 pm  SilentGamer64

LH Justin wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

I'm working on them. It's like some sort of mesh between Halo 2, 3, and a little bit of Reach as far as the textures go. I forget who made the model, but it looks like a mix between Halo3 and Reach. It actually looks okay so far, but I plan to make improvements to work I've already done.

Damn! So close! At least I tried. Will they be in the next update?

LH Justin

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:51 pm  LH Justin

SilentGamer64 wrote:
LH Justin wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Damn! So close! At least I tried. Will they be in the next update?
I have no idea, haha.

DIS7RICT

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 am  DIS7RICT

That animation was great!

BloodBrothers

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:38 am  BloodBrothers

LH Justin wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Patrick made them!

But we could make a pure Covenant trailer if we wanted pretty soon, couldn't we?

I like how not many people comment on the models :'(

Jony

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:49 am  Jony

BloodBrothers wrote:
Patrick made them!

But we could make a pure Covenant trailer if we wanted pretty soon, couldn't we?

Models were great! Can't wait to see textured versions.

BloodBrothers

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:54 am  BloodBrothers

Jony wrote:
BloodBrothers wrote:
Patrick made them!

Models were great! Can't wait to see textured versions.
Well they're done so don't worry!

001 Contrite Mediation

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:13 pm  001 Contrite Mediation

I want to see more music previews in the next update. I still listen to the GoC Music Preview 2 on youtube 'cause it's so epic!

Jony

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:27 am  Jony

001 Contrite Mediation wrote:I want to see more music previews in the next update. I still listen to the GoC Music Preview 2 on youtube 'cause it's so epic!

Newest CombatCast had 2 soundtracks. Last one sounded like "Arrival/Luck" from Halo 3.

Post   Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com