"The Operator" Official Announcement

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

UncleSam

UncleSam
Gwendolyn's Minion

"The Operator" Official Announcement   Operatorbanner

Hello,

UncleSam here with some maybe not some not so new news (Death stares at Legal and Jony).

After around a half of month of very hard work, my take on the Slender mythos called "The

Operator" is ready to be touched on a tad!

BackStory
The game will take place in [Redacted] located deep within the [Redacted] by the [Redacted]. You, the player, are assigned to fix a damaged power line. This is a dangerous task due to the fact that a decent amount of the area you are lerking in is highly [Redacted], so you will need to be quick. During your journey you will need to roam the environment looking for your supplies that have been "misplaced" while Slender is prowling about the area... watching.

I do not wish for this game to be some sort of HD remake of the already released "Slender" as this game will feature the player to react fast and to do at least a tad bit of thinking and for the experience to be more dynamic.

*Note: The message in the upper-left corner is only a debug to test the code!

"The Operator" Official Announcement   Frame000117

"The Operator" Official Announcement   Frame000212

"The Operator" Official Announcement   Frame000017

"The Operator" Official Announcement   Frame000057

About "The Operator"

The game is being made by me (UncleSam - Sam Santillo), EPIC assistance with the Slender AI is Warhead_Killor - Taylor Bombay (you can check his project here) and Venom2010 for the Slenderman model.

If you would like to see your model(s) to be in the game, please message me for more

information about that!

If you are interested, please follow me on twitter @Sam Santillo
I will post often updates on the project!

Lastly, Slender watches all.

The Operator wrote:Information

Discuss

Share this post on: reddit

WarheadKillor

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:13 pm  WarheadKillor

One word simply, coolbeans.

Halo Wrexx

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 pm  Halo Wrexx

That sounds cool Wink cant wait to see some gameplay Smile

Kusa 'Aezotee

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:20 pm  Kusa 'Aezotee

A new version of Slender does sound fun! Looking forward to this!

Sergeant Novan

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:57 pm  Sergeant Novan

O.O Let's do it

001 Contrite Mediation

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:09 pm  001 Contrite Mediation

Will you actually be able to beat this game? 'Cause playing an objective-based game that you can't win is pointless (unless you're recording your voice and/or your face)

UncleSam

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:20 pm  UncleSam

001 Contrite Mediation wrote:Will you actually be able to beat this game? 'Cause playing an objective-based game that you can't win is pointless (unless you're recording your voice and/or your face)

Yes, the game will feature an ending. Every game is technically objective-based, but again, I am trying to make the game feel fresh

Rex

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:38 pm  Rex

Oooh... That's why the forums broke for like, 2 seconds. You were adding it to the Community Tab. lol.

LH Justin

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:52 pm  LH Justin

SGT. Rex wrote:Oooh... That's why the forums broke for like, 2 seconds. You were adding it to the Community Tab. lol.
That was my fault, I forgot to close a bracket. XD

camycamera

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:58 am  camycamera

when will the trailer be up?

UncleSam

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 am  UncleSam

camycamera wrote:when will the trailer be up?

Once the environment starts to b more polished, I have plans for a teaser Wink

Jony

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:09 am  Jony

UncleSam wrote:(Death stares at Legal and JONY)

Whoa there, Sam! What did I do? I didn't say anything about this game to anyone.

Edit: Seems like a cool game, but what engine will you use? UDK? Cryengine 3? Unity?

Legal

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 pm  Legal

Legal and Jony? Not Jony's fault at all. (BY THE WAY IT LOOKS AMAZING)

LH Justin

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 pm  LH Justin

Jony wrote:
UncleSam wrote:(Death stares at Legal and JONY)

Whoa there, Sam! What did I do? I didn't say anything about this game to anyone.

Edit: Seems like a cool game, but what engine will you use? UDK? Cryengine 3? Unity?
CryEngine 3.

SlashedTortoise

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:29 pm  SlashedTortoise

looks awsome and eveything but i was hoping for more GoC new :'( but oh well looks pretty cool, good luck Smile

Jony

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:19 pm  Jony

Legal wrote:Legal and Jony? Not Jony's fault at all. (BY THE WAY IT LOOKS AMAZING)

Thanks for backing me up Smile

@Dev Team,

Only 2 people making this game? UncleSam and Taylor. Taylor isn't even part of BVGS anymore. Or is whole team doing this?

Hanjaba

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:22 pm  Hanjaba

as long as theres cheesecake... im in.

001 Contrite Mediation

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 pm  001 Contrite Mediation

hanjaba wrote:as long as theres cheesecake... im in.
I certainly hope there's cheesecake.

UncleSam

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm  UncleSam

If you want to ask me questions on the game or something about the team, please follow me on Twitter @SamSantillo. It makes it much easier for me so I don't have to look through forums and it makes it faster for me to answer, Thanks! Very Happy

WarheadKillor

Post Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:50 pm  WarheadKillor

Jony wrote:@Dev Team,

Only 2 people making this game? UncleSam and Taylor. Taylor isn't even part of BVGS anymore. Or is whole team doing this?

Sam asked me for help on his Slender AI and some flowgraph stuff, so I helped him. I'm not actually working on the game, just assisting him with getting things solid.

It's basically this, if you asked me anything about this game. I couldn't tell you a darn thing because I know absolutely nothing other than the fact that UncleSam is making the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jony

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:36 am  Jony

UncleSam wrote:If you want to ask me questions on the game or something about the team, please follow me on Twitter @SamSantillo. It makes it much easier for me so I don't have to look through forums and it makes it faster for me to answer, Thanks! Very Happy

Following you Smile

Jenkins

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:54 pm  Jenkins

Coolest thing I've anticipated since needing to use the restroom since 7:00 this morning. Can't wait.

Kevow of Rice

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm  Kevow of Rice

how to make slenderman more scary..

Sergeant Novan

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 am  Sergeant Novan

He better not have those tentacle arm things...

Legal

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:49 pm  Legal

Sergeant Novan wrote:He better not have those tentacle arm things...
More of them I say!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com