Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Since we havent had an update in a while...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty SilentGamer64 | 8745 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
...I guess I'll do my own. I made all of these concepts for GOC in a 3D program called Google Sketchup. Enjoy!

First up are some HUD's I made:

And you know how you had to reload smg's on the same side when dual wielding them in halos 2 and 3? (Here's a refresher...)

https://www.youtube.com/v/IM-iIhcaDLk

...I made a concept that would make it easier and look awesome too!

Edit: Another vid of sketchup animations. This time its space vehicles! (*cough* devs are free to use my ideas for the game *cough*)Wink

^(Note: Full-screen and high-quality would be best for viewing this one)

Last edited by SilentGamer64 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty Mad Mike | 8997 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
I would actually prefer where it doesn't just happen magically. In halo 3 the guns would just go down and when they came up they would be reloaded... which makes zero sense.

I would like if there was an animation where you use both your hands to reload one weapon at the time.
Like this:

That just looks alot more realistic and cool imo.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty SilentGamer64 | 8745 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
Mad Mike wrote:I would actually prefer where it doesn't just happen magically. In halo 3 the guns would just go down and when they came up they would be reloaded... which makes zero sense.

I would like if there was an animation where you use both your hands to reload one weapon at the time.

Nice. Even better! I wonder what that would look like for smg's though, since you reload them from the sides. That video is how all duel wields should reload though.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty mini0013xx | 9097 Undaunted Member

mini0013xx
SilentGamer64 wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:I would actually prefer where it doesn't just happen magically. In halo 3 the guns would just go down and when they came up they would be reloaded... which makes zero sense.

Nice. Even better! I wonder what that would look like for smg's though, since you reload them from the sides. That video is how all duel wields should reload though.

Don't spartans have those ammo things on the sides of their legs. Makes sense that the ammo is stored in their armor, since they don't have any pockets.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9178 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
mini0013xx wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Don't spartans have those ammo things on the sides of their legs. Makes sense that the ammo is stored in their armor, since they don't have any pockets.
But in the halo ce cinematics the master chief always pulls the magazine out of wherever he stores it, then loads his gun.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:28 pm

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty mini0013xx | 9097 Undaunted Member

mini0013xx
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:

But in the halo ce cinematics the master chief always pulls the magazine out of wherever he stores it, then loads his gun.

In Halo CE, he had the ammo packs at his waist, I believe.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:32 pm

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty Kusa 'Aezotee | 7640 Viva La Sovereign

Kusa 'Aezotee
Good job on these. Sketchup would probably be good to learn, if not one of the other modeling programs. Free is good, and the point I guess.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 am

SilentGamer64
mini0013xx wrote:
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:But in the halo ce cinematics the master chief always pulls the magazine out of wherever he stores it, then loads his gun.

In Halo CE, he had the ammo packs at his waist, I believe.

Yeah, I always thought they were magnetic with his armor or something so the mags didnt need pouches.

Last edited by SilentGamer64 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:02 pm

SilentGamer64
Kusa 'Aezotee wrote:Good job on these. Sketchup would probably be good to learn, if not one of the other modeling programs. Free is good, and the point I guess.

Thanks, and exactly Wink Ive also seen some of the devs use sketchup for some of their models, so yeah. None of the models are mine though, just the animations. I cant model anything for crap. :/

Last edited by SilentGamer64 on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:03 pm

SilentGamer64
I threw a third video up there, check it out. I have tons of halo related sketchup stuff just lying around. Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty Mad Mike | 8997 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
mini0013xx wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

That was only in halo legends, and halo legends is far from canon.
It makes sense how their weapons can be attached to the sides with magnetic fields or something, but to actually have a "reload machine" that automatically reloads any weapon you hold there is a little too much imo...

But if they would have that mechanic they should have animations where you actually can see your armor doing the reload thing. But I think my suggestion would look cooler Razz

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:23 pm

mini0013xx
Mad Mike wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:

It makes sense how their weapons can be attached to the sides with magnetic fields or something, but to actually have a "reload machine" that automatically reloads any weapon you hold there is a little too much imo...

But if they would have that mechanic they should have animations where you actually can see your armor doing the reload thing. But I think my suggestion would look cooler Razz

Well, how else is your person gonna carry around all that ammo. I think I liked it a little better when he had the ammo packs. It looked a little more natural.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:18 pm

SilentGamer64
Mad Mike wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:

I think the ammo is magnetic. Look at what happens when you have a needler or pistol as a secondary, it sticks to the leg of your armor. (my profile pic is a good example of this). So ammo sticking on your armor isnt really that far fetched, you just cant see it because modeling different mags for each weapon to stick on your armor would be way too time consuming and ridiculous.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 pm

mini0013xx
SilentGamer64 wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

I think the ammo is magnetic. Look at what happens when you have a needler or pistol as a secondary, it sticks to the leg of your armor. (my profile pic is a good example of this). So ammo sticking on your armor isnt really that far fetched, you just cant see it because modeling different mags for each weapon to stick on your armor would be way too time consuming and ridiculous.

Picking up ammo in reality is also time consuming and ridiculous, because you have to physically pick them up, put them in your pockets after you've checked that the magazine has ammo. If it does not have a full clip, usually you might find spare bullets, in which you'll have to put inside of the clip before using it.

And before you go on a tangent about realism, yes, Halo has a bit of realism in it.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm

SilentGamer64
mini0013xx wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Picking up ammo in reality is also time consuming and ridiculous, because you have to physically pick them up, put them in your pockets after you've checked that the magazine has ammo. If it does not have a full clip, usually you might find spare bullets, in which you'll have to put inside of the clip before using it.

And before you go on a tangent about realism, yes, Halo has a bit of realism in it.

Oh, Im sure it does. But for that part with checking for bullets and everything...that's just ridiculously fast if MC can do all that in less than a second Razz

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:30 am

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty camycamera | 9124 Legendary Member

camycamera
SilentGamer64 wrote:
mini0013xx wrote:

Oh, Im sure it does. But for that part with checking for bullets and everything...that's just ridiculously fast if MC can do all that in less than a second Razz

that is because HE IS MASTER CHIEF LOLOLOLOLOL

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:58 am

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty FutureShadow202 | 8269 The Pig Roaster

FutureShadow202
Everyone knows the Chief has a bottomless clip for his weapons, its just that when he reloads, he pulls the clip offscreen, and then puts the same one back in........

But in full seriousness, I think it would be great to see weapons reloaded like the did with the CE AR and Magnum, both of which are my favorite reload animations to this day.

Wed May 22, 2013 11:52 am

SilentGamer64
Spartan 202 Ethiel wrote:Everyone knows the Chief has a bottomless clip for his weapons, its just that when he reloads, he pulls the clip offscreen, and then puts the same one back in........

But in full seriousness, I think it would be great to see weapons reloaded like the did with the CE AR and Magnum, both of which are my favorite reload animations to this day.

CE's magnum has my favorite melee animation of all time. I didnt like the way the botched it up in reach and halo 4, its just not the same. Sad

Wed May 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty FutureShadow202 | 8269 The Pig Roaster

FutureShadow202
SilentGamer64 wrote:
Spartan 202 Ethiel wrote:Everyone knows the Chief has a bottomless clip for his weapons, its just that when he reloads, he pulls the clip offscreen, and then puts the same one back in........

CE's magnum has my favorite melee animation of all time. I didnt like the way the botched it up in reach and halo 4, its just not the same. Sad
Ya, CE will always have the best Magnum. The spin animation was cool. Also I think CE was the only one that had the reload animation were you actually cock the gun back.........Bow Chicka Bow Wow.........

Wed May 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Since we havent had an update in a while... Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com