Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Mad Mike | 8999 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
If you play as grunt (deacon or ultra) and have a squad of other AI grunts you would have a really good chance against marines! Especially if you have needlers or power weapons.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:55 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Jony | 9643 Admin My Ass

Jony
I agree.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:45 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Legal | 10232 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
Jony wrote:I agree.
There's no point playing as grunts. They suck.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:03 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Jony | 9643 Admin My Ass

Jony
Legal wrote:

Take your words back. And you know, that Grunt Deacon can kick Marines' asses so easily?

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:12 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Guest | Guest

Jony wrote:
Legal wrote:

Take your words back. And you know, that Grunt Deacon can kick Marines' asses so easily?
Also dem suicide grunts, I absolutely hate them. I think if you choose to be a grunt and you die before you squad of AI do, they should all have a suicide upgrade that you can choose, so you can spawn with a new squad and possibly kill players on the other team.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:16 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Legal | 10232 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
If grunts are in the game it would be a cool special power to be able to kill yourself with two stickies

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:54 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Mad Mike | 8999 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
Legal wrote:If grunts are in the game it would be a cool special power to be able to kill yourself with two stickies

Also! A way to balance grunts would be if you could play as one of those special ops grunts from halo 2! The ones that had camo!!!! Very Happy

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:38 pm

Legal
Mad Mike wrote:
Legal wrote:If grunts are in the game it would be a cool special power to be able to kill yourself with two stickies

Also! A way to balance grunts would be if you could play as one of those special ops grunts from halo 2! The ones that had camo!!!! Very Happy
Awwh yeaaaah

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Mad Mike
Legal wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

Awwh yeaaaah

Jony will be pleased to hear this idea Smile

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Legal
Im sure he will!

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Jony
Mad Mike wrote:

Yep, they were amazing, but I still prefer Grunt Ultras.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Jony
I think I will update my Mighty Grunt! To Grunt Heavy

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Legal
Jony wrote:I think I will update my Mighty Grunt! To Grunt Heavy
Nice idea

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Mad Mike

Is that the ones with the huge eye glasses? The ones that looked a little like a irl gas mask?

I always found those to be the coolest

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Legal
Mad Mike wrote:

Is that the ones with the huge eye glasses? The ones that looked a little like a irl gas mask?

I always found those to be the coolest
I hate them, theyre so ugly

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:55 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty iceomega | 8529 Teh Maps? I Make!

iceomega
Please don't start a flame war.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:04 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty gerhalonig | 8458 Member

gerhalonig
i don't like so much pvp because killing all time. boring Razz but halo is good game Smile

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:48 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Guest | Guest

I would just like to post that I hope the devs have taken a look at my thread, and if they need me to update anything then I'll be able to do that. Smile

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:50 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty LegionOfShadows | 9026 Member

LegionOfShadows
I think rather than being able to choose Spartan from the get go, you become a spartan as you level up. For example, regular marine at start, ODST at 5, Spartan III at 15, and Spartan II at a whopping level thirty! If you choose to become a spartan, then you get access to next gen equipment, which is usually more expensive as a marine or ODST, but for a spartan is cheap.

Once you are a Spartan III, you get one armor ability. Or customisation slot. This isn't an actual armor ability, but is something that affects you. For example, a Motor-Neural module will improve speed, weapon slinging time, etc. A Stealth module will allow you to move faster without being detected on motion tracker, and provide limited camouflage. These are but two of many possibilities.

Spartan IIs get the best. This means you get standard and better weapons, such as DMR, Sniper Rocket launcher for free. You also have cheaper access to the high tech shizzle-whizzle. You also get a default of two slots, with more effects for shields, strength etc. Shield regen time or shield strength. You can also buy even more slots, up to a maximum of four, meaning you can tank your spartan to a specific role. A stealth spartan will get the Motor-Neural module, the Stealth Module, and a camo module, which can be turned on to provide camo.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:24 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Pandora's Box | 9240 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
For balance there could be a currency system during the battle. Like people can start off as heavy units (Spartans or elites/hunters) but they have to pay out of the team pool to spawn as them. This currency could also be used to call in vehicles into the spawns. So it will balance the use of strong units/vehicles.

And to regulate money there could be bonuses for teams that complete objectives, but overall the teams would gradually gain money as the match continues. And if one team is pushed all the way back to their starting base they can receive a last stand bonus to help them push back out of their spawn base.

Probably wouldn't be money. More along the lines of "Reinforcement Credits" or "Ordinance Points"

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:54 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8747 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
^ how about a certain population cap? You can only spawn so many hunters, so many heavy vehicles and heavy weapons, etc. that way it isn't a team of elites vs a team of marines all armed with rockets. So, it's like specialization.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:30 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Pandora's Box | 9240 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
^That sounds good too, and a lot less complicated. The only problem is that some people would hog those particular units and it might annoy the other players. Like if someone on the human team always selects the Spartan and no one else gets to use it (kinda like the jets in Battlefield 3)

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:36 am

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9180 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
What if you get a certain number of points per match to spend on each unit and there is a cap, so if you use all of your points on a spartan at the beginning then you have less and can only use a marine.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:26 am

Pandora's Box
^ Hmmm, that sounds good, I feel like it could also be abused. But it seems, to me, that your idea may work the best

Maybe it could work like Starwars Battle front did, in that you could only select basic classes and unlocked the more advanced classes as you obtained kills/points?

tbh I'm having a hard time thinking of balancing. Because spartans are, on average, so much stronger than any unit the covenant uses... Maybe only have the mass produce SPARTAN-III which was on/slightly above par with Elites?

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:34 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8747 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
PandorasBox12 wrote:^ Hmmm, that sounds good, I feel like it could also be abused. But it seems, to me, that your idea may work the best

Maybe it could work like Starwars Battle front did, in that you could only select basic classes and unlocked the more advanced classes as you obtained kills/points?

tbh I'm having a hard time thinking of balancing. Because spartans are, on average, so much stronger than any unit the covenant uses... Maybe only have the mass produce SPARTAN-III which was on/slightly above par with Elites?

Yes, i was thinking something like starwars battlefront would work well, but there should still be a population cap on heavy units (rockets, heavy gunners, etc.) To make sure everyone gets a chance to use these units, maybe there could be a prompt that asks you if you want to be a specialized class. If you say yes, it gives it to you, and when you die, the next person in line gets to choose. If you say no, the next person in line gets to choose.

Because there are only so many openings available, it will be up to the player to choose wisely. Its kinda like the hero bonus on co op battlefront. If player 1 says no to the hero, it will ask player 2, and if not, then an ai takes it.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:59 pm

A Discussion About PvP Combat, Game Mechanics, Guilds, Groups & More! - Page 4 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com