Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Ideas and suggestion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 11 of 24]

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty Guest | Guest

I just made a thread about it, but what's everyones thoughts about having Addons for the game?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty Sergeant Novan | 8885 Enshrined Member

Sergeant Novan
Would the add ons merely be cosmetic, or useful (ie: radar)?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:38 pm

Sargeant Novan wrote:Would the add ons merely be cosmetic, or useful (ie: radar)?
Well a combonation of both. A example I posted was a HUD addon that would change the appearance and the layout. I also saw someone said something about custom emblems, there could be addons for those to.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8787 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
UltimateCovie97 wrote:They need to let us be able to repair the vehicles in GoC. It wasnt in any of the other Halo's but it would be great to have. It is very annoying when you bring a warthog back to base and just leave it their because it is hurt.

Do it like battlefield does (if you know what I am talking about) it would be very useful in halo

You mean do it like star wars battlefront 2, which battlefield copied.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty Legal | 10272 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
SilentGamer64 wrote:
UltimateCovie97 wrote:They need to let us be able to repair the vehicles in GoC. It wasnt in any of the other Halo's but it would be great to have. It is very annoying when you bring a warthog back to base and just leave it their because it is hurt.

Do it like battlefield does (if you know what I am talking about) it would be very useful in halo

Battlefront > Battlefield.
Everyone true gamer knows that.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:29 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8787 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
Legal wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Yes, but as far as first person goes, I'd say battlefront < battlefield. Battlefront's first person was awful. Overall though, battlefront > battlefield

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty Legal | 10272 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
SilentGamer64 wrote:
Legal wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Yes, but as far as first person goes, I'd say battlefront < battlefield. Battlefront's first person was awful. Overall though, battlefront > battlefield
STAR WAAAAARS <3

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:21 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty 001 Contrite Mediation | 9220 The Floaty Green Dude

001 Contrite Mediation
I loved battlefront. They should make a battlefront 3! That would be so epic.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:47 pm

SilentGamer64
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:I loved battlefront. They should make a battlefront 3! That would be so epic.

Actually, I think a game studio was going to take up the project of a battlefront 3, but then decided to turn it into another game. It's too bad, I would have liked to have seen naboo starfighters fight a droid battlestation in space, like in star wars I

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:10 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
001 Contrite Mediation wrote:I loved battlefront. They should make a battlefront 3! That would be so epic.

Actually, I think a game studio was going to take up the project of a battlefront 3, but then decided to turn it into another game. It's too bad, I would have liked to have seen naboo starfighters fight a droid battlestation in space, like in star wars I
Well I know Lucas is getting ready to retire, but the development team that is currently, making Star Wars: 1313 (it's kind of like TFU but your a bounty hunter) is using a new graphics engine. I think George (or whoever is running the show now) is just waiting to see how this new team does on 1313, if they do good, we'll likely see Battlefront 3 and TFU 3, which I'm looking forward to both (having played the prequels), especially after seeing the hour long beta video for Battlefront 3.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:34 pm

SilentGamer64
117649 Future Shadow wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Well I know Lucas is getting ready to retire, but the development team that is currently, making Star Wars: 1313 (it's kind of like TFU but your a bounty hunter) is using a new graphics engine. I think George (or whoever is running the show now) is just waiting to see how this new team does on 1313, if they do good, we'll likely see Battlefront 3 and TFU 3, which I'm looking forward to both (having played the prequels), especially after seeing the hour long beta video for Battlefront 3.

It would be interesting to see what new mechanics they add based off of other games (battlefield) if they do end up making a third swbf. By the way, this is way off topic, but this would make a good thread to discuss it.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty Halo Wrexx | 7560 Legendary Member

Halo Wrexx
Please add squads. It'll help organize friends and build more team play. Plus its more organization Smile

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Halo Wrexx wrote:Please add squads. It'll help organize friends and build more team play. Plus its more organization Smile
Sort of like in Reachs campaign, when it showed peoples names on your HUD, their waypoints, and a X would show if they were killed.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 pm

So, as with most PC games, will there be any addons for GoC, and a option to activate/deactivate, them in game. So here are an idea for a few:

Addon:

-HUD Displays: Addons that will allow you to change the look and layout of your HUD display. Including changing the color of your HUD, like the purple color for Elites in Halo 2, and green to represent flood.

-Custom Emblems: Emblems made by fans for their clans or just for use for everyone.

-Crosshairs: Old crosshairs from all Halo games, and some from other FPS's. Also a few new fanmade ones. Also the ability to change the color of the crosshairs.

-Original Halo announcer: Download this to hear Halos original announcer yell out kill streaks and hundreds of other favorite sayings!

-Classic Halo Medals: Just got a double kill? See the original medals pop up on your HUD to let you know!

DLC:

-Forerunner DLC: Play as Forerunners, Prometheans, and Sentinels! Gain access to Forerunner weaponry and vehicles.

-Flood DLC: Play as the galaxies greatest threat. Go from being a infection form to becoming the feared Juggernaut. Also unlock access to new flood infected vehicles!

-New battle zone DLC: New battlefields, planets, space engagements, and game types!

-Weapon DLC: Gain access to new and old weapons from the Halo universe.

-Emblems: New and improved emblems!

-Armor Decals and patterns: This one is rather self explanatory.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:22 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty UltimateCovie97 | 8985 Legendary Member

UltimateCovie97
SilentGamer64 wrote:

yes I forgot that they had it in battlefront and they did have it first, I just use it much more in battlefield. And it is a repair torch....they didn't really steal it.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:17 pm

SilentGamer64
UltimateCovie97 wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

yes I forgot that they had it in battlefront and they did have it first, I just use it much more in battlefield. And it is a repair torch....they didn't really steal it.

yea, but its the same concept, for the same purpose. swbf 1 and 2 really did help set the bar for most modern day shooters

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty Knadan | 9032 Community Commissar

Knadan
I want to be able to fast rope from VTOL aircraft, eg Falcons, Hornets, and Pelicans.

Also, at UltimateCovie and SilentGamer, Battlefield actually didn't copy Battlefront, it was closer to the other way around. BF1942 was released in 2002 and had the wrench for repairing vehicles, Battlefront (1) was released in 2004 and had the Fusion Cutter for repairing vehicles, not quite the same tool but it is the same concept.

Last edited by 1st LT Knadan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:18 pm

SilentGamer64
1st LT Knadan wrote:I want to be able to fat rope from VTOL aircraft, eg Falcons, Hornets, and Pelicans.

Also, at UltimateCovie and SilentGamer, Battlefield actually didn't copy Battlefront, it was closer to the other way around. BF1942 was released in 2002 and had the wrench for repairing vehicles, Battlefront (1) was released in 2004 and had the Fusion Cutter for repairing vehicles, not quite the same tool but it is the same concept.

Really? I didn't know battlefield was so old...halo was out a year before it, and it's already catching up (bf4 and halo 4 are both coming out soon)

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:46 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
1st LT Knadan wrote:I want to be able to fat rope from VTOL aircraft, eg Falcons, Hornets, and Pelicans.

Really? I didn't know battlefield was so old...halo was out a year before it, and it's already catching up (bf4 and halo 4 are both coming out soon)
Ya Battlefield has been around for awhile. BF2 was a lot of fun, I liked how you could drive regular cars and trucks in the game, not just military vehicles.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 pm

SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Ya Battlefield has been around for awhile. BF2 was a lot of fun, I liked how you could drive regular cars and trucks in the game, not just military vehicles.

Really? Was it as effective as driving the forklift in reach? (lol Very Happy)

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:03 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Really? Was it as effective as driving the forklift in reach? (lol Very Happy)
Blowing the vehicle up was just as easy lol, but throw a few C4 and bailout of the car, and it was effective.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:20 pm

SilentGamer64
Alas, I would hate to end this stimulating conversation, but we are indeed off topic. Please proceed.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Right! So since GoC takes place early in the Covenant war, will there be Innies and their weaponry.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty Knadan | 9032 Community Commissar

Knadan
1st LT Knadan wrote:I want to be able to fast rope from VTOL aircraft, eg Falcons, Hornets, and Pelicans.
^This is On Topic^
Can I have some opinions on this idea?

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:15 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty Sergeant Novan | 8885 Enshrined Member

Sergeant Novan
Fast roping sounds good, although as it forces a vehicle to stay in one place, it doesn't sound too safe for both the passengers and the pilots. Parachutes might work better in some cases.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:19 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 11 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com