Daily Story Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty CWO4anthony321123 | 9329 Legendary Member

CWO4anthony321123
So, I have a PS4 now, which is nice.

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:50 am

CWO4anthony321123
Anyone else remember when this was a thing?
Daily Story Thread - Page 5 20121012-oreo-os-box
I miss them so bad.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:02 am

CWO4anthony321123
Mike, if you are out there reading this, post to Tontra already!!! You said you were working on it weeks ago. What's going on?

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty Mad Mike | 8997 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Mike, if you are out there reading this, post to Tontra already!!! You said you were working on it weeks ago. What's going on?

I wrote down half a page, but then I ended up really disliking the end product (it didn't go anywere, I just rambled with a bunch of uninteresting stuff) so I got really frustrated and lost intrest for a while... Sorry guys :/

But I have been thinking about stuff to write and ideas for a long time and I am getting pretty hyped to continue the story Smile Although I can't promise I will do it right now, I have lots of school stuff this week. I will have time to work on it during the weekend, I guarantee!

CWO4anthony321123 wrote:Anyone else remember when this was a thing?
Daily Story Thread - Page 5 20121012-oreo-os-box
I miss them so bad.

Clearly I don't, because my mind just got blown. How have I not known about this! How can I find it!!

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:51 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty lordpyromon | 9177 Friendly Dragon Slayer

lordpyromon
Well I've landed in Orlando for spring break, my little brother is in our high school band and they're performing in Disney world. It's friggin humid here but it's better than Texas, we've been getting snow at a surreal rate. It never snows in Texas but in the past couple weeks it's been freezing over! The worst part about that is that TEXANS DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE ON ICE!!! It's like the apocalypse or something over there right now and it's so refreshing to be out of that crap for at least a week.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:17 am

Mad Mike
lordpyromon wrote:Well I've landed in Orlando for spring break, my little brother is in our high school band and they're performing in Disney world. It's friggin humid here but it's better than Texas, we've been getting snow at a surreal rate. It never snows in Texas but in the past couple weeks it's been freezing over! The worst part about that is that TEXANS DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE ON ICE!!! It's like the apocalypse or something over there right now and it's so refreshing to be out of that crap for at least a week.

Dude, do you even winter?
Spoiler:

Although I have to say it's been unusually warm these last few years. Haven't had a blizzard in a very long time... Gotta love global warming.

And yeah, it's pretty hard to drive on ice if you don't have winter tires. But they probably can't find those for miles away in Texas Razz

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:59 pm

CWO4anthony321123
And they say 343 has no sense of humor. Wink

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:37 am

lordpyromon
So I found this video after searching for stuff on -Redacted-:

I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.

EDIT: a dev replied with this:

"Ah yes, Mr. Kruse's rant. While there are points that he made that are true, many, many, MANY things have changed (and you'll get to see the extent of that VERY soon I hope) and in turn, a large portion of his points are nulled. Again I cant really say too much (Which sounds like a total bs "im covering my tracks" type deal but sadly that's unavoidable), but ideally within a short amount of time, the information that you wish to obtain so very much will be given to you."

Sounds a bit like a monologue from a Bond villain don't ya think?

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:57 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty Knadan | 8990 Community Commissar

Knadan
lordpyromon wrote:So I found this video after searching for stuff on -Redacted-:

"Ah yes, Mr. Kruse's rant. While there are points that he made that are true, many, many, MANY things have changed (and you'll get to see the extent of that VERY soon I hope) and in turn, a large portion of his points are nulled. Again I cant really say too much (Which sounds like a total bs "im covering my tracks" type deal but sadly that's unavoidable), but ideally within a short amount of time, the information that you wish to obtain so very much will be given to you."

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:24 am

Mad Mike
Knadan wrote:
lordpyromon wrote:So I found this video after searching for stuff on -Redacted-:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Banning Noble (the only community active dev besides Justin, who was mysteriously buried under a mountain of bricks) is an outrage, but resorting to table flipping feels a bit exaggerated Razz

Despite Noble's valid skepticism part of me still believes that Project Redacted might actually get made one day and all the lost members will return to play the game we've waited so long for and bring the community back to it's former glory. That's just a dream though...

And I'm still looking forward to that thing Noble promised us a while back.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Knadan
Mad Mike wrote:
Knadan wrote:
Spoiler:

Banning Noble (the only community active dev besides Justin, who was mysteriously buried under a mountain of bricks) is an outrage, but resorting to table flipping feels a bit exaggerated Razz

Despite Noble's valid skepticism part of me still believes that Project Redacted might actually get made one day and all the lost members will return to play the game we've waited so long for and bring the community back to it's former glory. That's just a dream though...

I'm not table flipping just because Noble got banned; I'm table flipping because the Daily Story Thread - Page 5 50528-Calling-bullshit-gif-aweZ just doesn't end!
[outrage]It got fed to the community when this was still called GoC and it's still being fed to the community in a "new" project.[/outrage]
(Mind you, just in case there's any confusion, I'm not saying Noble is the one feeding us BS.)

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Mad Mike
Knadan wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

I'm not table flipping just because Noble got banned; I'm table flipping because the Daily Story Thread - Page 5 50528-Calling-bullshit-gif-aweZ just doesn't end!
[outrage]It got fed to the community when this was still called GoC and it's still being fed to the community in a "new" project.[/outrage]
(Mind you, just in case there's any confusion, I'm not saying Noble is the one feeding us BS.)

Oh that! I assumed that was already implied Razz

It is very deja vu to see what's going on with the -Redacted- forums as well...

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:03 pm

lordpyromon
Mad Mike wrote:
Knadan wrote:

Practically nothing has changed since GOC, they're still pulling the whole "you'll see something very soon!" BS that Swanton and the others used to pull and they're even still in the pre-alpha stages! Nothing has changed since the Sovereign debacle and it seems like nothing will. I'm not as big a fan of Halo as I was when I joined and I'm fairly sure the same goes for many others, meanwhile the project formerly known as GOC is still in pre-alpha and doesn't seem to be leaving pre-alpha anywhere in the near future. BVG, Sovereign, and -Redacted-, as much as they've tried to say they're not the same the truth is they have everything in common, they all promised progress where there is none.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:15 pm

Mad Mike
lordpyromon wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

Practically nothing has changed since GOC, they're still pulling the whole "you'll see something very soon!" BS that Swanton and the others used to pull and they're even still in the pre-alpha stages! Nothing has changed since the Sovereign debacle and it seems like nothing will. I'm not as big a fan of Halo as I was when I joined and I'm fairly sure the same goes for many others, meanwhile the project formerly known as GOC is still in pre-alpha and doesn't seem to be leaving pre-alpha anywhere in the near future. BVG, Sovereign, and -Redacted-, as much as they've tried to say they're not the same the truth is they have everything in common, they all promised progress where there is none.

Yeah, it's pretty sad really. (But like I've said before, they might pull a Duke Nukem Forever and release GoC/-Redacted- when we're all old men!)

On a even more sad note, I just read that Sam Simon (creator of the Simpsons) died recently ;(

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty Dr_EvilOranges | 6939 Member

Dr_EvilOranges
On a even more sad note, I just read that Sam Simon (creator of the Simpsons) died recently ;(

A less sad note, I live near the college Matt Groening (the other creator of the Simpsons) went to, Evergreen Community College. I wonder what he's been up to after recently ending Futurama. Interestingly I've never heard of Sam Simon, maybe if I actually paid attention to the names in the intro I'd have known...

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:53 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8745 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
Hello there. It's been a while, hasn't it?

I've been really busy with college, friends, and my own game I've been working on for the past year now. I just started skimming through the threads on "that other site" a week ago to see if any progress had been made, and I came across a thread that lordpyromon made about Noble. It reminded me of you guys here at BVG, so here I am. What's new?

Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Knadan
SilentGamer64 wrote:Hello there. It's been a while, hasn't it?

I've been really busy with college, friends, and my own game I've been working on for the past year now. I just started skimming through the threads on "that other site" a week ago to see if any progress had been made, and I came across a thread that lordpyromon made about Noble. It reminded me of you guys here at BVG, so here I am. What's new?
Let's see, Anthony posts pics from that gun-building program and Pandora started a funny video thread that me and him have put a lot of ARMA stuff in. Oh, and someone put up a thread about a ARMA 3 mod that introduces Halo stuff.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:05 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8745 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
Knadan wrote:

Let's see, Anthony posts pics from that gun-building program and Pandora started a funny video thread that me and him have put a lot of ARMA stuff in.  Oh, and someone put up a thread about a ARMA 3 mod that introduces Halo stuff.

Sounds cool. I'll go check it out.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:07 pm

CWO4anthony321123
Knadan wrote:

Let's see, Anthony posts pics from that gun-building program and Pandora started a funny video thread that me and him have put a lot of ARMA stuff in.  Oh, and someone put up a thread about a ARMA 3 mod that introduces Halo stuff.
...They are my muse...

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty Noble | 6493 Thus I Refute Thee

Noble
Something is in the works I'm sure you guys will be interested in.

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 GIgXk

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Knadan
Noble wrote:

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Mad Mike
I guess this video's gonna be everyone's thing now, since people keep crawling back here Razz

SilentGamer64 wrote:
Knadan wrote:

Sounds cool. I'll go check it out.

We also started a role-playing thread as a sort of alternate-universe prequel to our City of Tontra RP we started one or two years ago. I'm not sure if you were part of that but just putting it out there if you're interested in that sort of thing. It's sort of been on hiatus for a while because of me being such a slow writer and having lots of school stuff like you (After my exam on Tuesday I will have more time guys).

Also, I almost forgot! I was really close to finally cracking the mystery of who our Gwendolyn really is. I had strong evidence that suggested that Gwendolyn was disguised as one of our new members, Dr_EvilOranges, the guy who commented a few posts back in this thread. But all charges were dropped since I didn't have anything solid in the end (the accusations got a little out of hand, like in the old days XD ). EvilOranges is a pretty cool guy though, Gwendolyn or not, it's always nice to have new people here Smile

Noble wrote:Something is in the works I'm sure you guys will be interested in.

Dude, nobody remembers Reach anymore... it isn't in the Broken Chief Collection. But from what I can tell from your picture you're doing something more ODST oriented. I'm guessing a single player game? If that's the case then the hype is real, ODST was my favorite!

I have to say one thing though, I've matured a lot since all of this started and I've realized how much time and dedication projects like these take. I learned from my own projects that it's not always easy to deliver and avoid getting trapped in dead ends. That being said, and despite the past, I think I can speak for all of us and say that we really appriciate that you still care enough about this community to want to bring us something cool and fun. You have our support and I'm definitely interested in seeing more of this mystery game Smile

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:11 pm

Knadan
Mad Mike wrote:I think I can speak for all of us and say that we really appriciate that you still care enough about this community to want to bring us something cool and fun. You have our support and I'm definitely interested in seeing more of this mystery game Smile
Seconded.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:52 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty Pandora's Box | 9238 Grammatical Wizard

Pandora's Box
Knadan wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:I think I can speak for all of us and say that we really appriciate that you still care enough about this community to want to bring us something cool and fun. You have our support and I'm definitely interested in seeing more of this mystery game Smile
Seconded.

Thirded(?)

I saw the videos go up on Youtube and they look good. If there is anything we can do to help I'm sure everyone would pitch in where they could.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:08 am

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty Legal | 10230 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
Pandora's Box wrote:
Knadan wrote:
Seconded.

Thirded(?)

I saw the videos go up on Youtube and they look good. If there is anything we can do to help I'm sure everyone would pitch in where they could.

More-ded. Whut.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Daily Story Thread - Page 5 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com