Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next

Ideas and suggestion thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 18 of 24]

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty UltimateCovie97 | 8985 Legendary Member

UltimateCovie97
Ersa 'Elaodee wrote:
UltimateCovie97 wrote:

And that would be awesome!
And if they make it so wrecked vehicles don't delete after a minute it would be perfect. The streets getting clogged with destroyed warthogs, tanks, and the occasional aircraft. Using the wrecks to block roads forcing enemy armored columns into chokepoints.

This would make it like true urban warfare: a tooth and nail fight from building to building for every inch.

ONI Alpha site and NMPD HQ will be UNSC strong points, each could provide benefits to the faction that controls them. ONI Alpha site will contain vital intel such as detailed maps of the city and underground. The UNSC can attempt to wipe the database preventing the covenant from getting the intel but it will deny their own use of it. Data deletion will take time like 15-20 minutes.

NMPD HQ would have large landing pads for dropships making it a safe place to land reinforcements and supplies. Like ONI alpha site the defenders can destroy the pads denying the enemy the advantage. They can be repaired but it will take time.

something tells me that you are a battlefield player, and I am too! I love the strategy that goes into it an seeing that scale on this type of map in the halo universe would be great. It has always kind of annoyed me how the vehicles disappear. It would be great to see them not disappear and using that factor to your advantage.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty Ersa 'Elaodee | 8974 Member

Ersa 'Elaodee
UltimateCovie97 wrote:
Ersa 'Elaodee wrote:And if they make it so wrecked vehicles don't delete after a minute it would be perfect. The streets getting clogged with destroyed warthogs, tanks, and the occasional aircraft. Using the wrecks to block roads forcing enemy armored columns into chokepoints.

This would make it like true urban warfare: a tooth and nail fight from building to building for every inch.

ONI Alpha site and NMPD HQ will be UNSC strong points, each could provide benefits to the faction that controls them. ONI Alpha site will contain vital intel such as detailed maps of the city and underground. The UNSC can attempt to wipe the database preventing the covenant from getting the intel but it will deny their own use of it. Data deletion will take time like 15-20 minutes.

NMPD HQ would have large landing pads for dropships making it a safe place to land reinforcements and supplies. Like ONI alpha site the defenders can destroy the pads denying the enemy the advantage. They can be repaired but it will take time.

something tells me that you are a battlefield player, and I am too! I love the strategy that goes into it an seeing that scale on this type of map in the halo universe would be great. It has always kind of annoyed me how the vehicles disappear. It would be great to see them not disappear and using that factor to your advantage.
The destroyed vehicles always looked cool. They would make great aesthetics.

I've always wanted to see a video game with large scale urban combat like this.

Maybe the defenders could control VIRGIL thus allowing them use of the security cameras. This would force attackers to plan accordingly and play stealthfully or get ambushed.

I love battlefield and as you can see I love C4 :3. If there are demo charges like them in this, I will have a hayday. No vehicles would be safe from my wrath.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty Rex | 9113 Enshrined Member

Rex
Bro. C4 Forever.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Ersa 'Elaodee
SGT. Rex wrote:Bro. C4 Forever.
>Sneak into enemy base as spec ops
>Plant charges on all of their vehicles
>Detonate them and destroy half their team in one fell swoop

Demo charges would make the game a lot more entertaining for me. Isn't it C7 or C8 in halo?

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty UltimateCovie97 | 8985 Legendary Member

UltimateCovie97
Ersa 'Elaodee wrote:

Demo charges would make the game a lot more entertaining for me. Isn't it C7 or C8 in halo?

Yeah, I think it was C7 and whatever the covenant equivalent is.

Also if there happens to be a destructible environment, you could take down entire buildings and block roads with that rubble!

And if you love urban warfare as you say you do, i believe that battlefield has a map pack coming out of premium members tuesday that has nothing but large scale urban combat (idk, if so of the maps will have vehicles on xbox though)

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Ersa 'Elaodee
UltimateCovie97 wrote:
Ersa 'Elaodee wrote:>Sneak into enemy base as spec ops

Also if there happens to be a destructible environment, you could take down entire buildings and block roads with that rubble!

And if you love urban warfare as you say you do, i believe that battlefield has a map pack coming out of premium members tuesday that has nothing but large scale urban combat (idk, if so of the maps will have vehicles on xbox though)
I don't think the cryengine can handle destructible environments like that. You would need the frostbite engine.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty Knadan | 9032 Community Commissar

Knadan
Ersa 'Elaodee wrote:

In Halo C7 is a foaming explosive that sees some use, but their main plastic explosive is C12.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:30 pm

UltimateCovie97
Ersa 'Elaodee wrote:
UltimateCovie97 wrote:

I don't think the cryengine can handle destructible environments like that. You would need the frostbite engine.

well, i will have to settle for the vehicles in the street then. Still, that isn't bad.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Ersa 'Elaodee
1st LT Knadan wrote:
Ersa 'Elaodee wrote:>Sneak into enemy base as spec ops

In Halo C7 is a foaming explosive that sees some use, but their main plastic explosive is C12.
Ah yes C12. I could troll an entire team using only C12 and a ghost.

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty plasmafish43 | 8496 Member

plasmafish43
I think it would be awesome if they added the specture

Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8787 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
plasmafish43 wrote:I think it would be awesome if they added the specture

Assuming you mean the spectre from halo 2, "if it's halo it's in." (One of the devs said that)

I'm just going to take their word for it and say it's in.

Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 pm

UltimateCovie97
SilentGamer64 wrote:
plasmafish43 wrote:I think it would be awesome if they added the specture

Assuming you mean the spectre from halo 2, "if it's halo it's in." (One of the devs said that)

Ahh halo 2...

It would be cool if they added the shadow as well.

(for those of you who don't know it is a covenant ground transport.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110724183459/halo/es/images/f/f2/ShadowH2.png

Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty plasmafish43 | 8496 Member

plasmafish43
That was also awesome in halo 2, cool to see that to.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:06 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty Mad Mike | 9039 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
UltimateCovie97 wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Ahh halo 2...

It would be cool if they added the shadow as well.

(for those of you who don't know it is a covenant ground transport.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110724183459/halo/es/images/f/f2/ShadowH2.png

That turret was freakin amazing! It would make a great vehicle!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty Legal | 10272 Viva La Sovereign

Legal
SHADOW PLEASE

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty SilentGamer64 | 8787 Wort! Wort! Wort!

SilentGamer64
Legal wrote:SHADOW PLEASE

Seconded.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Ersa 'Elaodee
SilentGamer64 wrote:
Legal wrote:SHADOW PLEASE

Seconded.
Thirded.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty Mad Mike | 9039 Gwendolyn's Minion

Mad Mike
Ersa 'Elaodee wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Seconded.
Thirded.

Look, we can go on with this forever...

Fourthed!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:40 pm

UltimateCovie97
Mad Mike wrote:
Ersa 'Elaodee wrote:Thirded.

Fourthed!

I must stop this before it begins...!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:06 pm

SilentGamer64
UltimateCovie97 wrote:
Mad Mike wrote:

Fourthed!

Come on Mikal, it's the Shadow! You can do it!

F...F...Fift...

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 am

Knadan
SilentGamer64 wrote:
UltimateCovie97 wrote:

Come on Mikal, it's the Shadow! You can do it!

F...F...Fift...
I think I can end this; SMAW'ed

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:30 am

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty Conor17777 | 8376 Member

Conor17777
i think to be honest you dont need to expand too much on ground battles, so long as it comes with a rudimentary (perhaps a little shitty) space battle then WE WILL LOVE YOU FOR ETERNITY, no halo game has really achieved real space combat yet, you manage it and youll be loved for ever, perhaps as the space battle maps are quite large you will need a swbf2 style bots, people to fill the gap whilst the real players lead their squadrons.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:05 pm

UltimateCovie97
Conor17777 wrote:i think to be honest you dont need to expand too much on ground battles, so long as it comes with a rudimentary (perhaps a little shitty) space battle then WE WILL LOVE YOU FOR ETERNITY, no halo game has really achieved real space combat yet, you manage it and youll be loved for ever, perhaps as the space battle maps are quite large you will need a swbf2 style bots, people to fill the gap whilst the real players lead their squadrons.

That is a great idea, however I feel that halo has not had massive online battles either, seeing players of the multiplayer game in a scarab fighting a tank column will be new. And there will be vehicles that we have never seen in multiplayer before.

But the space battles will definitely be interesting to see in an actual play through and not in theory.

Any new space vehicles (besides the longsword and the seraph) that people want?

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:06 pm

SilentGamer64
UltimateCovie97 wrote:
Conor17777 wrote:i think to be honest you dont need to expand too much on ground battles, so long as it comes with a rudimentary (perhaps a little shitty) space battle then WE WILL LOVE YOU FOR ETERNITY, no halo game has really achieved real space combat yet, you manage it and youll be loved for ever, perhaps as the space battle maps are quite large you will need a swbf2 style bots, people to fill the gap whilst the real players lead their squadrons.

That is a great idea, however I feel that halo has not had massive online battles either, seeing players of the multiplayer game in a scarab fighting a tank column will be new. And there will be vehicles that we have never seen in multiplayer before.

But the space battles will definitely be interesting to see in an actual play through and not in theory.

The Infinity Smile

But for real, I would like sabers, phantom gunboats, shortswords (can they go in space?) Space banshees (with shields and stronger armor so theyre not 1 shot killed), and a fully armed pelican (im talking a chin turret, rocket pods, and maybe a turret in the rear like in halos 2 and 3). And the spirit would be cool too.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Knadan
SilentGamer64 wrote:
UltimateCovie97 wrote:

The Infinity Smile

But for real, I would like sabers, phantom gunboats, shortswords (can they go in space?) Space banshees (with shields and stronger armor so theyre not 1 shot killed), and a fully armed pelican (im talking a chin turret, rocket pods, and maybe a turret in the rear like in halos 2 and 3). And the spirit would be cool too.
Boarding craft a la Halo 2's.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Ideas and suggestion thread.  - Page 18 Empty Sponsored content |

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com