Welcome to the Bay!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Protocol Dictates Action: 06/27/2012

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Noble

Noble
Thus I Refute Thee

This is just a quick update to describe the overhaul that is going to be taken care of over the next few days. Since the creation of Halo: Galaxy of Combat the team here at BVG Studios has strived to uphold Microsoft's Custom Content Policy, but due to recent changes in this policy we must make changes to our game in order to conform to these new rules. In addition, we are beginning on getting game play mechanics in place along with menu design.

I. Name Change
Halo: Galaxy of Combat is no longer allowed to be the running name of the game. The new rules state that the name cannot have 'Halo' in it and it the logo cannot resemble the 'Halo' logo.

In addition, your Items may not use the name of the Microsoft Game in their title. For example, we don't object to "Red vs. Blue". We don't object to "Operation Chastity". But we do object to "Halo [insert the title of your Item here]". We want to make sure consumers don't get confused.
Along those same lines, please don't use actual logos from the Microsoft Game as part of your Item's logos.

We contacted bsangel from the Waypoint forums and she confirmed that no exceptions could be made and the changes had to be done.
We are currently in the process of brainstorming names. We're trying to find a name that can sum up the Human-Covenant War and can be easily identifiable as Halo. (My current name suggestion is Winter Contingency). We will open a poll to the community to allow them to vote on their favorite name that will replace Halo: Galaxy of Combat.

II. Game Mechanics
Another issue that has come up is how exactly the multiplayer will work. Members of the team are coming up with ideas for how the mechanics would work and they will be introduced to the community soon, again where it will be voted on but not finalized by the community.
NOTE: The game WILL NOT feature open-world environments, however, the maps will be on an extremely large scale.

III. Menu Design
Menu concepts will also be created for members of the community to vote on. They will fit into the game mechanics that are described by the proposer.

This Thursday (June 28th) we will be having a livestream, so make sure to get on around 5pm (Central).

Livestream Link

Last edited by Noble on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Share this post on: reddit

Arathmorr

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:48 am  Arathmorr

Noble wrote:
Arathmorr wrote:Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Did GoC or WC win the poll. I didn't check the site recently and missed quite a bit.

Galaxy of Combat

Cool, thanks Noble Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

THE BAY IS AN COMMUNITY FORUM. WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH BAY VIEW GAME STUDIOS.
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com